Things that are more welcome in life than Cris Collinsworth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruksak View Post
    I like Chris. Was a fan of his when he played in Cinnci and I think he's one of the better color men in the biz. I read a bit in the gameday thread and I got the impression that many Broncos fans were offended because CC wasn't kissing Denver's butt for 3 1/2 hours straight.

Dude is football smart and points out minutia that the average fan would miss. When you compare him to the NFLN crew, Aikmen and many others, CC comes out on top.

I think many of you just don't like his voice......and the pile-on ensues.
    Yeah, I know right? He's probably pacing a room someplace, worried sick about this very thread...

Come on man, sometimes it's fun to just poke fun. It was less about him stroking Denver and more about slobbing KC's knob. Dude said, "How good is the KC team playing right now" yadda yadda and they were down by three scores. Even Michaels was like "all except for scoring right?"

I think there's only so much talking you can do and they have to keep talking to fill space so there isn't dead air and sometimes they say stuff that's stupid.

We're just having a little fun man. Take deep breaths. Everything's going to be ok, I promise.
    sigpic

Comment

My first thought when I saw this thread last night was nails on a chalkboard…. I use to like Chris as a show host… I remember he use to pick the Broncos for a win a lot during the Griese years…. maybe that made me like him.

Can't stand him as an announcer though…. was annoying last night with all his talk about how great KC was…. one minute he's talking about how something is undeniable, then when it goes the other way he says you can't argue with that…. huh?

Gruden's awesome in booth, can't believe there's folks out there who don't like him in that position.
      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Collinsworth said KC had a successful drive although they were punting and down by double digit.
        Team Broncos!
        2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Dropping an anvil on your foot.

Having diarrhea and projectile vomiting at the same time.

Sitting in a red ant pile naked.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
            Yeah, I know right? He's probably pacing a room someplace, worried sick about this very thread...

Come on man, sometimes it's fun to just poke fun. It was less about him stroking Denver and more about slobbing KC's knob. Dude said, "How good is the KC team playing right now" yadda yadda and they were down by three scores. Even Michaels was like "all except for scoring right?"

I think there's only so much talking you can do and they have to keep talking to fill space so there isn't dead air and sometimes they say stuff that's stupid.

We're just having a little fun man. Take deep breaths. Everything's going to be ok, I promise.
            I'm not over here freakin' out about y'all picking on Chris.

Just pointing out how a narrative gets momentum and before you know it, people believe that he's really mentally retarded....or whatever awful things people here want to promote.

Chris can be quite sharp and I feel he does a solid job. People need to realize, these guys have to sit and talk about a game for over 3 1/2 hours straight, live. Of course they're going to say some regrettable, silly things. Anyone would. Even Pat Summerall would.

Most of the quotes I'm reading in this thread are either straight up lies, incorrectly quoted or taken severely out of context.

sigpic
            Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

"I'm not gonna deny it, I walk around with hundred dollar bills hanging out of my pocket...I like girls that aren't too bright because you can trick 'em a little bit...high school girls love me. Fourteen to eighteen, I'm a big star with them. As soon as they mature, after they turn 18 years old, they start to figure it out."
              - Cris Collinsworth
              http://www.theunticket.com/cris-coll...derson-rhyner/

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                Listening to John gruden on MNF.

( I use to hate listening to MNF with him, but man it beats listening to collinsworth.
                Gruden could be one of the best, but he's limited by the PC police.

I wish Gruden was not held back and wasn't inhibited. An unflitered Gruden would make for a great broadcast. If people have an issue with his salty language then they need to get over it..

I was watching a feed of a MNF game where and I can't remember who was playing, I want to say the Patriots and someone, and this feed didn't have commercials and you actually got to hear the banter between Jaws/Gruden & Tirico while viewing a wide angle view of the stadium.

There was a play where the "Tuck Rule" was being questioned so they went to a commercial. During the commercial break Jaws & Tirico were riding Gruden about the Oakland/NE tuck play(still a fumble), well he was going off on each of them and it would have been a solid line of "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep", if it would have been a real broadcast because he laying it on each of them. I wish I had access like that every week.

They came back from commercial and Tirico was like well it looks like the Tuck Rule has reared its ugly head, thoughts gentleman? Gruden didn't say a word, so Jaws had to respond to it.

Comment

Im in for a Bieber concert!!
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Charming....

Dude was a creep and acted like a pedaphile
                    Team Broncos!
                    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Originally posted by GoManning View Post
                      Charming....

Something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by GoManning View Post
                        Charming....

Anywho.....as a wise man once said "The thing I love about high school girls, I keep getting older and they stay the same age".
                        sigpic
                        Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post

"What? I just came over to tell her how wrong it was for her to invite me over. That's all."
                            sigpic
                            Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

LOL, alright alright alright

Comment

Originally posted by ruksak View Post
                                I like Chris. Was a fan of his when he played in Cinnci and I think he's one of the better color men in the biz. I read a bit in the gameday thread and I got the impression that many Broncos fans were offended because CC wasn't kissing Denver's butt for 3 1/2 hours straight.

Dude is football smart and points out minutia that the average fan would miss. When you compare him to the NFLN crew, Aikmen and many others, CC comes out on top.

I think many of you just don't like his voice......and the pile-on ensues.

No the problem I had with him this last game was for every time he said Broncos once he said something about KC 20 times. It was like he was on the KC payroll and just would not talk about anything other than what KC should do or how great KC did that, or KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC, KC,KC, KC, KC, KC, KC

There were two teams playing and all he talked about was KC. That is being biased to one team at the expense of the other team and their fans.
                                sigpic
                                Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                                2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                                2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                                X