Wow Chiefs fans are so confident> I cant wait to see PFM embarrass them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Even Smith can find somebody if we rush 3 and he has 10 seconds to throw. With the exception of the first possession the second half was really hard to watch.
    Rivers, the 2nd highest rated passer in the league this year, only threw for 200. That's despite having the ball for 38 minutes. Rivers was sacked 4 times today and suffered a forced fumble (though he recovered).

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
      I don't think they get by on a bit of luck. They just have played a lot of back up/first year QB's.

Where the Chiefs will frustrate the Broncos is if they can get by with rushing 4 and dropping 7. Broncos need the run game and the screen game to be working.
      If the chefs do drop 7, I would be willing to bet we see a bunch of three tight end sets and slam the ball at them.
      Last edited by Nuts4koi; 11-10-2013, 09:15 PM. Reason: Can't type around the dog.
      :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

I wasted good time on that site not one intellegent thing was said all I saw was them cussing us out and nothing to say why they will win.
        :go:

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
          I wasted good time on that site not one intellegent thing was said all I saw was them cussing us out and nothing to say why they will win.
          In short, the forum posters over there are inbred homophobes
          sigpic

Comment

Rivers, the 2nd highest rated passer in the league this year, only threw for 200. That's despite having the ball for 38 minutes. Rivers was sacked 4 times today and suffered a forced fumble (though he recovered).
            I was specifically referring to the completion to Gates on 3rd and long. I swear I could have timed that with a calendar.

If Rivers was as good as his passer rating we would have lost by three scores. It just seems like opposing albeit lesser QB's have hours in the pocket and PM is constantly running (barely) for his life. The end result of that is yet to be determined, if the O-line gives up another hit or two our golden goose is cooked. Just sayin'
            [sigpic

Comment

Live in MO, Can't wait to shut them up!!!
              sigpic
              What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

I was specifically referring to the completion to Gates on 3rd and long. I swear I could have timed that with a calendar.

If Rivers was as good as his passer rating we would have lost by three scores. It just seems like opposing albeit lesser QB's have hours in the pocket and PM is constantly running (barely) for his life. The end result of that is yet to be determined, if the O-line gives up another hit or two our golden goose is cooked. Just sayin'
                Rivers has consistently played that well this season, but with Miller and Woodyard going full force, it's becoming a lot more difficult for teams to pass against Denver. Giving up the one long pass to Gates isn't an omen of bad things. Rivers is a Pro Bowl caliber QB, and Gates is one of the best TE's to ever play the game. The line will sometimes hold up, and they will connect every once in a while.

Manning is under a lot of pressure because that's all opposing teams focus on now. They know he's hurt, so they are going to try to get to his feet. Had the Broncos held the ball for more than 22 minutes, there likely would have been more running plays to alleviate some of that. We saw the ground game was effective today, and a lot of the remaining opponents do give up the ground.

Comment

peyton won't do crap if the oline doesn't get its stuff together...

Comment

Originally posted by hockey878 View Post
                    peyton won't do crap if the oline doesn't get its stuff together...
                    I'm not sure how he won't do crap. He doesn't ever get shut out of games. It's also not all on the O-line. Sometimes opposing defenses just make the right calls. Denver will have to find ways to alleviate the pressure besides just straight up blocking, because Hali and Houston will eat that up. If Denver can spread them out and force them to cover screens and such, while sneaking some run plays inside, the pass rush will let up a lot.

Comment

I think these next four games will tell us a lot about this team as we play against better teams and better D lines.

Honestly, I have to say I'm concerned about Clark and the O-line holding up. Clark has done well, but all it takes is one blind side hit to force a fumble to lose the game or worse, having Manning out for a few games/season. The Ryan Clady injury is starting to show up here and there with the forced fumble for a safety and a TD today. Maybe it's just me singling out Clark because I'm seeing our season on the ground, holding his ankle. I'm just sitting on pins and needles, hoping that Manning doesn't get crushed on his blind side.
                      Last edited by JesseH; 11-10-2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Chiefsplanet has a unique sense of humor that not everyone can appreciate. It's not all that bad. At the end of the day, we're all fans just trying to have some fun watching a sport we all love...I think some people need to be reminded that this is just a game and we're all simple spectators rooting for our teams. Why so srs?

Rivers has consistently played that well this season, but with Miller and Woodyard going full force, it's becoming a lot more difficult for teams to pass against Denver. Giving up the one long pass to Gates isn't an omen of bad things. Rivers is a Pro Bowl caliber QB, and Gates is one of the best TE's to ever play the game. The line will sometimes hold up, and they will connect every once in a while.

Manning is under a lot of pressure because that's all opposing teams focus on now. They know he's hurt, so they are going to try to get to his feet. Had the Broncos held the ball for more than 22 minutes, there likely would have been more running plays to alleviate some of that. We saw the ground game was effective today, and a lot of the remaining opponents do give up the ground.
                        Rivers has played decent this year compared to how awful he played last year. But I wouldn't put him in the same league as Tony Romo; who sliced you guys up real good a few weeks back. He's a good QB, but way too inconsistent with his play. He's a hot streak kinda guy. He also played bad last week against the Redskins. Needless to say, he doesn't "scare" me.

As for Manning, I hope he's good to go. I don't want the excuse for why the Chiefs won this game to be because "Manning was out." I want this team to have its mettle tested against another quality team. I think Denver presents a good test for the Chiefs. I also think that the Chiefs present a good test for the Broncos. Either way, it should be a good game to watch for football fans on Sunday night.

You guys haven't played a defense as good as the Chiefs. You most certainly will not score 30pts on this defense, let alone 40. I think you score less than you did against the Chargers (srs). I do see Denver winning this game. But, thats because its at Denver. To be honest though, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs won it either. If we do lose to you guys, we will get you back at Arrowhead.

Comment

I think there's a certain point when a team feels the penalty is the better option than letting the play go on "clean" -- for example, if a WR is going to beat a DB for a touchdown, it's better to just get a pass interference penalty and "live to fight another day".

At a certain point, I'd rather see Clark get a holding penalty than for Manning to absorb a big hit. If it kills a drive, so be it -- better than another injury to Manning's legs for the Broncos' Super Bowl chances.

Comment

Word...10 char
                            Man are the Chargers the worst chokers in the NFL or what?

Comment

I'm not sure how he won't do crap. He doesn't ever get shut out of games. It's also not all on the O-line.
                              Well with the protection we've seen lately there's a good chance he gets injured before he can do anything.

Comment

If we put up points like we did yesterday in the first haft the game is over. Alex Smith isn't bring them back.

Comment

Working...
                                X