X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoSynapses
    replied
    Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
    Yup the colts. Too bad thats all the Cheif played too, and most of the AFC as well.
    Not sure if you meant it or not, but I read your message to say that the Chiefs have played IND, when in fact, they have not yet played them. But they will.

Leave a comment:

• Hanzo the Razor
    replied
    I was kidding with that comment, by the way. I think the Chiefs are good, but not great.

Leave a comment:

• Chronoless
    replied
    Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
    And after last night, it's clear Denver has STILL only played one good team...
    Yup the colts. Too bad thats all the Cheif played too, and most of the AFC as well.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    Chiefs defense didn't play too bad, although the pass rush was ineffective they hung in there pretty well. Coming out of the second half, they didn't give up any points on the first 3 possessions for Denver, but their offense gave them no aide.

They weren't able to milk the clock, and kept going 3 and out. When you play a great offense, you have to limit their possessions otherwise they will eventually score. To beat Denver in 2 weeks, KC will likely need to milk some clock. I believe DEN had 12 possessions(excluding their last one), allowing them that many chances likely won't get it done. If your run game doesn't work, use short passes for your backs and receivers to run with it..and actually complete the passes.

Not an awful day for the Chiefs since it was in Denver, but they definitely have to learn from this game. Their pass rush should be better at Arrowhead, I guess we'll have to see how that all goes. In any case though, better that a lot of Denver fans expected KC to do.
    I had expected KC to hold us under 30, being the "best defense" in the league. However, I think that says a lot about how great Denver truly is when we can put up 3 touchdowns against the best D in the NFL.

I thought KC played a good game.... and Denver made it clear we are the better team of the Division. Kinda wondering how things are gonna go when we play in Kansas in two weeks. Think we'll still win it, but think it's gonna be a much a harder win.

Leave a comment:

• Hanzo the Razor
    replied
    Originally posted by kcvet View Post
    no we'll ADD Romero. 30 pts a game going against us.

we'll let you know about Rivers next week. and you got your hands full a Brady

and you've only palyed 1 good team. how'd that come out???
    And after last night, it's clear Denver has STILL only played one good team...

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    1. 2 taps on Manning with or without a blitz and when they did blitz we killed them with screen passes and run plays

2. 121 yards is not shutting down DT in fact only Baltimore allowed more yards, Berry had 0 INT's or Passes Defended and personally allowed the 2nd most receptions total that he had all season.

3. Wes Welker has the 2nd most receptions hes had all season and he even left early (if he stayed it would have been the most)

4. 27 points, but you did hold us to 3 in the 4th since at that point we were just trying to take time off the clock.

5. Your team turned it over and lost after a bye week despite being the healthier team
    The run game for the most part didn't do much, and Denver was throwing passes until their very last possession.

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Chiefs defense didn't play too bad, although the pass rush was ineffective they hung in there pretty well. Coming out of the second half, they didn't give up any points on the first 3 possessions for Denver, but their offense gave them no aide.

They weren't able to milk the clock, and kept going 3 and out. When you play a great offense, you have to limit their possessions otherwise they will eventually score. To beat Denver in 2 weeks, KC will likely need to milk some clock. I believe DEN had 12 possessions(excluding their last one), allowing them that many chances likely won't get it done. If your run game doesn't work, use short passes for your backs and receivers to run with it..and actually complete the passes.

Not an awful day for the Chiefs since it was in Denver, but they definitely have to learn from this game. Their pass rush should be better at Arrowhead, I guess we'll have to see how that all goes. In any case though, better that a lot of Denver fans expected KC to do.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I thought berry was going to shut down Julius Thomas?
    Well he almost took him out of the game (though it was after he had already done damage to their team) by being part of the trap that intentionally took out his knees.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Chief View Post
    Hello Broncos fans! I think there are some misconceptions here. Chiefs fans have been waiting for a season like this for years and there is reason to be confident. Personally, I find this thread ironic. Denver fans seem to be over confident to me. "PFM?" Come on guys... That pretty much says it all. If you didn't have Peyton you would go 8-8 at best. Yeah, your offense is breaking records but the season is only half way over. Your offense is even close to what the Colts had in Manning's hay day and he only won one Super Bowl. Your offensive line is weak and your offense is grasping for straws at times in my opinion. You screen teams to death and lately, I don't see much else going on. You are doing this to make up for your line's incompetence. You've been exposed by Indianapolis and the Chiefs defense is basically the same as the Colts after drinking a steroid + crack cocktail. Below I will list a few reasons why the Chiefs can win this game and I'll give you my prediction at the end.

1. The Chiefs can bring pressure without blitzing. There is a great article in the KC Star today about the formula to beat Manning and that's it in a nutshell. The Colts played bump and run and got pressure rushing four or five all day without really blitzing. If you watch that game, most of the day Mathis created pressure and with the bump and run, the timing routes were disrupted. The Chiefs will do the same thing. We play bump and run and press all day. Our corners are better than the Colts and we match up better. We have two elite pass rushers coming off the edges in Hali and Houston. We don't have to rotate a player like the Colts did with Mathis. We can simply line up and rush four and Manning will never know which side it's going to come from. Most importantly, we have the best Nose Tackle in the league in Dontari Poe. The guy is playing like a young Vince Wilfork and that is not an exaggeration. You will have to put at least two guys on him every play and he will still push the pocket. You would have to do this even if you had your number one center starting. He will allow the OLB to get one on one with the tackles and bring pressure. You can leave your TE in to block but, either way it's a win-win for the Chiefs.

2. Eric Berry is the best strong safety in the league. Thomas hasn't see a guy like him yet this year and he's capable of shutting him down.

3. Bob Sutton knows Wes Welker. Sutton came from the Jets and knows how to play Welker. We signed four cornerbacks that are over 6'2" this year. We did this so we could match up with Denver outside and allow Flowers to play in the slot. Flowers will line up against Welker all day and he's been playing nickel back in the nickel defense all season. Flowers is strong and will be bumping Welker at the line. This will be fun to watch.

4. The Chiefs defense hasn't given up more than 17 points in a game this year. Yeah, we haven't faced many good teams but, still. This defense doesn't get rattled and points are tough to come by. They always make a play in the 4th quarter. We are a 4th quarter team. If we can weather the storm early and stay within one score, Kansas City can win this game. If Denver blows the doors off early, KC will lose. This is a huge key to the game for KC.

5. Andy Reid is 13-1 coming off the bye and the one loss came last year with that crappy Eagles team. It's true that our offense struggles at times but, they don't turn it over. You can bet your ass that Andy will have them prepared for this game. I don't care what the offense has done this year. We almost always win sloppy. I just trust Andy will have a plan and he's proven in the past that he will.

Ultimately, I think Denver will win this game but, it will be really close. I'm thinking...

Denver: 20

KC: 17

I think KC bounces back and beats you at Arrowhead in a couple of weeks. I think this game will be one for the ages. If Denver is smart, they will line up and run the ball with Moreno. KC has struggled with the run lately and this would probably really throw us off. It would also preserve Manning.

Just my ten cents.... Best of Luck on Sunday!
    1. 2 taps on Manning with or without a blitz and when they did blitz we killed them with screen passes and run plays

2. 121 yards is not shutting down DT in fact only Baltimore allowed more yards, Berry had 0 INT's or Passes Defended and personally allowed the 2nd most receptions total that he had all season.

3. Wes Welker has the 2nd most receptions hes had all season and he even left early (if he stayed it would have been the most)

4. 27 points, but you did hold us to 3 in the 4th since at that point we were just trying to take time off the clock.

5. Your team turned it over and lost after a bye week despite being the healthier team

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    I thought berry was going to shut down Julius Thomas?

Leave a comment:

• Coltsince4
    replied
    Don't leave....

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by Coltsince4 View Post
    Don't spill the juice!!!! Someone is going to need it after this one... Do are DIE...................Put up are shut up.........
    GIFSoup

Leave a comment:

• Coltsince4
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    Before and After ….

Don't spill the juice!!!! Someone is going to need it after this one... Do are DIE...................Put up are shut up.........

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Before and After ….

Leave a comment:

• 58_VONDOOM_92
    replied
    Originally posted by kcvet View Post
    im finished with you
    Do you need a tissue?

Leave a comment:

Working...