If we won yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we won yesterday

The haters would say "Oh well big deal ... Wait until the postseason! Peyton will fold." We can't win. If we win, it's because were only a good regular season team. If we lose ... Well, we just stink. Mainly Peyton.

Gotta love it.

Originally posted by PManningTKO View Post
    The haters would say "Oh well big deal ... Wait until the postseason! Peyton will fold." We can't win. If we win, it's because were only a good regular season team. If we lose ... Well, we just stink. Mainly Peyton.

Gotta love it.
    Best regular season quarterback of all time, isn't that what they say?

Comment

How true this is! Football is a gut-wrenching sport indeed. This loss hurts quite a bit. All we can do is press on, beat the Chiefs and pull it all together come playoff time.

Comment

If we won, I would say the same thing I have said all season. And it would have nothing to do with Manning. I would say that we are a very sloppy, under disciplined team. And we get in our own way more than the opposing team. With stupid penalties and costly turnovers in critical situations.
        #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
          If Peyton was out there throwing bombs that had no chance .. Like Brady did a few times late in the game .. Then everyone on here would be bagging Manning for being selfish by not running it.

Seriously it's a lose lose for Peyton on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by 18to88 View Post
            If Peyton was out there throwing bombs that had no chance .. Like Brady did a few times late in the game .. Then everyone on here would be bagging Manning for being selfish by not running it.

Well Peyton WASN'T throwing bombs. He was throwing wobbly ducks that were off.

He didn't look comfy at all last night...and like some 5 year old defeated pouting kid on the sidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by 18to88 View Post

Agreed. You'd think everyone on the team were HOFers and it's all Manning bringing this team down.

True or false -- Peyton Manning gives this team the best chances at hoisting a Lombardi since John Elway retired?

If you agree, stop throwing him under the bus -- without him, we'd probably sit here watching Kansas City running away with the division.

Comment

Originally posted by FooserX View Post
                Well Peyton WASN'T throwing bombs. He was throwing wobbly ducks that were off.

He didn't look comfy at all last night...and like some 5 year old defeated pouting kid on the sidelines.
                3 quarters of throwing against freezing wind 20 mph. Has anyone here thrown a football on a cold windy night at the park for several hours? Weather does matter, and that forecast (in part) is why they designed a running gameplan. Manning being fairly banged up with a taped ankle and them wanting take the heat off of him was the other half of that decision. And the receivers dropped passes.
                Last edited by L.M.; 11-25-2013, 11:33 AM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Besides New Orleans, Green Bay, and New England oh and Indy (Obviously) there is not a team out there that wouldn't trade QB's.

Comment

"They" didn't watch Superbowl XLI!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Hmm... people keep talking about him not being able to throw during the game, or being 'off.'

Did you not see some of the incredible tight windows he was fitting things into? The TD pass to Tamme was INSANE! The sideline throw to DT was equally crazy. Fit it into a super tight window, inches away from the defenders outstretched arms.

We had several key drops and key fumbles. Then the disaster at the end. Personally, I think we tried to "manage" the game too much with the 24 pt lead. We should have kept pouring on the points. I don't know though. I'm no coach.

All I know is that Manning fit some passes into some spaces that made my jaw drop.

Comment

For whatever reason, I'm less concerned about losing to the patsies in post season since we lost to them last night. I think it's better to have a loss at this time…. and if we were to have won last night and then meet again in the post season, then peoples would be able to carry on about Peyton being a reg season QB…. I think this years post season will be different though. We just have to accept a few losses along the way.

Am I the only person who got scared at the half… remembering last season w/ the chargers when we were down 24 thinking, "the tables might be about to turn on us." <<< that sucked. However, still better to lose now than in the post.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

As long as we get these kinks out now we hopefully are good to go during the postseason. Look at the Giants and Ravens the past two years. They were below average in the regular season.... Especially Eli and Flacco. Postseason they stepped up as well as there team. The biggest thing was all those errors they made in the regular season were adjusted and didn't happen in the postseason.

Comment

This thread has been moved to the Smack forum. In the OP, the word "hater" is used. In any other forum, that is IPable.
                            Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Fred Smoot made a great point today. He said that while people love to compare Manning to Brady head to head, what gets lost is that they aren't actually playing against each other at all. Belichick is one of the best defensive coaches the league has ever seen, something the Brady has always had in his corner.

Comment

Working...
                              X