Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers Part 2!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Have to eat crow on this one. Chargers running game was dominate that is what won them the game. It's not like Manning or our O had a bad game we just had no time with the ball. Mistakes killed us as well! Danny Trevathon with the offsides on a punt was such a buzzkill. IMO this is the first game all season where I thought we were outplayed. Good win for the dolts, still don't see you guys making the playoffs tho
    UNITED IN ORANGE!

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by orangebarrel View Post
      Have to eat crow on this one. Chargers running game was dominate that is what won them the game. It's not like Manning or our O had a bad game we just had no time with the ball. Mistakes killed us as well! Danny Trevathon with the offsides on a punt was such a buzzkill. IMO this is the first game all season where I thought we were outplayed. Good win for the dolts, still don't see you guys making the playoffs tho
      OB, the Bolts dominated your team in every phase of the game including the clock, not just the running game.
      This is in spite of almost every single donk fan on this board saying that position for position the Chargers are no match for the Broncos. We didn't even have the crowd on our side, the air was thin, we were out of our element. Has reality set in yet that the Broncos aren't who you thought they were? Fans were so pissed leaving the game that a minor parting lot car accident sent 3 people to the hospital after getting stabbed. What a tarnish for the city of Denver and the fan base that your own fans aren't safe in their own parking lot after a home loss. How pathetic.
      Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by orangebarrel View Post
        Have to eat crow on this one. Chargers running game was dominate that is what won them the game. It's not like Manning or our O had a bad game we just had no time with the ball. Mistakes killed us as well! Danny Trevathon with the offsides on a punt was such a buzzkill. IMO this is the first game all season where I thought we were outplayed. Good win for the dolts, still don't see you guys making the playoffs tho
        your offense didn't have a bad game but for their standards i would say they did. they went 3 and out three times in a row (4 times total), had that costly int and were 2/9 on third down against a defense that is not that great.

        this is supposedly the best offense in NFL history?

        but you may be right, we may still miss the playoffs but going forward i like where this team is heading.

        that said, i think you should now be worried because teams are gonna be studying that tape. the broncos are not unbeatable at home like a lot of people thought.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
          OB, the Bolts dominated your team in every phase of the game including the clock, not just the running game.
          Your running game is how you controlled the clock genius

          Has reality set in yet that the Broncos aren't who you thought they were?
          We're 11-3 and clinched a playoff brith. The Broncos are exactly what we thought they would be. I don't think anyone thought we would go 16-0.

          Fans were so pissed leaving the game that a minor parting lot car accident sent 3 people to the hospital after getting stabbed. What a tarnish for the city of Denver and the fan base that your own fans aren't safe in their own parking lot after a home loss. How pathetic.
          Idiot

          http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...boys-qualcomm/
          http://www.10news.com/news/police-cr...games-10142013
          http://bayarea.sbnation.com/oakland-...rs-vs-chargers

          This is every sporting event everywhere. Please save your stupidity.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            this is supposedly the best offense in NFL history?
            The '99 rams lost to the Titans 24-21

            They lost to the Lions the very next week L 31-27

            Let's not blow a bad game out of proportion wisenheimer.

            SD didn't find some magic recipe for success against the Broncos and Manning. Teams have been doing the same thing all year. We had a very bad game on Offense, a-typical of the other 13 games we've played this year. I think you trying to draw a correlation to one game vs. drawing one from the other 13 is pretty dumb.

            We're fine, your team is better than last year. End of story.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
              OB, the Bolts dominated your team in every phase of the game including the clock, not just the running game.
              This is in spite of almost every single donk fan on this board saying that position for position the Chargers are no match for the Broncos. We didn't even have the crowd on our side, the air was thin, we were out of our element. Has reality set in yet that the Broncos aren't who you thought they were? Fans were so pissed leaving the game that a minor parting lot car accident sent 3 people to the hospital after getting stabbed. What a tarnish for the city of Denver and the fan base that your own fans aren't safe in their own parking lot after a home loss. How pathetic.
              Bolts dominated, we sucked you deserve to gloat because it was a good win for you guys but lets not blow one bad game out of proportion. We're still the better team, with the better record and we're the AFCW champs for the third consecutive year with at least one home playoff game barring some major meltdown. If thats reality setting in like you say, then thats fine with me
              As for the stabbings after the game, thats a low blow don't you think? Every fan base has their idiots
              UNITED IN ORANGE!

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                your offense didn't have a bad game but for their standards i would say they did. they went 3 and out three times in a row (4 times total), had that costly int and were 2/9 on third down against a defense that is not that great.

                this is supposedly the best offense in NFL history?

                but you may be right, we may still miss the playoffs but going forward i like where this team is heading.

                that said, i think you should now be worried because teams are gonna be studying that tape. the broncos are not unbeatable at home like a lot of people thought.
                Yes, we had a bad game for our standards, but I'm willing to call it just a bad game. I fully expect us to respond next game and win out.
                And this isn't supposedly the best offense in NFL history, it IS the best offense in NFL history, thats a fact.
                I'm not to worried about other teams to be honest, the Chargers are the only team in the AFC I can think of that can line up and power run to dominate the clock like that. But fortunately for us, you guys still probably won't make the playoffs, not saying I wouldn't want to see a third matchup of course
                UNITED IN ORANGE!

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                  The '99 rams lost to the Titans 24-21

                  They lost to the Lions the very next week L 31-27

                  Let's not blow a bad game out of proportion wisenheimer.

                  SD didn't find some magic recipe for success against the Broncos and Manning. Teams have been doing the same thing all year. We had a very bad game on Offense, a-typical of the other 13 games we've played this year. I think you trying to draw a correlation to one game vs. drawing one from the other 13 is pretty dumb.

                  We're fine, your team is better than last year. End of story.
                  sure you guys had a bad game but in our first game you guys had your second lowest point output and we had just as many scoring drives but less TD's, that was with a good offensive performance by the broncos.

                  the secret to beating the broncos isn't really a secret anymore, you have to play keep away and score TD's instead of FG's. if you win TOP against manning and get them to punt just a few times, that is huge.

                  when you face teams in the playoffs that play good defense and run the ball, they are gonna try the same thing. if your defense does not step up you are gonna be in trouble.

                  you seem to think everything is fine but deep down i know that isn't the case.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    sure you guys had a bad game but in our first game you guys had your second lowest point output and we had just as many scoring drives but less TD's, that was with a good offensive performance by the broncos.

                    the secret to beating the broncos isn't really a secret anymore, you have to play keep away and score TD's instead of FG's. if you win TOP against manning and get them to punt just a few times, that is huge.

                    when you face teams in the playoffs that play good defense and run the ball, they are gonna try the same thing. if your defense does not step up you are gonna be in trouble.

                    you seem to think everything is fine but deep down i know that isn't the case.
                    I'm not going to go all chicken little over one game dude. Every team needs improvement. Point to a team that doesn't and I'll call you a retard. We need to get healthy, and we need to be more disciplined on Defense. That gives us more opportunities on Offense to drive and score. The more opportunities we have, the more likely we win the ball game. We don't have an offense problem.

                    The key to beating us was never a secret in the first place and SD certainly didn't uncover it. Every team this year has tried the same things more or less, and more often than not, it didn't work. They either couldn't execute it because of lack of talent, or we scored quickly and often enough that it threw that gameplan out the window, and teams had to play catchup. This is still the case.

                    You act like we have to be perfect in the regular season to have a chance in the Playoffs. I give you the last 3 SB winners as evidence of the opposite.

                    I know you're all pumped up after your win, but it changes nothing.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      sure you guys had a bad game but in our first game you guys had your second lowest point output and we had just as many scoring drives but less TD's, that was with a good offensive performance by the broncos.

                      the secret to beating the broncos isn't really a secret anymore, you have to play keep away and score TD's instead of FG's. if you win TOP against manning and get them to punt just a few times, that is huge.

                      when you face teams in the playoffs that play good defense and run the ball, they are gonna try the same thing. if your defense does not step up you are gonna be in trouble.

                      you seem to think everything is fine but deep down i know that isn't the case.

                      someone thinks they revolutionalized the nfl..


                      fyi...every team we faced went into the game with the same idealology....keep manning on the bench

                      we are 11-3...i like our odds that manning will have more good days then off days
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                          I'm not going to go all chicken little over one game dude. Every team needs improvement. Point to a team that doesn't and I'll call you a retard. We need to get healthy, and we need to be more disciplined on Defense. That gives us more opportunities on Offense to drive and score. The more opportunities we have, the more likely we win the ball game. We don't have an offense problem.

                          The key to beating us was never a secret in the first place and SD certainly didn't uncover it. Every team this year has tried the same things more or less, and more often than not, it didn't work. They either couldn't execute it because of lack of talent, or we scored quickly and often enough that it threw that gameplan out the window, and teams had to play catchup. This is still the case.

                          You act like we have to be perfect in the regular season to have a chance in the Playoffs. I give you the last 3 SB winners as evidence of the opposite.

                          I know you're all pumped up after your win, but it changes nothing.
                          i am not saying you have to be perfect but the regular season and all the numbers you put up means absolutely jack crap once the playoff start.

                          your offense is still fine and you are still the team to beat in the AFC but what i am saying is your defense is not fine and if they continue to struggle in the playoffs like they are now and teams are allowed to sustain drives and score TD's, it's gonna bite you in the ass.

                          and yes teams are gonna be all over the chargers tape because somehow what we did actually worked to slow your offense down, in both our games against you.

                          don't give me that crap about talent, do you think the chargers are talented on defense compared to teams like the chiefs?

                          the chargers also played a soft nickle zone for much of the game against you to help prevent those quick scores, it forced Denver to be more methodical and it worked.

                          you should be concerned but if you are not, that's cool. i am sure we will have a conversation about it after we see what happens and you can tell me you told me so when you are in the SB.

                          the chargers likely won't make it so you do have that going for you!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                            just imagine next year if we can get floyd and DX back healthy? with Mathews, gates, and woodhead?

                            already looking forward to next year lol
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              i am not saying you have to be perfect but the regular season and all the numbers you put up means absolutely jack crap once the playoff start.
                              True. Which is all the more reason why I'm not breathing into a paper bag over one loss in the regular season.

                              your offense is still fine and you are still the team to beat in the AFC
                              Nothing else really needs to be said here. We are the team to beat. Yes, we have our own issues, but so does every other team headed to the playoffs in the AFC at this point. I feel like we have a more than sufficient group, with plenty going for it to meet the demands and rigors of the post-season.

                              but what i am saying is your defense is not fine and if they continue to struggle in the playoffs like they are now and teams are allowed to sustain drives and score TD's, it's gonna bite you in the ass.
                              Potentially. We could also potentially exploit Defenses and score within mere seconds on a few drives and put teams behind early and completely disrupt any gameplan they had going, as we've done numerous times this season. This goes both ways Baph. We get to play our game also. Defenses still have to execute, and they have to play a nearly flawless game on Defense to effectively stop us, as the Chargers did last Thursday. The Broncos can dictate how Defenses will play against them on Offense also.

                              and yes teams are gonna be all over the chargers tape because somehow what we did actually worked to slow your offense down, in both our games against you.
                              And in one of those games, it still wasn't enough. Keep in mind we were also sans some players that we are going to have back that actually do make a difference.

                              don't give me that crap about talent, do you think the chargers are talented on defense compared to teams like the chiefs?
                              Talent was only one of the things I mentioned Baph. Like I said, sometimes even talent isn't enough to stop the Broncos.

                              you should be concerned but if you are not, that's cool. i am sure we will have a conversation about it after we see what happens and you can tell me you told me so when you are in the SB.

                              the chargers likely won't make it so you do have that going for you!
                              Of course, I would rather we had a Defense that whooped people's monkey asses at will, but you can't have it all brother. Concern is too strong a word. I'm annoyed, but I think the problems we have on Defense can be remedied and patched up enough to be fine moving forward.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                I agree partially with kiz.

                                SD played a perfect game, didnt turn it over, controlled the clock, got some breaks (offsides on the punt chewed 7 minutes off the clock when we would of got it back in good field position)

                                Even as bad as we played, we had a shot to tie the game late but it wasnt meant to be.

                                Btw baph, SD didnt do anything out of the realm.

                                Thats how you beat all the top QB's.

                                Its a good gameplan when you can get 7 in the RZ.

                                More concerned with the injuries, and defense but getting some guys back can cure that a little. Missed Welker alot, noticable given the struggles on 3rd down.

                                SD played like the better team and wanted it more.

                                And every team in the AFC has flaws of some kind.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X