Eli Manning sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning sucks

i have been saying it for almost a decade now, he sucks. that was probably the worst performance i have ever seen by any QB all year against my bolts, he is pure trash.

how long has he been in the league now? how many SB rings dos he have? yet you still just see him stand there with a dumb look on his face while not interacting with or leading his team at all.

looking back i wouldn't have traded rivers for eli straight up, those draft picks we got were just a bonus. :thumb:

actually, there is no looking back about it for me, at no point would i ever have made that trade, unlike many others here who probably still would to this day.
    sigpic

trash....with two more rings then your treasure of a qb will ever have
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
      trash....with two more rings then your treasure of a qb will ever have
      ^^ one of the fans here i was talking about.

you guys are never right about any QB's unless its an already established HOF QB that falls in your lap. lol
      sigpic

Comment

So he is playing bad for one year and you're going there?Rivers played like that for 2 years in a row ... keep talking out your butt dude it wont stink any more than it does now..
        Originally posted by baphamet
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          ^^ one of the fans here i was talking about.

you guys are never right about any QB's unless its an already established HOF QB that falls in your lap. lol
          I would take Rivers ten out of ten times over Eli, but Eli does have the rings. Will Rivers ever get one? Or will he end up like Fouts or a ugly woman? Ringless?

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            So he is playing bad for one year and you're going there?Rivers played like that for 2 years in a row ... keep talking out your butt dude it wont stink any more than it does now..
            bad for one year?

you clearly only follow the broncos.

hes had more bad/ mediocre years than good, he's come up big at times in the playoffs, other than that hes been garbage most of his career.

he's directly cost his teams playoff games as well.

by the way, rivers has never played anywhere near as bad as he is playing now. he might be without a job soon if he don't pull his head out of his ass.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              I would take Rivers ten out of ten times over Eli, but Eli does have the rings. Will Rivers ever get one? Or will he end up like Fouts or a ugly woman? Ringless?
              time will tell. he wouldn't be the only good QB to never win a ring, that's for sure.

we will see.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                time will tell. he wouldn't be the only good QB to never win a ring, that's for sure.

we will see.
                Believe it or not I like Rivers. When that whole Cutler, Rivers thing went down I didn't, but I watched a piece on him on uh I think Espn & he is a good dude. He has a funky release but he is a damn good QB. But the one thing that stood out for me is when he played in that game with a torn up knee & LT sat out. Rivers is a true competitor.

Comment

I don't hate Rivers, but historically the Chargers fans were the ones that got on my nerves more than any other fan base outside of Foxboro. I remember some clown that used to always type his posts in and assortment of rainbow colors. Really annoying.

Well, anyway. The cherry on top of the disliking of the Chargers and Norv Turner/ J.A. Smith and that group was that in that 2004 draft they had a multitude of options.

Draft Eli and tell him to deal with it he's a Charger or run off to law school. Eli Manning has 2 rings.
                  Draft Roethlisberger straight up at #1, Ben Roethlisberger has 2 rings.
                  Draft Rivers straight up at #1, Philip Rivers doesn't have a ring.
                  Or my most likely selection draft Larry FItzgerald straight up at #1, and pair him Tomlinson/Brees/other weapons.
                  Drew Brees has one ring.

So three of the Quarterbacks that they could have drafted have 5 rings between them, and Rivers has zero. Again, living in NC I watched my fair share of Rivers games at NCSU. I don't hate him. I respect his game, his fire, but I never liked J.A. Smith or Norv Turner, so I find it a bit funny that the 3 other QBs they could have gone with, each has a ring, and 2 of them have 2.

Comment

Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
                    I don't hate Rivers, but historically the Chargers fans were the ones that got on my nerves more than any other fan base outside of Foxboro. I remember some clown that used to always type his posts in and assortment of rainbow colors. Really annoying.

Well, anyway. The cherry on top of the disliking of the Chargers and Norv Turner/ J.A. Smith and that group was that in that 2004 draft they had a multitude of options.

Draft Eli and tell him to deal with it he's a Charger or run off to law school. Eli Manning has 2 rings.
                    Draft Roethlisberger straight up at #1, Ben Roethlisberger has 2 rings.
                    Draft Rivers straight up at #1, Philip Rivers doesn't have a ring.
                    Or my most likely selection draft Larry FItzgerald straight up at #1, and pair him Tomlinson/Brees/other weapons.
                    Drew Brees has one ring.

So three of the Quarterbacks that they could have drafted have 5 rings between them, and Rivers has zero. Again, living in NC I watched my fair share of Rivers games at NCSU. I don't hate him. I respect his game, his fire, but I never liked J.A. Smith or Norv Turner, so I find it a bit funny that the 3 other QBs they could have gone with, each has a ring, and 2 of them have 2.
                    #1 You say that like Big Ben earned those 2 rings on his own. In his first superbowl his qb rating was basically 0, the guy was along for the ride, everyone knows it even Steeler fans. He played good in his 2nd superbowl I'll give him credit for that one, but lets not act like he carried them to the playoffs that season either, they had the #1 ranked defense and were almost going to set the record for yards allowed/points.

#2 I don't even need to go into how average Eli is and how much his defense had to do with those 2 rings. I'll just leave this to you.

#3 I hate when people assume Brees was as good as he is now back when he was a Charger. He was about Matt Schaub level, very inconsistent and prone to costly interceptions. A short qb who just suffered a possible career ending injury, they had to make a change. Why blame them? No one even Brees knew he would come back that strong. So pairing Fitzgerald with an average qb at that time especially when Fitz was unproven is a crazy idea.

Hindsight is 20/20.

All I know is we Charger fans are happy we have Philip. I'd rather have a guy that carries our team every year and gives us a chance at a ring rather than a guy like Eli or Ben who have been carried by their defenses and fail to carry their teams now that their D's are done.

They can have their 2 rings, we all know they had little to do with them. A lucky hail mary pass and a guy who has had the #1 defense most of his career. They're no Peyton Manning's/Tom Brady's.

Moving on.
                    Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Rivers is absolutely better than Eli.

Those Giants defenses never gave up more than 20 points in the playoffs in ANY GAME, yes thats not a misprint.

Football is a team game.

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
                        #1 You say that like Big Ben earned those 2 rings on his own. In his first superbowl his qb rating was basically 0, the guy was along for the ride, everyone knows it even Steeler fans. He played good in his 2nd superbowl I'll give him credit for that one, but lets not act like he carried them to the playoffs that season either, they had the #1 ranked defense and were almost going to set the record for yards allowed/points.

#2 I don't even need to go into how average Eli is and how much his defense had to do with those 2 rings. I'll just leave this to you.

#3 I hate when people assume Brees was as good as he is now back when he was a Charger. He was about Matt Schaub level, very inconsistent and prone to costly interceptions. A short qb who just suffered a possible career ending injury, they had to make a change. Why blame them? No one even Brees knew he would come back that strong. So pairing Fitzgerald with an average qb at that time especially when Fitz was unproven is a crazy idea.

Hindsight is 20/20.

All I know is we Charger fans are happy we have Philip. I'd rather have a guy that carries our team every year and gives us a chance at a ring rather than a guy like Eli or Ben who have been carried by their defenses and fail to carry their teams now that their D's are done.

They can have their 2 rings, we all know they had little to do with them. A lucky hail mary pass and a guy who has had the #1 defense most of his career. They're no Peyton Manning's/Tom Brady's.

Moving on.
                        1) Like I saiid, it was more of a jab at the legend of J.A. Smith and the oddity that 3 QB's that they could have easily had have rings.. Roethlisberger is overrated at times and under rated at times.

2) You hate Eli Manning. I get it. If he went all Ron Burgundy on my favorite team, I doubt I'd like him either.

3) The 2004 draft was before Brees was injured, so they could have paired Fitzgerald with Tomlinson long before his shoulder came in to play. They already had Rivers in reserve, so I can see why they let him walk, but that wasn't the point. The point was they could have easily added Fitzgerald to that offense.

3b), There is no doubt that Drew Brees + Sean Payton are better than Drew Brees and 85%+ of other coaches. They work well together, and I didn't suggest that he is the same player as he is in New Orleans. He was far better than Matt Schaub.

4) Hindsight is far better than 20/20.

You can discount Eli/Ben all you want. Rivers rode Tomlinson for quite a bit himself, and don't act like San Diego's defenses were garbage each and every year. They had more to do with those Championships than you are wanting to give them credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
                          1)

3) The 2004 draft was before Brees was injured, so they could have paired Fitzgerald with Tomlinson long before his shoulder came in to play. They already had Rivers in reserve, so I can see why they let him walk, but that wasn't the point. The point was they could have easily added Fitzgerald to that offense.
                          before the 2004 season brees was trash, otherwise we wouldn't have drafted a QB so high. in the first three years of brees' career he was absolutely carried by LT, the entire team was.

You can discount Eli/Ben all you want. Rivers rode Tomlinson for quite a bit himself, and don't act like San Diego's defenses were garbage each and every year. They had more to do with those Championships than you are wanting to give them credit for.
                          you could make the argument that rivers was carried by LT in 2006 for sure, barely make the argument for 2007, and beyond that? nope.

the defense was good for a couple years but in years like 2009 when the defense was mediocre and the running game was the worst in the NFL, yet the chargers still won 13 games?

i think its safe to say rivers can and has carried his football team and eli just isn't that type of QB. he can win with a good team around him at times but other than that he is vastly inconsistent from year to year.

been that way his entire carer.
                          sigpic

Comment

i I like it when Chugger fans say things like Rivers carries the team..to what 8-8 records? 4 playoffs in 8 years starting...sounds like the definition of carrying a team is a bit different in San Diego. that's called mediocrity in most places . Even when the guy had Superbowl talent around him he once won the division at 8-8 in a horrible division that got him 6 wins.. that's just reality people.
                            Originally posted by baphamet
                            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              i I like it when Chugger fans say things like Rivers carries the team..to what 8-8 records? 4 playoffs in 8 years starting...sounds like the definition of carrying a team is a bit different in San Diego. that's called mediocrity in most places . Even when the guy had Superbowl talent around him he once won the division at 8-8 in a horrible division that got him 6 wins.. that's just reality people.
                              at least River made it to the playoffs that year and beat a guy who by all rights had no business losing to the Chargers that year. And now he's your QB. And there he go again, getting knocked out of the playoffs by a team he WASN"T supposed to lose to. Trust me this will not be the end of his storied 0-1 playoff chokes. This is just reality people.
                              Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X