Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    cuz i said Rivers > Eli?

Anyone would say that who understands the game.
    why?...cause he has great numbers when the situation is.perfect for him?.....and.disregard all the fail with a team much better talent wise

if you say so....you are the vice president of his fan club
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      Keep up with what? You didn't say playoffs or even imply it ...you a woman or a kid?

The playoffs actually have nothing to do with him carrying his team through the 2011 season into the playoffs where he continued to play well and even raised his play.. You think they make the playoff that year with out him? You can not say it with out looking extremely stupid but go ahead and try..

Carrying a team implies you carried them to something..he carried them to the playoffs where his defense played better for 2 games (Pats and vs The Falcons.) The other 2 (Packers and Niners) not so much.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/nyg/2011.htm any thing else you want to know is there. Lessons are over for today kiddo:thumb:
      They were 7-7 at one point and only finished 9-7 so yeah they could of depending who replaced him.

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
        why?...cause he has great numbers when the situation is.perfect for him?.....and.disregard all the fail with a team much better talent wise

if you say so....you are the vice president of his fan club
        I dont like Rivers but if you know anything about football, Rivers > Eli.

Easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          They were 7-7 at one point and only finished 9-7 so yeah they could of depending who replaced him.
          So what you're saying is as long as Eli got them, to 7-7 in a year when he had absolutely no help at all then some other QB "might have" got them in under those conditions maybe? LOL
          They are not even 3-13 with out him that year...he was the team hence Carried

Eli Manning 2011
          Most 4th-quarter touchdown passes in a season (15 in 2011)
          Tied NFL Record most game-winning drives in a season (8 in 2011) 8 in a 9 win regular season
          Most road wins in a single regular season and postseason by a starting quarterback (10 in 2011)
          Most passing yards in a single postseason (1,219 yards in 2011)

still think you have an argument?
          Last edited by Beagle; 12-21-2013, 10:31 PM.
          Originally posted by baphamet
          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Rivers couldn't even win the division when DEN had the 20th or so D & Tim Tebow at QB. He couldn't he win 8 games that pathetic year
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

While I'm glad baph has someone to hang on his nuts I am afraid just because you said it doesn't make it true...

Eli Manning 2011 stats
              yards 4933
              TDs 29
              ints 16
              yards per attempt 8.4
              season ending result Superbowl win

Ny Giants passing rank 5th best
              Ny Giants rushing rank 32 or dead last in the league

2011 NY Giants defense 25th over all
              passing defense 29th
              rushing 19
              scoring 25th

Playoff numbers
              106 att
              163 comp
              65.03% comp%
              1219 yds
              9 td 1int
              103.3 QBrating

SuperBowl numbers
              30 att
              40 comp
              75.00% comp%
              296yds
              1td(game winner)
              0 int
              103.7 QB rating

How is that Not Eli carrying them?
              Eli did play pretty well that year, but the idea of a QB carrying a team with no help never happens. Even if it's just the passing game doing well, you need good receivers to have an attack like that. And, they were only 9-7 that year, and looked nothing like a Super Bowl team until the defense got on track.

All the more proof that wins are a TEAM effort.

Comment

Well it was already in the post you quoted in BOLD LETTERS but you seem, to also share Baphs inability to comprehend what you read so here ya go again
                NY Giants defense 25th over all
                passing defense 29th
                rushing 19
                scoring 25th
                I always love when fans do this, to try and make it look like their team won a Super Bowl carried by just the passing game to try and make the QB look better.

When their defense sucked, they were a 9-7 team that didn't play anywhere near SB caliber. In the playoffs when they played well, their defense was great, and the offenses they faced were pretty good.
                They SHUT OUT the Falcons offense, 2 points for ATL came from a safety.
                They held the Packers, one of the best offenses of all time to 20, and scored a defensive TD.
                They held SF to 17, and then the Patriots to 17 in the Super Bowl.

Do you really think they win the Super Bowl if their defense isn't so great in the playoffs? It just wouldn't happen. They'd have been blown out by Green Bay, and really would have been lucky to even beat Atlanta. And it's not even because Eli wasn't good that year, it's because teams just don't win Championships the way you claim the Giants did.

That's why you don't evaluate QBs based on Super Bowls, they aren't an individual accomplishment.

Comment

i have enough sense to not fall in love with a qb

if your honesly saying...rivers extra yards and 20 tds means more to you...then two sb wins

then you are hopelessly infatuated with rivers...
                  If your honestly saying that the two Super Bowl wins are an individual Eli accomplishment, or that signing Eli alone would have put the Chargers in the Super Bowl then you are hopelessly infatuated with Eli.

Comment

• cant wait for the niners to lose again so this annoying ninertroll disapears again
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                      I always love when fans do this, to try and make it look like their team won a Super Bowl carried by just the passing game to try and make the QB look better.

When their defense sucked, they were a 9-7 team that didn't play anywhere near SB caliber. In the playoffs when they played well, their defense was great, and the offenses they faced were pretty good.
                      They SHUT OUT the Falcons offense, 2 points for ATL came from a safety.
                      They held the Packers, one of the best offenses of all time to 20, and scored a defensive TD.
                      They held SF to 17, and then the Patriots to 17 in the Super Bowl.

Do you really think they win the Super Bowl if their defense isn't so great in the playoffs? It just wouldn't happen. They'd have been blown out by Green Bay, and really would have been lucky to even beat Atlanta. And it's not even because Eli wasn't good that year, it's because teams just don't win Championships the way you claim the Giants did.

That's why you don't evaluate QBs based on Super Bowls, they aren't an individual accomplishment.
                      Where did I say Eli carried them to a Championship all by himself?

We are talking about the regular season not the playoffs or the Super Bowl smart guy read the postS heck the one you quoted was Regular season stats.

Now instead of falling forward on your face try sitting down and reading join in the conversation when you catch up or even figure out I am a Broncos fan...

as for what would have Happened had the Giants D not stepped up in the playoffs
                      they'd have been blown out by Green Bay
                      ? Really? Vs the Pack? The same 15-1 packers team that they played in the regular season and lost to 38-35...some blow out. They were only blown out once that year and It was the Saints
                      Last edited by Beagle; 12-22-2013, 09:15 AM.
                      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                        If your honestly saying that the two Super Bowl wins are an individual Eli accomplishment, or that signing Eli alone would have put the Chargers in the Super Bowl then you are hopelessly infatuated with Eli.
                        he does believe that. you have to remember, these are the same jokers that thought cutler was great when he was in Denver due to his stats alone (funny how now its all about winning), then they thought tebow was their future at QB , then said rivers was trash and some said he was washed up and done due to a couple bad years that were nowhere near as bad as the year eli is having. (they actual still believe that believe it or not ).

i don't know if they have ever been right when judging any QB except for the one they have now that fell in their laps and was already an established future HOF'er and all time great.

Comment

cant wait for the niners to lose again so this annoying ninertroll disapears again
                          Now I get it...still bitter loss breath from 2011...Its Okay Fallfacefirst one day when you guys get over trading your starting Quarterback for a mirage like Kap you will drift back into mediocrity that the Bay Area has grown accustom too.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            he does believe that. you have to remember, these are the same jokers that thought cutler was great when he was in Denver due to his stats alone (funny how now its all about winning), then they thought tebow was their future at QB , then said rivers was trash and some said he was washed up and done due to a couple bad years that were nowhere near as bad as the year eli is having. (they actual still believe that believe it or not ).

i don't know if they have ever been right when judging any QB except for the one they have now that fell in their laps and was already an established future HOF'er and all time great.
                            You wanted to make it all about winning Baph we are upholding a tradition you started...Holding you to your own standards and you cant stand it. Cry More please :thumb:

Comment

You wanted to make it all about winning Baph we are upholding a tradition you started...Holding you to your own standards and you cant stand it. Cry More please :thumb:
                              uhh nope, i have never made it all about winning, that is a made up lie that you and arapaho cling to like a comfort blanket.

its funny that you even try to express you opinion here about any QB's anymore, if you think about all the things you and many others have said about QB's here over the years, it really is quite comical.

how is tebow working out for you? how about cuter? oh and how is rivers being washed up and done working out for you beagle?? now we are supposed to take your opinion about eli seriously??

i don't think so...

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                                uhh nope, i have never made it all about winning, that is a made up lie that you and arapaho cling to like a comfort blanket.

its funny that you even try to express you opinion here about any QB's anymore, if you think about all the things you and many others have said about QB's here over the years, it really is quite comical.

how is tebow working out for you? how about cuter? oh and how is rivers being washed up and done working out for you beagle?? now we are supposed to take your opinion about eli seriously??

i don't think so...
                                I cant believe your denials because I know the truth. All I see are tears ,sobs and deflection attempts of the guilty

No one to blame but yourself you set the standard years ago..:thumb:

If you would like me to allow the deflection and talk about things we have said in the past about other QBs read my sig and then say to yourself out loud MVP MVP MVP MVP
                                Last edited by Beagle; 12-22-2013, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X