Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs vs Chargers

Here's what else we learned:

1. Don't put this all on Houston and Hali's injuries. The Chiefs' pass rush wasn't that effective for three consecutive games before this one. Chargers receiver Keenan Allen made plays all game even before the injuries, and Rivers missed open throws in the first half. Allen finished with 124 yards and is an Offensive Rookie of the Year candidate. The Chargers racked up 495 yards while Rivers passed for 392 yards and three TDs.

2. Quarterback Alex Smith deserves a ton of credit for putting the Chiefs in position to win. Kansas City repeatedly converted third-and-long plays throughout the game. Smith even put the Chiefs in the lead with a touchdown with 1:28 left in the game. San Diego's awful secondary and pass rush will be tough for the team to overcome down the line.

3. Chargers tight end Ladarius Green has been a revelation over the last month. He's probably the fastest guy on the team. He took a 60-yard catch to the house in the fourth quarter. If Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles did the same on his late 46-yard run, the Chiefs probably win.

4. San Diego running back Ryan Mathews left with a hamstring injury in the second half.

5. Chargers linebacker Manti Te'o got embarrassed often in this game. It's a trend.

6. There were eight lead changes in this game, the most for any contest since 2011. There were nine touchdowns in the last 34 minutes of the game, including two in the final two minutes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ainst-chargers
    Originally posted by baphamet
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Here's what else we learned:

1. Don't put this all on Houston and Hali's injuries. The Chiefs' pass rush wasn't that effective for three consecutive games before this one. Chargers receiver Keenan Allen made plays all game even before the injuries, and Rivers missed open throws in the first half. Allen finished with 124 yards and is an Offensive Rookie of the Year candidate. The Chargers racked up 495 yards while Rivers passed for 392 yards and three TDs.

2. Quarterback Alex Smith deserves a ton of credit for putting the Chiefs in position to win. Kansas City repeatedly converted third-and-long plays throughout the game. Smith even put the Chiefs in the lead with a touchdown with 1:28 left in the game. San Diego's awful secondary and pass rush will be tough for the team to overcome down the line.

3. Chargers tight end Ladarius Green has been a revelation over the last month. He's probably the fastest guy on the team. He took a 60-yard catch to the house in the fourth quarter. If Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles did the same on his late 46-yard run, the Chiefs probably win.

4. San Diego running back Ryan Mathews left with a hamstring injury in the second half.

5. Chargers linebacker Manti Te'o got embarrassed often in this game. It's a trend.

6. There were eight lead changes in this game, the most for any contest since 2011. There were nine touchdowns in the last 34 minutes of the game, including two in the final two minutes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ainst-chargers
    interesting.
    It could have gone either way actually. a play here and a play there.
    Rivers and the bolts got the last laugh.
    Question: Did the Broncos struggle more to score vs the Chiefs than the Chargers?
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
      interesting.
      It could have gone either way actually. a play here and a play there.
      Rivers and the bolts got the last laugh.
      Question: Did the Broncos struggle more to score vs the Chiefs than the Chargers?
      Yes

I have two for you.
      Did the Broncos not already dismiss the Chargers on the road?

Did the Broncos give up 38 points to the Chiefs?
      Originally posted by baphamet
      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

not sure why this is supposed to be smack?
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah it's not really smack. I completely disagree about Hali and Houston not making a difference... Look at their score before they went out of play and then after they went out. Despite not getting sacks they still force the faster throw. The Chiefs D is screwed without them.

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NC0S4lLIFE3 View Post
            Yeah it's not really smack. I completely disagree about Hali and Houston not making a difference... Look at their score before they went out of play and then after they went out. Despite not getting sacks they still force the faster throw. The Chiefs D is screwed without them.
            injuries happen, its football. how many key players do the chargers have on IR? quit crying and take your loss with dignity.

(very good game by the way)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NC0S4lLIFE3 View Post
              While Houston and Hali are huge parts to the Chiefs defense, look league-wide at teams and injuries.

NE is missing the teeth of their defense inside with Mayo/Wilfork/Kelly, and have had a lot of other injuries.

Atl has had alot.

SD is missing Alexander, Floyd, Ingram among others.

Denver has been beat up lately.

Not saying they dont make any difference, they obviously do but teams league-wide have been getting gashed with injuries.

Comment

I know teams get injuries and now we have ours. I'm not crying lol. I'm just saying that we won't win with them out. They are by far the most important players on our defense and without them I'm not sure if we will win more than 1 or 2 more games. It really all depends on what the MRIs say though. If you watched the game you would see that in the first 29 min they scored 3 which is while Hali and Houston were in. After they went out they scored 38 in the remainder of the game.

Comment

Pass rush is not all about the sacks. Rivers definately had more time to pass after they left the game. I don't expect either to be available for next weeks game vs. Denver, which is bad for us chiefs fans.

We got first hand look of the infamous clock management skills of Andy Reid.

"Oh hey look. Our guy with a tremendous effort to stay in bounds so that the clock will keep moving. I should call a time out to congratulate him on his effort!"

Supposedly Reid explained it as he wanted to get eveyone calmed down and aware of the situation(not read it myself), which is fine, but wait for the damn play clock to wind down first. You were 1st and goal with 90 seconds remaining. Awful awful awful time out there.

/chiefrant

Comment

Working...
                  X