Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess Denver > NE not a good name for Patriots forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess Denver > NE not a good name for Patriots forum.

I tried to register for NE's fan forum and they wouldn't let me post a single thing. Oh well. Read a lot though. I don't understand why hey are so attached to one player. They act like Manning breaking a Brady record is worse than death. Craziness. I'll never be a fan of a man over the team, but maybe that is just me.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

The self-conscious Manning bashing on there is pitiful. Everything Manning does, Brady has done it more impressively and successfully; according to them. Their insecurities are painfully obvious, especially in the midst of a very mediocre year by Brady where his accuracy diminished tremendously. Weapons or not, he missed a ton of throws including a dozen in two games vs. the Jets. That in conjunction with Manning having the best year we've ever seen has them going borderline insane.

Comment

I'm not losing any sleep over them losing sleep ....

I just went over to their board & I have to say I love it, it was a flood of whining along with some arrogance, sprinkled in with a few leveled headed humans. I do hope we play them in the AFC championship.
      Last edited by ELWAY421; 01-01-2014, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
        I'm not losing any sleep over them losing sleep ....

I just went over to their board & I have to say I love it, it was a flood of whining along with some arrogance, sprinkled in with a few leveled headed humans. I do hope we play them in the AFC championship.
        I'd be careful what you wished for. That's the one team I could see keeping Denver out of the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
          I'd be careful what you wished for. That's the one team I could see keeping Denver out of the Super Bowl.
          I think there are 4 teams out of 5 that can keep them out of the Superbowl, the Chargers being one of them. All are dangerous.
          Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
            If that's the case it is what it is. Why should I be scared? I wouldn't want Denver to win it all without beating the best teams along the way. The Pats aren't super human, they don't wear capes, no teams do. Every team that made the playoffs have the same chance to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
              I think there are 4 teams out of 5 that can keep them out of the Superbowl, the Chargers being one of them. All are dangerous.
              Yes if you hold out hope that on any given Sunday a average team can beat a good team. But if Denver plays up to their ability and doesn't play down to their opponents (like the chargers game) then there's not a single team that stands in our way. When it comes to teams, I honestly believe the only team that can stop Denver when we are on is Denver.
              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                Yes if you hold out hope that on any given Sunday a average team can beat a good team. But if Denver plays up to their ability and doesn't play down to their opponents (like the chargers game) then there's not a single team that stands in our way. When it comes to teams, I honestly believe the only team that can stop Denver when we are on is Denver.
                Agree! That is precisely why we had three losses. I hope the team is working on discipline and some fundementals during this bye.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

If that's the case it is what it is. Why should I be scared? I wouldn't want Denver to win it all without beating the best teams along the way. The Pats aren't super human, they don't wear capes, no teams do. Every team that made the playoffs have the same chance to get there.
                  Agree with your other points Elway421 but the latter is not necessarily true. From NFL. COM: "Home teams have enjoyed a .575 winning percentage during the Super Bowl era, according to STATS. That figure jumps to .675 during the playoffs."

It's that 12th man on the D, and ours sure needs whatever it can get!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                    So, your excuse is that San Diego didn't beat Denver fair and square on both sides of the ball and that Manning and crew "played down" to the San Diego Chargers? San Diego's defense held your offense under 20 points nearly the entire game until late in the 4th qtr. Ryan Matthews had a HUGE day running all over your defense who got completely exposed. Von Miller was MIA. Denver bled all over the field and got their rear ends handed to them by the San Diego Chargers. Manning was forced into mistake after mistake and ended up throwing a critical pick late in the game after your O line continued collapsing play after play and punting away the ball.

Game Facts:
                    Chargers gashed your defense for 177 rushing yards vs your measly 18 yds - No Show Moreno was also MIA
                    Chargers were 6-12, 50% on 3rd down conversions vs Broncos 2-9, 22%
                    Chargers were extremely balanced on first down conversions with 11 rushing, 10 passing vs Denvers 1 rushing and 16 passing - Broncos were forced into a 1 dimensional team and Manning on his arm alone could not beat the Chargers
                    Chargers completely dominated the game possessing the ball 38:49 vs the Broncos 21:11
                    Philip Rivers was extremely efficient with a 120.0 passer rating where vs. Manning's 92.4 well below his average.
                    Note: Manning is supposed to be the king of the 2nd half? Not in this game:
                    Manning 2nd half stats:
                    32-12, 37.5% comp, 171 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int, 53.0 rating
                    This sir is a complete collapse by the supposed best QB in the NFL right now.

These are the cold hard facts and you better hope the Bengals knock off the Chargers.

please crash123goburn, get your facts straight next time you open your mouth.
                    Last edited by NoRingNoGlory; 01-03-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

So, your excuse is that San Diego didn't beat Denver fair and square on both sides of the ball and that Manning and crew "played down" to the San Diego Chargers? San Diego's defense held your offense under 20 points nearly the entire game until late in the 4th qtr. Ryan Matthews had a HUGE day running all over your defense who got completely exposed. Von Miller was MIA. Denver bled all over the field and got their rear ends handed to them by the San Diego Chargers. Manning was forced into mistake after mistake and ended up throwing a critical pick late in the game after your O line continued collapsing play after play and punting away the ball.

Game Facts:
                      Chargers gashed your defense for 177 rushing yards vs your measly 18 yds - No Show Moreno was also MIA
                      Chargers were 6-12, 50% on 3rd down conversions vs Broncos 2-9, 22%
                      Chargers were extremely balanced on first down conversions with 11 rushing, 10 passing vs Denvers 1 rushing and 16 passing - Broncos were forced into a 1 dimensional team and Manning on his arm alone could not beat the Chargers
                      Chargers completely dominated the game possessing the ball 38:49 vs the Broncos 21:11
                      Philip Rivers was extremely efficient with a 120.0 passer rating where vs. Manning's 92.4 well below his average.
                      Note: Manning is supposed to be the king of the 2nd half? Not in this game:
                      Manning 2nd half stats:
                      32-12, 37.5% comp, 171 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int, 53.0 rating
                      This sir is a complete collapse by the supposed best QB in the NFL right now.

These are the cold hard facts and you better hope the Bengals knock off the Chargers.

please crash123goburn, get your facts straight next time you open your mouth.
                      Yet when someone brings up Cin/SD, you guys avoid it.

Cincy ran for 161 yards on SD last time, will they do that again?

SD played a perfect football game, and still Denver had a chance to tie the game up despite on a short week, and missing Welker among a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                        Agree with your other points Elway421 but the latter is not necessarily true. From NFL. COM: "Home teams have enjoyed a .575 winning percentage during the Super Bowl era, according to STATS. That figure jumps to .675 during the playoffs."

It's that 12th man on the D, and ours sure needs whatever it can get!
                        Oh I agree with you I was just saying theoretically. That is a good point I hear a lot of people on this board saying they don't want to play New England. That boggles my mind, this game will be in Denver not in New England & that will make a big difference. When is the last time NE even had to play a road playoff game. I remember a few years back they had to come here for a playoff game & didn't fair so well.

Comment

Oh I agree with you I was just saying theoretically. That is a good point I hear a lot of people on this board saying they don't want to play New England. That boggles my mind, this game will be in Denver not in New England & that will make a big difference. When is the last time NE even had to play a road playoff game. I remember a few years back they had to come here for a playoff game & didn't fair so well.
                          long time ago.

2006, AFCCG in Indy.

Others have been in NE since then.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            Yet when someone brings up Cin/SD, you guys avoid it.

Cincy ran for 161 yards on SD last time, will they do that again?

SD played a perfect football game, and still Denver had a chance to tie the game up despite on a short week, and missing Welker among a few others.
                            Who's avoiding talking about the Cin/SD game? I'm not.

Comment

Who's avoiding talking about the Cin/SD game? I'm not.
                              Never said that.

SD fans bring up the last SD/Den game as if that will happen again if they meet again so wont the same happen with Cin/SD by this logic?

Comment

Working...
                              X