Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFC the Better Conference ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NFC the Better Conference ?

    Listening to sports talk and watching ESPN this morning I have heard several people claim the NFC is clearly the better Conference this year. I don't understand how they are clearly better?
    Examples:
    1.Seattle is suppose to be the best team and they lost to the Colts and needed a bonehead throw from Matt Schaub to beat the Texans.

    2. The Saints lost a heart breaker to the Pariots and were crushed by the Jets.

    3. Carolina who may be the best team in there division (two upcoming games against the Saints) lost to the Bills.

    4. Lions lost to the Brengals

    5.San Francisco lost to the Colts.

    The only big win by the NFC over the AFC is the Panthers win over New England and as much as I hate the Pats, they deserved one more shot at a td after Kuechly tried to slow dance with Gronk in the endzone.

    6. Eagles and Cowboys both are 1-3 against the AFC and both wins were against Oakland.

    I definitely think the NFC has 4 solid teams in Seattle, New Orleans, San Francisco, and Carolina. Denver, New Engaland, K.C., Colts, and the Bengals are just as good and head to head have the edge.
    QB's is the difference to me:
    AFC NFC
    Peyton Manning / Russell Wilson
    Tom Brady /Drew Brees - Brady beat him head to head
    Alex Smith / Colin Kapernick - Alex has outplayed Kap this year!
    Andrew Luck / Cam Newton
    Andy Dalton / Matt Stafford

    Where are all the She hawk fans?
    Last edited by 58Miller; 12-02-2013, 01:27 PM.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Seattle is for real and Carolina is also very good. What they have in common: exceptional defenses.

    I think Seattle will be (and should be) favored against any AFC team in the SB, provided they make it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
      Seattle is for real and Carolina is also very good. What they have in common: exceptional defenses.

      I think Seattle will be (and should be) favored against any AFC team in the SB, provided they make it.
      why did they struggle against the Texans and Titans? And why did they lose to Indy if they are so dominant?
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        why did they struggle against the Texans and Titans? And why did they lose to Indy if they are so dominant?
        Denver lost to Indy too. Guess that means they aren't very good?

        Seattle has had kind of a weak schedule (though they did beat the 49ers) but they have the best secondary in the league. They can matchup well against any AFC team. Tonight will be one of their biggest tests. We'll see how they do.

        Carolina will be tough come playoff time as well.

        Saints have a top 5 O and top 5 D.

        NFC is very good this year, and I still think Seattle is the cream of the crop. Every team has a couple of poor outings during the regular season. Means nothing come playoff time.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
          Denver lost to Indy too. Guess that means they aren't very good?

          Seattle has had kind of a weak schedule (though they did beat the 49ers) but they have the best secondary in the league. They can matchup well against any AFC team. Tonight will be one of their biggest tests. We'll see how they do.

          Carolina will be tough come playoff time as well.

          Saints have a top 5 O and top 5 D.

          NFC is very good this year, and I still think Seattle is the cream of the crop. Every team has a couple of poor outings during the regular season. Means nothing come playoff time.
          Didn't half their legion of boom get suspended?




          Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
            Didn't half their legion of boom get suspended?
            Just 1 of them.

            But they are pretty banged up in the secondary or with the suspensions i should say anyway.

            Good test for them tonight against Brees.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'd agree with RV that the NFC is a better conference top to bottom.

              5 very good teams in the Seahawks/Saints/Panthers/Niners/Lions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
                Seattle is for real and Carolina is also very good. What they have in common: exceptional defenses.

                I think Seattle will be (and should be) favored against any AFC team in the SB, provided they make it.
                I'd agree depending who they have in the secondary, mainly at CB.

                Mainly re: Browner and that situation.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
                  Denver lost to Indy too. Guess that means they aren't very good?

                  Seattle has had kind of a weak schedule (though they did beat the 49ers) but they have the best secondary in the league. They can matchup well against any AFC team. Tonight will be one of their biggest tests. We'll see how they do.

                  Carolina will be tough come playoff time as well.

                  Saints have a top 5 O and top 5 D.

                  NFC is very good this year, and I still think Seattle is the cream of the crop. Every team has a couple of poor outings during the regular season. Means nothing come playoff time.
                  I never said that Seattle wasn't good I asked you why Seattle is better than all afc teams when the only AFC team they faced with a winning record they lost to? The Saints lost to the Jets and Pats! How do these developments make them clearly better? to me this shows the AFC is just as good if not better. Oh and Seattle just lost a starting corner and there nickel corner to drug suspension's.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Just 1 of them.

                    But they are pretty banged up in the secondary or with the suspensions i should say anyway.

                    Good test for them tonight against Brees.
                    They lost Brandon Browner for the year and the nickel corner who has been starting in Browner's place for the next 4 games.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well, I never said the NFC is better, just that they are very good. I did say that Seattle is the cream of the crop in the NFC though. Maybe I spoke too soon. I will wait until after tonight to evaluate how good Seattle is.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        I'd agree with RV that the NFC is a better conference top to bottom.

                        5 very good teams in the Seahawks/Saints/Panthers/Niners/Lions.
                        I wouldn't say top to bottom. The NFC is very top heavy hence why they have so many teams at the 3-9 mark. The AFC is more balance with less top heavy teams. Just looking at Playoff teams you have these matchups

                        Broncos/Seahawks
                        Patriots/Saints
                        Colts/Lions
                        Bengals/Cowboys
                        Chiefs/Panthers
                        Ravens/49ers

                        So looking at that I don't see a clear cut winner.




                        Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
                          Well, I never said the NFC is better, just that they are very good. I did say that Seattle is the cream of the crop in the NFC though. Maybe I spoke too soon. I will wait until after tonight to evaluate how good Seattle is.
                          My bad, I agree the NFC is very good and Seattle is there best team so far. Im just not ready to crown the NFC the clearly better conference. And with the Saints and Seahawks only losses coming against AFC teams there should be an argument that the AFC is better (But not by much).
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                            I wouldn't say top to bottom. The NFC is very top heavy hence why they have so many teams at the 3-9 mark. The AFC is more balance with less top heavy teams. Just looking at Playoff teams you have these matchups

                            Broncos/Seahawks
                            Patriots/Saints
                            Colts/Lions
                            Bengals/Cowboys
                            Chiefs/Panthers
                            Ravens/49ers

                            So looking at that I don't see a clear cut winner.
                            I agree Dallas and the Lions wouldn't make the playoffs in the AFC. I know everybody loves Seattle but I think the most balanced team is Carolina. Seattle is not the same team on the road and I actually think there going to get beat tonight.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              They lost Brandon Browner for the year and the nickel corner who has been starting in Browner's place for the next 4 games.
                              The Legion of Boom is Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas, and Browner.

                              Obviously Browner is out.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X