Patriots whining vs Saints whining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots whining vs Saints whining

Now that Peyton Manning has broken 2 major passing records formerly held by Tom Brady and Drew Brees, there is considerable butthurt flowing out of the fans of both the Patriots and Saints. My question is, who do you think is worse?

Patriots
    -Only long TDs should count, not short ones. Brady threw way more long bombs for TDs than Manning! Plus Peyton wanted the record SO BAD that he would refuse to run the ball at the goal line! (don't mention the Broncos were top 10 in rushing TDs)
    -Doesn't matter because BRADY IS SO CLUTCH he spotted Peyton a 24 pt lead and HE STILL COULDN'T BEAT HIM. Peyton can never beat Brady! *gulps dunkin donuts coffee whilst pleasuring self to Brady poster*
    -Peyton is the king of stat padding! That's all he cares about! Whereas TOM TERRIFIC is all about the rings!
    -Give TOM all those weapons and he would break 60!!!!!!! TOM should be mvp considering the crap he had around him and they STILL went 12-4.
    -http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...l#.UsUH3tJDvm4

"Last year Brady ran the football 4 times for TDs, the Patriots ran it in 25 times. Compare that to the Packers last year when Aaron Rodgers was considered the strong second to AP for NFL MVP. The Packers only had 7 rushing TDs all year.

If we're playing this, how to manipulate stats based on speculation game, how many of those rushing TDs could have been converted into throwing TDs if the Patriots wanted? I'd say 22 of the 25. In my mind, Brady has the TD record of 56."

Saints
    -The league should change the Decker pass to a run! But there is no way they will upset their GOLDEN BOY. So of course the tainted record will stand.
    -Wahhhh the league hates the Saints!!!
    -Elias Sports Bureau has lost all credibility!
    -Everyone will know the TRUE RECORD HOLDER is BREESUS.
    -Let Peyton have it, it will make his postseason CHOKE all the more satisfying!
    -http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/sh...l#.UsT_bdJDvm4

"You can think Manning has the passed for more yards than Brees in a single regular season. You can also think that Santa Clause dropped off those presents under your tree. But in both cases you'd be wrong."
    /hangs self w Mardi Gras beads
    Patriots
    100.00%
    Saints
    0.00%
    Last edited by Broncos724; 01-01-2014, 10:45 PM.
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post

Patriots
    -Only long TDs should count, not short ones. Brady threw way more long bombs for TDs than Manning! Plus Peyton wanted the record SO BAD that he would refuse to run the ball at the goal line! (don't mention the Broncos were top 10 in rushing TDs)

Saints
    -The league should change the Decker pass to a run! But there is no way they will upset their GOLDEN BOY. So of course the tainted record will stand.
    Few observations off the top of my head:
    Patriots
    - It's kind of hard for Pats fans to hate on the distance of Peyton's touch downs when Josh McDaniels constantly orders up screen passes. That, and Randy Moss is the greatest deep ball receiver in NFL history, there's that too.
    Saints
    - Peyton would have broken the record regardless of whether that was a run or a pass. It would be kind of stupid to take the record away on a technicality after the fact.

I don't really care about the whole whining thing, but both of those arguments are ridiculous.

Comment

This should be a landslide! If you have any questions just go to the Pats board. Most Pats fans hated Manning long before he arrived in Denver & I guess I never really realized that until this season. I would say a lot of Pats fans spend just as much time talking about Manning as they do Brady. I can only hope we see them again in the playoffs, I would love nothing more than us sending them home, now that would really give something to talk about.

Comment

Oh the Patsies by far! It will ALWAYS be that way as long as they have Tammy Brady around too!
        sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

oh hands down, without a doubt, 100%, no questions asked it's the Patsie fans ... those people are the "taint" of NFL Fanbases!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
            Now that Peyton Manning has broken 2 major passing records formerly held by Tom Brady and Drew Brees, there is considerable butthurt flowing out of the fans of both the Patriots and Saints. My question is, who do you think is worse?

Patriots
            OK....lets break down the Cheatriots stupid claim about Brady thowing way more long bombs.

Tom Brady 2007 - 50 TDS
            Brady TDs from 1-5 yards = 16
            Brady TDs from 6-19 yards = 18
            Brady TDs from 20-39 yards = 7
            Brady TDs from 40+ yards = 9

Peyton Manning 2013 - 55 TDS

PM TDs from 1-5 yards = 19
            PM TDs from 6-19 yards = 18
            PM TDs from 20-39 yards = 14
            PM TDs from 40+ yards = 4

So...their long bomb claim is based on 5 more 40+ TDS?

And....Peyton has double the amount of tds in the 20-39 range!

And...it looks like Brady must have "refused to run the ball from the goal line" too with 16 TDS from short yardage

Last edited by johntbronco; 01-02-2014, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X