Eli Manning sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    Your a Pats fan right? If so, kudos to you for realizing a ring and a few great plays in a SB doesn't make a QB elite. I say that because a lot of fans of PIT and NE seem to love to play up the wins measure a QB thing. Of course, it's different for NE because they have a QB who actually is an elite QB because of his play. I bet if you ask most Pitts fans they'll say Eli is top notch because of the wins, since they know that argument is the only way they can say Ben is a great QB.

It really is ridiculous that people think just because your team won, that your legit as a QB as long as you made a few great throws in the big game. I'm sure Rex Grossman made a few great throws in the Super Bowl at some point, doesn't make him elite.
    pretty much this ^

Comment

Your a Pats fan right? If so, kudos to you for realizing a ring and a few great plays in a SB doesn't make a QB elite. I say that because a lot of fans of PIT and NE seem to love to play up the wins measure a QB thing. Of course, it's different for NE because they have a QB who actually is an elite QB because of his play. I bet if you ask most Pitts fans they'll say Eli is top notch because of the wins, since they know that argument is the only way they can say Ben is a great QB.

It really is ridiculous that people think just because your team won, that your legit as a QB as long as you made a few great throws in the big game. I'm sure Rex Grossman made a few great throws in the Super Bowl at some point, doesn't make him elite.

who said anything about eli being great?
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        pretty much this ^

pretty much stupid
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          who said anything about eli being great?
          You did, and wrong again.

Comment

Good post. Brady's done enough throughout his career to warrant consideration as elite, aside from the SB rings.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
              pretty much stupid
              why is it stupid? why don't you tell that to peyton manning? that guy has a losing record in the playoffs too, he must be inferior to eli as well?

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                just one pass? so you believe eli is a great QB because he got hot at the right time in the playoffs thus ignoring his entire body of work?

and you didn't answer my last question, did dan fouts suck since he didn't win a ring with HOF talent around him? why has peyton struggled so much in the playoffs with HOF talent around him as well? he must suck too according to you?
                I never said great. I said clutch. He's made 2 clutch throws in 2 different SBs when the pressure was at its highest, when he had to. That's something that Rivers hasn't done. I can't say anything about Dan Fouts because I never saw him play, however I will give him somewhat of a pass because he had to contend with the GOAT, Elway
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  I never said great. I said clutch. He's made 2 clutch throws in 2 different SBs when the pressure was at its highest, when he had to. That's something that Rivers hasn't done. I can't say anything about Dan Fouts because I never saw him play, however I will give him somewhat of a pass because he had to contend with the GOAT, Elway
                  The Tyree catch was extremely lucky, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the one to MM.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    You did, and wrong again.

get off Philips nuts

just like I supposedly said rivers was done...a lie by you

this again is an embellishment...by you

I have never said eli was great...I have said eli doesn't suck as much as you and the other nut hugger have said

I have said he has two rings..with two SB MVP's...something rivers will never have

I have said he has a great post season record...unlike rivers

I have said he has had some very good years.....never said elite yrs

the problem you and bap have is instead of just excepting the fact your teams qb is pretty good in the regular season...but basically hasn't done anything with more talented teams in the post season

you chose to rip down the other qb in his draft class, and insist he flat out sucks because hes having a rough yr with the entire team playing like crap

through 2006 -present rivers has had a more talented team, multiple probowlers, HOF rbs, HOF Te and one of the best offensive minded coaches in the league in turner...might have sucked as a head coach, but his offense is solid

and rivers 5809 more passing yards, 20 more Tds, and 41 less ints

would you trade rivers extra 5809 passing yards, 20 tds and 41 less ints for two lombardis and twp SB mvps ?

if you say no your a friggen lier
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      why is it stupid? why don't you tell that to peyton manning? that guy has a losing record in the playoffs too, he must be inferior to eli as well?

hey that's your logic I quoted...your basically laughing at your own self

now thats funny
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        The Tyree catch was extremely lucky, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the one to MM.
                        Thank you, but the mere fact that Eli managed to escape that sack and throw a catchable pass at all, was also clutch
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                          Thank you, but the mere fact that Eli managed to escape that sack and throw a catchable pass at all, was also clutch
                          That was luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                            hey that's your logic I quoted...your basically laughing at your own self

now thats funny
                            my logic is you have to look at a players entire body of work which includes winning and performance at your position, not just rings like what you are doing. go back and read the post you said that was stupid.

Comment

get off Philips nuts

I have never said eli was great...I have said eli doesn't suck as much as you and the other nut hugger have said

I have said he has two rings..with two SB MVP's...something rivers will never have

the problem you and bap have is instead of just excepting the fact your teams qb is pretty good in the regular season...but basically hasn't done anything with more talented teams in the post season

you chose to rip down the other qb in his draft class, and insist he flat out sucks because hes having a rough yr with the entire team playing like crap

through 2006 -present rivers has had a more talented team, multiple probowlers, HOF rbs, HOF Te and one of the best offensive minded coaches in the league in turner...might have sucked as a head coach, but his offense is solid

would you trade rivers extra 5809 passing yards, 20 tds and 41 less ints for two lombardis and twp SB mvps ?

i wouldn't trade rivers for eli in any scenario, you are acting like eli carried NY to those SB's

you say rivers will never win anything as if you can tell the future, i say eli wouldn't have won jack had he not been on those teams in NY, just like not even drew brees could win in SD and i sure as hell don't think freaking eli could have done any better.

also, look at peyton manning's playoff record with HOF talent around him. every time you make this argument you are diminishing your own QB's quality of play in the playoffs at the same time lol

peyton has a losing record in the playoffs and has gone one and done 8 times, guess he is inferior to eli as well? since eli has had a handful of good games in the playoffs?

that's arapatroll logic for you right there!

Comment

get off Philips nuts

Dont care about that, i would absolutely take Rivers over Eli.

Anyone who has an ounce of football knowledge would too and judging by your posts, you sure as heck dont have any of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X