Chiefs fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BayAreaFBFan View Post
    Well if your team was able to put up only 28 pts against a mediocre at best San Diego defense and the Chiefs average in the low to mid 20's in scoring then how is it not possible for KC to come away with a win when you add in a superb defense and your team having pass protection issues with a QB suffering ankle issues?
    I like how you make it sound like 28 points on the road against a rival is bad. The most points the chiefs have scored is 31 points while we are avg 41!

If this game was in Arrowhead then I would be more worried but being at Mile High PM and our high octane O will wear down that D. We'll see though anything can happen
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
      I like how you make it sound like 28 points on the road against a rival is bad. The most points the chiefs have scored is 31 points while we are avg 41!

If this game was in Arrowhead then I would be more worried but being at Mile High PM and our high octane O will wear down that D. We'll see though anything can happen
      Exactly, and the Chargers had the ball for 38 minutes, played a perfect gameplan except scoring in the redzone.

And since when is scoring 28 points, bad?

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        Yeah I guess your o-line played well considering they gave up only 2 sacks instead of 6 like the week before against Cleveland. Von Miller is going to eat that rookie Fisher alive!!!
        Buffalo held your offense to 9 pts and they are the 26th ranked defense in the league.
        Denver is ranked 20th and they have the best offense in the NFL averaging 41 a game.
        And we come again to the fact that Buffalo plays Kansas City well, and matches up well with them. That happens in the NFL sometimes.

The Browns held the Colts offense with Peyton to 3 points in 2008, and they're defense was ranked 26th. They lit up the Ravens 2nd ranked defense and also put up 24 on the Steelers first ranked defense. That's the easiest example.

The Chiefs put up 23 on the Browns, who have the 9th ranked scoring defense. Denver is 25th so I guess that means the Chiefs will light you guys up. Many times, the facts can mean whatever you want them to

This and insisting Campbell is a downgrade from Weeden, you guys have some seriously foggy homer glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
          And we come again to the fact that Buffalo plays Kansas City well, and matches up well with them. That happens in the NFL sometimes.

The Browns held the Colts offense with Peyton to 3 points in 2008, and they're defense was ranked 26th. They lit up the Ravens 2nd ranked defense and also put up 24 on the Steelers first ranked defense. That's the easiest example.

The Chiefs put up 23 on the Browns, who have the 9th ranked scoring defense. Denver is 25th so I guess that means the Chiefs will light you guys up. Many times, the facts can mean whatever you want them to

This and insisting Campbell is a downgrade from Weeden, you guys have some seriously foggy homer glasses.
          1. 23 pts is lighting someone up ? (they scored 2 tds and kicked 3 field goals)
          Denver has scored 49 against Baltimore the leagues 8th ranked team in pts allowed.
          2. Campbell, Weeden it doesn't matter those guys are both not top 20 QB's in the NFl period. Campbell did have to start his first game of the season in Arrowhead which I think is just as bad as playing in Seattle.

We bring up the back up Qb's to compare them to Peyton, but you guys all think Peyton is the same as:
          Keenum (in his first start at Arrowhead)
          Campbell
          Gabbert
          Pryor
          Vick (I bet Reid didn't know how to defend him well)
          Tuel ( first career start)
          Peyton can read defenses better than any QB in the league, he can see blitzes and make teams pay, the list of future hall of famers above cannot.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
            1. 23 pts is lighting someone up ? (they scored 2 tds and kicked 3 field goals)
            Denver has scored 49 against Baltimore the leagues 8th ranked team in pts allowed.
            2. Campbell, Weeden it doesn't matter those guys are both not top 20 QB's in the NFl period. Campbell did have to start his first game of the season in Arrowhead which I think is just as bad as playing in Seattle.

We bring up the back up Qb's to compare them to Peyton, but you guys all think Peyton is the same as:
            Keenum (in his first start at Arrowhead)
            Campbell
            Gabbert
            Pryor
            Vick (I bet Reid didn't know how to defend him well)
            Tuel ( first career start)
            Peyton can read defenses better than any QB in the league, he can see blitzes and make teams pay, the list of future hall of famers above cannot.
            You missed the point. 23 isn't lighting someone up, but it's stupid to act as though DEN will shut them down just because Buffalo did. Cleveland has a better defense than both, and did not shut down Kansas City. You putting up 49 against BAL proves this point, you've put up less against much worse defenses.

The point was not that Campbell is a great QB, but that it was dumb to keep saying 'they've played back up QBs' as if it makes it especially bad. The back ups they've faced were better than the starters they replaced, or not much worse.

The Chiefs held the Cowboys offense to 16, so obviously they can play good offenses well. Thus, it's dumb to act as though playing back up QBs is a sign they'll get lit up by Denver. Denver is a better offense than Dallas, but the point is the Cowboys are better than all the offenses with the QBs you listed, and yet they still were able to beat them and play them well. Some teams always win close, I can bring up several examples. They don't blow out bad teams, but they can still beat good ones.

The best team KC and DEN have beaten is the same team, Dallas. The idea that you have beaten such superior competition is simply ridiculous. You can talk all you want about the QBs to try and create that illusion, but what makes a team good is the record, aka the team as a whole.

Comment

KC fans....

You played a good game...but....

We beat you twice.........away with you!

Comment

Originally posted by sstoner View Post
                You played a good game...but....

We beat you twice.........away with you!
                KC needs some competent WRs that can catch the ball. Too many big plays left on the field.

Comment

A lot of drops from their WR's.

Comment

How good does it feel to beat them in their own building in December, when everyone says we can't?

GOOD JOB BOYS!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RF14 View Post
                      A lot of drops from their WR's.
                      Not to mention their secondary gives up too many big plays downfield. The free saftey Lewis and the rookie corner Cooper are the weak links. I'll give Alex Smith some credit, he is getting the ball downfield and playing better football. Your not going anywhere when your best receiver would be a #2 (and even that's a stretch) on any other team. They picked up a couple Niner receivers off the trash heap and who would have thought that Jenkins would make a big play on the last drive while Avery finally catches a pass that should have been ruled a fumble. Very frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by BayAreaFBFan View Post
                        KC needs some competent WRs that can catch the ball. Too many big plays left on the field.
                        Yeah if they make the move in the off season to get some pass catchers...they don't even need to be world beaters just good hands then they are one tough team! Alex Smith is playing really well
                        Originally posted by baphamet
                        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                          How good does it feel to beat them in their own building in December, when everyone says we can't?

GOOD JOB BOYS!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Murica
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BayAreaFBFan View Post
                            They were catching practically everything in the first half while ours (especially DT) were dropping them. Kind of switched around in the second half.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X