They are who we thought they were.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are who we thought they were.

That offense is weak. Just plain weak. Defense is overrated. KC is just not built for a playoff run.

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

It isn't going to shut the fans up though. After smack talk all week about how they were going to win, and how their D is so great and Manning has no chance because his ankles are injured, now all of a sudden the narrative is "we are still 9-1" "we didnt really expect to win this game anyways" "we played our worst game" and so on. It's pretty pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
      It isn't going to shut the fans up though. After smack talk all week about how they were going to win, and how their D is so great and Manning has no chance because his ankles are injured, now all of a sudden the narrative is "we are still 9-1" "we didnt really expect to win this game anyways" "we played our worst game" and so on. It's pretty pathetic.
      They played their worst game because they faced a team that's more than a game over .500.
      sigpic

Comment

I think there defense is still good. They do get away with contact, but physical defenses will. This is just a case where they have no offense and because of that there defense suffers. Think Bears-Colts Superbowl. But yeah they won't go anywhere with that offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazindro View Post
          I think there defense is still good. They do get away with contact, but physical defenses will. This is just a case where they have no offense and because of that there defense suffers. Think Bears-Colts Superbowl. But yeah they won't go anywhere with that offense.
          Our D was getting away with more contact early on then others and we still do on the outside (when we arent playing zone like we were when Woodyard was out). They dont excuse physical play in the slot as much which is why Harris gets caught a lot.

I was expecting to limit the pass rush and attack them with the run like teams have done all year with play action but few teams have really tried to run against them and use shuttle passes or played play action against them as much as we did. We may not have had as many solid drives running the ball as much as we did but we wore them down and took away any advantage they had. Every running game they stopped except 1 that was for less then 3 yards had Poe involved on the tackle.

On D all we had to do was what we did to the chargers and take Charles and the other RB's out of the game and the rest followed.

I expected us to limit their offense but I did not expect their D to be pacified as much as it was.
          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

We'll find out if KC is for real or not in 2 weeks, when they play in Arrowhead. If they lose there, I would have to agree that they're not contenders.

A loss in Denver doesn't mean a team has no shot to succeed in the playoffs, or that a team is 'who you thought they were'. If you feel that way you must not think much of the Broncos. Perhaps the Chiefs really aren't that good at milking the clock, maybe they just didn't do it well tonight. We'll find out in 2 weeks.

It wasn't an awful night for KC, particularly on defense. They kept them under 30, which I bet few here expected, and without their offense moving the ball and limiting possessions 27 isn't so bad. It definitely could have been better though. Gotta milk the clock better, and generate a pass rush. The latter should be easier at home, but the former will likely be essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
              They played their worst game because they faced a team that's more than a game over .500.
              Kinda funny how the Chiefs are in a lot of ways like the Broncos were last year.
              Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                Kinda funny how the Chiefs are in a lot of ways like the Broncos were last year.
                LOL except they aren't :thumb:

9-1 getting it done
                Originally posted by baphamet
                are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Kinda funny how the Chargers are in the basement of the division.
                  sigpic

Comment

Kinda funny how the Chargers are in the basement of the division.
                    dude, that ain't funny to me at all.

Comment

dude, that ain't funny to me at all.

its very funny....but we all knew it was coming
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

That offense is weak. Just plain weak. Defense is overrated. KC is just not built for a playoff run.

Lets just wait until that game in KC has been played and see what we have then.

Comment

Originally posted by obi-groo View Post
                          Lets just wait until that game in KC has been played and see what we have then.
                          While I agree your offense isn't getting any better.The QB is,if not a problem, at the very least a non-factor! That in itself is a problem.
                          Originally posted by baphamet
                          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Hey housh, maybe, just maybe the Broncos aren't who everyone thought they were?
                            I mean even the Chiefs did way better against the Chargers than the Broncos did.

Comment

Hey housh, maybe, just maybe the Broncos aren't who everyone thought they were?
                              I mean even the Chiefs did way better against the Chargers than the Broncos did.
                              Yeah and we did better against the Chiefs, so whats your point its a rivalry game anything can happen like losing to the Raiders. Its nice seeing you enjoy winning your equivalent of a SB
                              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                              X