More than one team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than one team

All fans with more than one team its really great that you like football so much, But, dont come into talkin smack section its really not fair to talk smack when you guys just bounce around to which everone of your teams is doing well and repping them. Example: Niner fans coming in here getting offended that we attack there pathetic niner squad and trying to act like there die hard KC fans! Where were you fools last year?
    I was raised you have one country, one god, one wife, and one football team!
    sigpic

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/338...y-crying-o.gif
    PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

Comment

i have two football teams that i love but one is college and one is pro, does that count?

having two NFL teams is kind of silly if you ask me. its kind of bandwagonish IMO. if one of their teams isn't doing so hot or misses the playoffs so what? they have another team!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        i have two football teams that i love but one is college and one is pro, does that count?

having two NFL teams is kind of silly if you ask me. its kind of bandwagonish IMO. if one of their teams isn't doing so hot or misses the playoffs so what? they have another team!
        No kinda about it. It is extremely bandwagon. I have one Pro Team and one college team. same in Basketball baseball and even hockey .

If Baph and i agree something is wrong...then it is probably very very wrong.
        Originally posted by baphamet
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

You never root for another team, just because you like what they've done, who their players are and how the organization is run?

This isn't a gang fraternity. Drop the gang mentality. The game is bigger than any one team.

I'll be 100% honest. I find the attitude being espoused by many here to be purely childish.
          sigpic
          Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Originally posted by ruksak View Post
            You never root for another team, just because you like what they've done, who their players are and how the organization is run?

This isn't a gang fraternity. Drop the gang mentality. The game is bigger than any one team.

I'll be 100% honest. I find the attitude being espoused by many here to be purely childish.
            i pull for teams to win all the time, does that make me a fan of that team? nope.

generally speaking, i think it's childish to have all these teams that are supposedly your teams.

do you love all those teams equally? do you have ties to them all? how does one become a fan of multiple teams? just because you like some players or like how they are playing? if so, that is what i am talking about...........bandwagoning.

but hey, if bandwagoning is your thing by all means jump around!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ruksak View Post
              I'll be 100% honest. You sound like you're whining because you're butthurt that we're a bit dubious of your allegiance to more than one team.

Reacting like you are, to something as inane as what someone on the internet thinks of you is "childish"

But you go on ahead and ride that high-horsie cowboy!!!!!!!!

"Neener neener you're childish because you don't think the way I do so I'm going to get a snarky dig in" ha ha, Jesus dude.
              sigpic

Comment

i pull for teams to win all the time, does that make me a fan of that team? nope.

generally speaking, i think it's childish to have all these teams that are supposedly your teams.

do you love all those teams equally? do you have ties to them all? how does one become a fan of multiple teams? just because you like some players or like how they are playing? if so, that is what i am talking about...........bandwagoning.

but hey, if bandwagoning is your thing by all means jump around!
                It comes down to what you mean by "fan"?

To be fanatical, well there's only one team that I can feel that way toward...the Colts.

As a young man, I got behind a total of three teams. The Sanders era Lions, the Elway, McCaffery, Smith Broncos adn the Colts. It didn't make me sick and dejected when my 2 adopted teams would either fail to make the playoffs, or get knocked out of the playoffs.

But I still got behind them, watched their games and if they had an internet back then, I would've been on their boards.

Whatever being a "fan" means to you, well that's what it means to you. Be reasonable and understand that, to others, the word takes on a different meaning.

Oh....and to be a "Bandwagoner"....you have to jump on a team as soon as they start winning. Many of my adopted teams weren't winning much. I think it's arrogant to dictate to others what the rules are for this "fan" thing.
                sigpic
                Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                  "Neener neener you're childish because you don't think the way I do so I'm going to get a snarky dig in" ha ha, Jesus dude.
                  What an ironic statement. The whole tone of this thread is telling others what they should think. I'm actually the one trying not to label people by what being a "fan" means to me, personally.
                  sigpic
                  Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

For me its Denver Broncos till I die. Sure I enjoy watching other games and love the NFL but no game compares to the Broncos game each week
                    sigpic

Comment

You gotta have just one team. It's kinda like the code or something.
                      sigpic

Comment

Agree with this, at least in the NFL anyway.

Having two teams, what if they played each other in the playoffs/SB then what?
                        Last edited by ERoyal248; 11-14-2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

If we are speaking in the NFL, there are 32 teams, and I think each of us could rank them 1-32 on how you hope they finish.

I'm sure there are some Broncos fans that hate the Chargers more than any other team, and some that hate the Raiders or Cheifs more than any other team. That's fair... That's what rivalries are made of.

I'm not going to go through and rank all 32 teams, but I'll go with my top 3 and least favorite 3.
                          This list should not suggest that I have multiple favorite teams, it's just that I put a ranking them, based on my own personal enjoyment of them winning or losing.
                          1 Denver Broncos
                          2 New York Giants(if Peyton can't win it I'd like to see his brother win it)
                          3 Carolina(that is my local team).
                          30(I'll have to give this some thought)
                          31 New England Patriots
                          32 Indianapolis Colts(Divorices suck)

So to me, the worst AFCCG would be NE vs. Indy, and even though I've butted heads with Patriot trolls for years(and still do), I can respect their team(hate that would have any joy) more than I can the Colts. Kraft is exponentially better and more respected than Irsay. Belichick is the best coach in the NFL, half the Indy fan base wants to run Pagano out of town. Brady is an all time great, and Luck is in his 2nd year.

When and if my favorite team is eliminated from the playoffs, as a fan of the sport, I'll look at each playoff pairing and decided who I'm pulling for.

Last year in the Super Bowl for example, I was pulling for the Ravens, not because they beat the Broncos, or any AFC ties, but because I like John Harbaugh more than his brother. Far more than his brother. I like Ray Lewis. I respect his game. I don't care for Joe 20million dollar prayer Flacco that much, but you can find guys on most teams that you don't care for.

So as the season plays out, I hope I'll be rooting for the Broncos all the way to the Super Bowl, but if they were to lose, I would look at the remaining teams and go through each game a lot like I did the NE/Indy example above.

So some of you life long Broncos fans. You have a Chargers/Raiders or a Chargers/Chiefs AFCCG, who do you pull for? Or is it pulling against the other more which would make you pull for one by default?
                          Last edited by allthings18; 11-14-2013, 10:45 PM.

Comment

I root for the Raiders, Chargers, Rams and Jaguars to move to Los Angeles so I can see the Broncos twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
                              So some of you life long Broncos fans. You have a Chargers/Raiders or a Chargers/Chiefs AFCCG, who do you pull for? Or is it pulling against the other more which would make you pull for one by default?
                              In that scenario, Chargers and Chiefs.

Dont really hate the Chiefs that much if at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X