C-Kap is the most overrated QB in football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Skins dont have a 1st thanks to the RG3 trade, Rams have that pick, they do have cap space to sign someone if they want too though.

Regards to Kap, i'll wait to see how he does when Crabtree returns.
    I don't know their cap situation, I know their owner has money. Fixing up that line needs to be priority #1 for that front office.

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Im not saying they're bad, but I don't think they're healthy right now. The fact is their pass protection isn't very good right now.

They're receiving corp is depleted too. They can't seem to get any separation.
    Exactly, and this is his only excuse. No pass protection and lack of weapons.

RGIII excuse is he is recovering from a ACL injury, he had no off season to prep for the season, the first 6-8 games was him knocking off rust and he too just so happens to not have a line that can protect him. Neither are bums.

When it comes to overrated, the only person who truly overrates Kap is Jaws. Jaws was on live TV repeatedly saying Kap is one of the best talents to enter the NFL and could go down as one of the best QB ever. Jaws needs to close his Jaws.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      Im not saying they're bad, but I don't think they're healthy right now. The fact is their pass protection isn't very good right now.

They're receiving corp is depleted too. They can't seem to get any separation.
      The pass protection is fine he holds the ball way to long.The WR core is horrible and part of the reason he holds it so long but he has RBs as release guys he needs to check it down and quit looking for the big play.
      Originally posted by baphamet
      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

How can anyone judge this guy when he just played his 16th game yesterday...that's an equivalent of a whole season...

I don't understand why people are so quick to call someone a bust,after one year of starting...It makes no sense at all..

And let's not forget Manningham and Crabtree been out all year so it has everything to do with his progression....

Also,the 49ers have an offensive coordinator that don't know what he's doing.....One minute they running the ball well and he gets away with it ,for whatever reason...
        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
          How can anyone judge this guy when he just played his 16th game yesterday...that's an equivalent of a whole season...

I don't understand why people are so quick to call someone a bust,after one year of starting...It makes no sense at all..

And let's not forget Manningham and Crabtree been out all year so it has everything to do with his progression....

Also,the 49ers have an offensive coordinator that don't know what he's doing.....One minute they running the ball well and he gets away with it ,for whatever reason...
          He wasn't drafted high enough to be considered a bust. And no on is saying he is, just a bit overrated. Would you go as far as to say what Jaws said?
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The league has caught up to Kap. He is holding on the ball too long and is not making his progression reads quick enough. The lack of good WR's is also a factor. BTW, I thought I would share a funny post on the Niners forum. Somebody rigged the Brees postgame video with a stretched neck..LOL!! Page 1 on the thread about six posts in. http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/ni...wasnt-penalty/

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NC0S4lLIFE3 View Post
              Kinda? I feel like they would have been better off with Smith. I'm not big on running QBs in general. None of them seem to pan out. I'm happy with Smith and think he was a HUGE upgrade from what we have had in a while. I'm happy he's our QB but would not be upset if we drafted another one.
              Vick did pretty well in Atlanta, Cam is doing well now. The problem is, that a lot of running QBs only take off if they had a big lane, which makes them easier to shut down. Cam and Vick would, at least at times run through traffic.

Comment

Yep, called this last year.

Wilson is next.

Both are so extremely overrated it's hilarious.
                2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post

Wilson is next.

Wilson..in Seattle? the same Wilson thats been running the west coast offense since college and now runs it in the nfl? Just because they run a tiny tinnie bit of read option/pistol?: The reason it still works for them is that they actual run a PRO offense, same reason the pistol; works for Manning when he is not a threat to run at all.That Russel kids the real deal. I wish we had drafted him tbh
                  are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post

Wilson is next.

Wilson is the real deal.

I did say i thought Kap would regress but that was also because of the Crabtree injury.

Comment

The 49ers used levels in their pass scheme. Blow the top off, pull the safety down the field and have two WRs running almost identical in routes. One of the two would almost always pop free allowing Kaepernick to make a pretty easy throw. In the event one of the WRs didn't pop free underneath he'd take off running the opposite direction. NFL defenses (obviously) have caught up with this.

I originally heard this from Cecil Lammey so I went and looked for myself, and it's 100% true.

Kaepernick doesn't read defenses. He's got an arm and is very quick, but he hasn't learned how to play QB yet.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

lmao @ including Wilson?? guy hasn't shown any sign of falling off

Comment

I think both Kaepernick and RG3 are doomed to a Michael Vick-like existence in the NFL if they don't ever learn how to make reads and throw from the pocket. They will be inconsistent, occasionally putting forth a monster game but good, disciplined D's can shut them down easily.

You HAVE to be able to make quick, smart reads from the pocket and deliver an accurate ball. Of the young QBs, Luck, Wilson and Dalton display this the best. Cam Newton to my surprise is showing progression as well.
                          sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
                            I think both Kaepernick and RG3 are doomed to a Michael Vick-like existence in the NFL if they don't ever learn how to make reads and throw from the pocket. They will be inconsistent, occasionally putting forth a monster game but good, disciplined D's can shut them down easily.

You HAVE to be able to make quick, smart reads from the pocket and deliver an accurate ball. Of the young QBs, Luck, Wilson and Dalton display this the best. Cam Newton to my surprise is showing progression as well.
                            Difference is RGIII is actually a pocket QB, he just happens to know how to run. But you can't sit in the pocket if you're line can't protect you from a dandelion. That line is good enough for Morris to blow through but not good enough for RGIII to make reads, plant his feet, then throw the ball. Vick had/has a mediocre arm and was never gonna be or never said he wanted to be a pocket QB.

Dalton has proven over the last few games that he is very inconsistent and is holding that team from ever being a Super Bowl threat.

Out of the you QB's, Luck is what he is/was expected to be. Wilson is better than most would've thought. Cam is progressing and if he progresses to a point where he becomes a good leader and become mature, he can be a elite QB in this league.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Yeah I think RGIII will be fine he has 2 good qb coaches and I think his is more of a second year slump/knee hang over

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                                He wasn't drafted high enough to be considered a bust. And no on is saying he is, just a bit overrated. Would you go as far as to say what Jaws said?
                                How can someone be overrated when he doesn't have the receiver he's comfortable with and has an offensive coordinator that don't know what he's doing...That's like saying Jordy Nelson is a bad receiver,when he doesn't have a quarterback to throw him the ball outside of Aaron Rodgers...

I've seen a few 49ers games this year and that team isn't built to throw the ball 30 times a game and yet they have an offensive coordinator that's trying to throw the ball knowing full well they don't have the receivers to do it....I remember watching the Colts game and the 49ers was running the ball with ease,in the first quarter,but somehow the offensive coordinator got away from it and start throwing the ball,for whatever reason...

I agree,that Kap is playing bad at the moment,but to say he's overrated is ridiculous...Outside of Vernon Davis and Aquan Boldin,you can't name another receiver after them,because Kap's two main targets are out now....

I just don't understand how people can call a player that's only started 16 games in his career overrated...makes no sense too me at all...

As,for Jaws,this is the same guy that said that Tebow and Matt Flynn are quality quarterbacks in the league....One of them is out of the league,while the other been on 4 teams in 2 years....3 teams this season alone......Jaws has no credibility at all....
                                I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X