No announcement yet.

Teams that have never won a Super Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleveland needs to win one worse than anybody. When I was out there a few years ago wearing my Elway jersey I got blasted by people walking down the street. They really hold a grudge lol.

Comment

Originally posted by martz11 View Post
      Cleveland needs to win one worse than anybody. When I was out there a few years ago wearing my Elway jersey I got blasted by people walking down the street. They really hold a grudge lol.
      It's a bit cruel but I find it a bit hilarious how snakebit that whole city is with championships across multiple sports.

I suppose i would be ok with 1 of them winning but it's a loveable losers story to talk about.

Though I'm aware the Browns have several championships pre SB era.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
        It was the excuse for the replay, but there is still no evidence they would have won that game. It was a 2 TD game and they had 4 more penalties then Pitt. The Cardinals had just as much 1 sided calling and they dont wine as much as Seattle does (they still talk about it as if the NFL owes them) and that game was a 4 point game.

Part of the reason we hired Fox was because of his success with Delhomme an undrafted FA who actually made it to the SB
        What does Fox have to do with it all?

The Cardinals were not screwed to the point of Seattle, I'm not really sure why you feel that way. There was a block that could have been a clip on Harrison's return, but that's about it. The calls against Seattle were big, and made major impact on the game. They very well could have made up for 2 TDs.

Something as outrageous as calling an illegal block on a tackle makes people really wonder if the refs were trying to aide Pitts on purpose, because it would take a really really bad brain fart to make that mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by martz11 View Post
          It's the Modell curse. Eight championships before the merger; none since. Modell trash talked the Broncos during merger negotiations, and later moved the team from Cleveland which has since won two Super Bowls. Hardly anyone left alive who remembers Paul Brown and Otto Graham.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

How hard is it to google "nfl teams who have never been to the superbowl" before you start a post about it?

Comment

thread

Comment

I'm gonna go with Vikings and Bills. Kelly and Fran both very good qb's on very good teams neither has a ring. 4 losses for each team in SB's . The Bills were a botched field goal away. Feel bad for Browns and Marty but they never even made it.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by fightinglee View Post
                  How hard is it to google "nfl teams who have never been to the superbowl" before you start a post about it?
                  Let me Google that for you:

http://lmgtfy.com/
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                    What does Fox have to do with it all?

The Cardinals were not screwed to the point of Seattle, I'm not really sure why you feel that way. There was a block that could have been a clip on Harrison's return, but that's about it. The calls against Seattle were big, and made major impact on the game. They very well could have made up for 2 TDs.

Something as outrageous as calling an illegal block on a tackle makes people really wonder if the refs were trying to aide Pitts on purpose, because it would take a really really bad brain fart to make that mistake.
                    Its in response to belief that Carolina hadnt been to a SB

The odd thing about it is both games were against Pitt. Warner threw a clearly incomplete pass at the 29 yard line ruled a fumble. There was a roughing the passer call where the replay did not even show anyone touch him that was one of 3 questionable unnecessary roughness calls that put the Steelers in scoring range. So yes that game which was a 4 point game was more controversial and lets be honest the Cardinals did a better job overcoming the bad officiating which is more evidence that they should have won that game. The play calling by the 3rd quarter alone saw more penalties then the other game, its hard to overcome something like that.
                    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Its in response to belief that Carolina hadnt been to a SB.
                      Right. The OP had errors.

Comment

Its in response to belief that Carolina hadnt been to a SB

The odd thing about it is both games were against Pitt. Warner threw a clearly incomplete pass at the 29 yard line ruled a fumble. There was a roughing the passer call where the replay did not even show anyone touch him that was one of 3 questionable unnecessary roughness calls that put the Steelers in scoring range. So yes that game which was a 4 point game was more controversial and lets be honest the Cardinals did a better job overcoming the bad officiating which is more evidence that they should have won that game. The play calling by the 3rd quarter alone saw more penalties then the other game, its hard to overcome something like that.
                        I've heard so many people, fans on blogs, media and people I know talk about their belief that the refs aided Pittsburgh against Seattle.

You would be the first person I have ever heard claim Arizona was as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                          I've heard so many people, fans on blogs, media and people I know talk about their belief that the refs aided Pittsburgh against Seattle.

You would be the first person I have ever heard claim Arizona was as well.
                          Not the first time Ive read it Ive seen articles on yahoo sports and even ESPN saying the officiating was bad in both games. The calls were more odd in the Seattle game but there were just as many fishy calls in the Arizona game which ended a lot closer
                          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                          X