Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niner fans r getting to me!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I live with a 49ers fan. My younger daughter.

    She doesn't smack talk me.
    Administrator

    #Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

    Comment


    • #17
      I'd say a little of both on the defense, getting Woody and Von back is huge but you are right we havent faced a top offense, yet.

      OL was due to injuries, it's been pretty solid but losing Clady still blows, he can take out a teams best pass rusher and you can chip, help elsewhere on the line. Mathis has been a monster though so who knows.

      Disagree a little on Champ, i'll still take him over our other CB's or the backups. Even though im very high on our rookie, Webster.

      Ravens D has been close to elite since Week 1, they allowed 4 or 5 TD's since then, and have a very good pass rush with Suggs/Dumervil/Ngata, etc.

      On the Chiefs, time will tell once their schedule beefens up.

      Niners are playing better, seems they are just running the ball alot more, getting Crab/MM will help a lot.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BayAreaFBFan View Post
        Is their defense the one that showed up in the second half against the Redskins or is it the one in the Cowboys game?
        Who did we get back for the Redskins that we didn't have for most or all of the Cowboys game?

        What was our D ranked last year?

        I think if you answer those questions, you will be able to answer the question of which Defense are we.

        Our D, with Miller back, and the rest of our starters, is very talented, and capable. They aren't going to shut teams out. We score too quickly. But they come up big when we need them to. That's a recipe for success for a lot of teams that have won it big. We have the great fortune of not requiring a Defense that can completely dismantle teams because of how efficient our Offense is.

        Was the Colts pass rush that good or is it sub standard play by the Offensive Tackles?
        I know it sounds like excuses, but there was a lot of shuffling on the O line for the Colts game. Aside from Clady being out for the season, we should be back to normal soon. Once again, we don't need the 98 Broncos O-line. Manning gets the ball out quick enough to avoid the pass rush in most instances. I would say I'm more worried about Julius Thomas and his blocking ability. He is a liability. He's a willing blocker, but willingness doesn't get it done by itself. He is raw. He's only played football for 3 years of his life, and blocking is arguably the most difficult learning curve. Hopefully he gets there. If not, they will have to keep it in mind.

        Just like the Chiefs haven't faced a top level offense, the Broncos have yet to face an elite defense.
        We will see how we fare against the Chiefs. I think we will be fine.

        But with the loss of Dumervill on the line and Champ another year older and showing signs of regression and a shaky OL there will be doubters man.
        Honestly, we don't miss Dumervil at all. Look at what he's doing in Baltimore....

        Don't worry, I'll wait lol

        And as far as Champ goes, I hate to say it, but I think the fact that we have our young guys in there right now is a good thing. I'm not saying Champ is done, but DB is one of our deepest positions, and being able to keep everybody gameready is going to help in the long run.

        Regardless, there is a HUGE distinguishable difference between doubting, and just outright hating lol
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          I'd say a little of both on the defense, getting Woody and Von back is huge but you are right we havent faced a top offense, yet.

          OL was due to injuries, it's been pretty solid but losing Clady still blows, he can take out a teams best pass rusher and you can chip, help elsewhere on the line. Mathis has been a monster though so who knows.

          Disagree a little on Champ, i'll still take him over our other CB's or the backups. Even though im very high on our rookie, Webster.

          Ravens D has been close to elite since Week 1, they allowed 4 or 5 TD's since then, and have a very good pass rush with Suggs/Dumervil/Ngata, etc.

          On the Chiefs, time will tell once their schedule beefens up.

          Niners are playing better, seems they are just running the ball alot more, getting Crab/MM will help a lot.
          Great post. My concern about the Chiefs is their lack of WRs. Yeah Smith is no Manning, but having Bowe as a number one WR eerks me. He is in no way, shape or form a true #1 WR. He's a poor mans Keyshawn Johnson. All the hype at draft time just to turn into a possesion receiver that has average hands at best, let alone get separation. I was hoping they would make a bid for Josh Gordon. Yeah he's one blunt away from being kicked out of the league, but the guy has got some wheels.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            I live with a 49ers fan. My younger daughter.

            She doesn't smack talk me.
            You raised a 9ers fan? :nono:
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by BayAreaFBFan View Post
              Great post. My concern about the Chiefs is their lack of WRs. Yeah Smith is no Manning, but having Bowe as a number one WR eerks me. He is in no way, shape or form a true #1 WR. He's a poor mans Keyshawn Johnson. All the hype at draft time just to turn into a possesion receiver that has average hands at best, let alone get separation. I was hoping they would make a bid for Josh Gordon. Yeah he's one blunt away from being kicked out of the league, but the guy has got some wheels.
              I've said the same alot.

              Avery/Bowe are ok but they dont make a DC lose sleep at night.

              I actually like Bowe, i dont know whats wrong, maybe he cant seperate anymore or it's Smith. But for them when they face teams who can put up points, he needs to have big games.

              I think their #3 WR is McCluster whose more of a RB.

              The TE's are ok but coverable.

              Just contain Charles really.

              I love Gordon, since you guys got an extra 2 from the Smith trade, they should of got Gordon, i saw they offered Baldwin and a 2nd for him. How sick would Gordon/Crab/Boldin/VD with your run game be in the playoffs?

              Oh well though.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                I've said the same alot.

                Avery/Bowe are ok but they dont make a DC lose sleep at night.

                I actually like Bowe, i dont know whats wrong, maybe he cant seperate anymore or it's Smith. But for them when they face teams who can put up points, he needs to have big games.

                I think their #3 WR is McCluster whose more of a RB.

                The TE's are ok but coverable.

                Just contain Charles really.

                I love Gordon, since you guys got an extra 2 from the Smith trade, they should of got Gordon, i saw they offered Baldwin and a 2nd for him. How sick would Gordon/Crab/Boldin/VD with your run game be in the playoffs?

                Oh well though.
                The report was a mild groin injury, but let's be real here. This has been going on since week one with him. As high in the first round he was picked and to not even be able to run vertical routes already has semi-bust written in my mind. Avery is fast but undersized. The TE's are good pass catchers but don't strike fear to defenses.

                The Niners are gonna wait out for Manningham and Crabtree. I'd imagine if Gordon didn't have so many off field issues a trade might have been closer to reality.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BayAreaFBFan View Post
                  The report was a mild groin injury, but let's be real here. This has been going on since week one with him. As high in the first round he was picked and to not even be able to run vertical routes already has semi-bust written in my mind. Avery is fast but undersized. The TE's are good pass catchers but don't strike fear to defenses.

                  The Niners are gonna wait out for Manningham and Crabtree. I'd imagine if Gordon didn't have so many off field issues a trade might have been closer to reality.
                  Nah, he's not a bust, he's good but he's paid like a top 5 WR, and he's not producing. He's been relatively healthy all year for the most part. Talk to some KC fans who get in a fissy mood when people bash him. He's had some real good years with Cassel.

                  Spot on with the other post.

                  Well, as i said, supposedly they offered Baldwin, and a 2 but maybe Cle wanted more. I saw you guys activated Tank, i liked him alot coming out.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ruksak View Post
                    Yeah remember how some said that the Colts found the blueprint for beating SF? They haven't lost since.

                    Something to keep in mind when the same talking puppets spout off that the Colts found the blueprint to beating the Broncos.

                    No such "blueprint" exists.
                    Pray they come into game unhealthy especially at QB and exploit those injuries...
                    + An emotional tribute to make Manning tear up and lose focus
                    + have an owner who makes annoying statements =
                    Manning loss

                    For SF its force them to stop running the ball and take their main receiver out of the game. That was one of the few games they actually got away from running the ball despite the fact they had success with it.
                    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-31-2013, 12:23 AM.
                    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BayAreaFBFan View Post
                      There are just a couple unanswered questions about the Broncos that are legit. Is their defense the one that showed up in the second half against the Redskins or is it the one in the Cowboys game? Was the Colts pass rush that good or is it sub standard play by the Offensive Tackles? Just like the Chiefs haven't faced a top level offense, the Broncos have yet to face an elite defense. So there is uncertainty on how good both these teams are. I'll give the nod to Denver since they were in the thick of things last year so they have a track record of success as of late. But with the loss of Dumervill on the line and Champ another year older and showing signs of regression and a shaky OL there will be doubters man.

                      I'll be here whether the Chiefs win or lose. You can count on that. Chiefs have always been my AFC team.
                      Denvers Defense was without defensive captain Mlb Wesly Woodyard, Robert Ayers, Von Miller, Chriis Harris.

                      Ayers - second on the team in sacks
                      Miller - best pass defensive player/ pass rusher
                      Chris Harris - leads the broncos in interceptions.
                      Woodyard - the defense's OB & playcaller.
                      The Broncos will be a top ten d by years end
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I would take smack talk from a Niner fan every day for the rest of my life if I never had to hear another Seachicken fan speak about football again. The amount of homerism in this city is sickening. And I realize most fans are homers to an extent but man these people take it to a whole nother level.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
                          I would take smack talk from a Niner fan every day for the rest of my life if I never had to hear another Seachicken fan speak about football again. The amount of homerism in this city is sickening. And I realize most fans are homers to an extent but man these people take it to a whole nother level.
                          But they were robbed, they should have won the SB and now they have a team that cant be beaten even if they are all on PED's and they have hobbled receivers and their O has yet to prove they can consistently play outside of the stadium. They are the best team ever.

                          If I never hear another Wilson is the next Montana reference again I will be happy

                          I moved back here not to long ago and the difference in the radio discussions are amazing, here in Denver when the team wins all the call ins are about what the team did wrong and how they werent perfect. There when they lose its about how they were robbed or how that the game doesnt really matter because they will have home field advantage this year, I get mad at how our team has become chicken littles but the prior is so much worse

                          They hate the Broncos in Seattle but at least they have a reason to as we were a rival who regularly beat them up. SF has no reason to hate Bronco fans and most Broncos only dislike how the SB against them went but ive met Bronco fans who cheer for SF because it pisses the Raiders off. Yet every SF fan I know for some reason goes out of their way to piss me off because I am a Bronco fan
                          Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-31-2013, 02:05 PM.
                          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            let go of your hate...hate leads to the dark side.
                            Originally posted by baphamet
                            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
                              I would take smack talk from a Niner fan every day for the rest of my life if I never had to hear another Seachicken fan speak about football again. The amount of homerism in this city is sickening. And I realize most fans are homers to an extent but man these people take it to a whole nother level.
                              I grew up in Cali right in Niners/raiders territory too. I had two very dear friends move from Tacoma to my town and they were crazy die hard Seahawk fans. I had one of them scream BOZ at me for a whole summer after they drafted him..followed by "THE BOZ is going to KILL Elway. Rip out his horse jaw and beat him to death with it." Well we went to the local Pizza place to watch the game with all our other friends(dirty raiders fans) 40-17 Broncos 2 Personal fouls on Boz for hitting late out of bounds. He never stopped screaming BOZ at me the whole season. The are a passionate bunch...GL if you live there
                              Originally posted by baphamet
                              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                                But they were robbed, they should have won the SB and now they have a team that cant be beaten even if they are all on PED's and they have hobbled receivers and their O has yet to prove they can consistently play outside of the stadium. They are the best team ever.

                                If I never hear another Wilson is the next Montana reference again I will be happy

                                I moved back here not to long ago and the difference in the radio discussions are amazing, here in Denver when the team wins all the call ins are about what the team did wrong and how they werent perfect. There when they lose its about how they were robbed or how that the game doesnt really matter because they will have home field advantage this year, I get mad at how our team has become chicken littles but the prior is so much worse

                                They hate the Broncos in Seattle but at least they have a reason to as we were a rival who regularly beat them up. SF has no reason to hate Bronco fans and most Broncos only dislike how the SB against them went but ive met Bronco fans who cheer for SF because it pisses the Raiders off. Yet every SF fan I know for some reason goes out of their way to piss me off because I am a Bronco fan
                                I've lived in Norcal my whole life. My dad was from Denver and I've always rooted for the Broncos, and niner fans have always treated me like a second hand citizen. There entitled brats like little stuck up rich kids.
                                Theyve gotten worse than Raider fans, raider fans hate me but they admit our team is an elite squad.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X