so long chiefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
    Yeah Baph. I can't even register to make an account. You can't even view a homepage or anything lol

I really doubt we ever do that here
    i wasn't even talking about that, i assumed arapaho was talking about all the crying their fans were doing after the loss, which is why i posted the link.

i have read GD here after a tough loss, its no different.
    i agree this place likely is never moderated like chiefsplanet or the official chargers message board, why do you think i am here and not there?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      i wasn't even talking about that, i assumed arapaho was talking about all the crying their fans were doing after the loss, which is why i posted the link.
      How were we supposed to know? Can't even open it up to see the sniveling.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
        Well as we were saying before they first played denver....overrated...a rateing padded by a series of rookie and backup qbs...once they hit the good qbs at the end of the schedule...1-5...1-6 if you count the post
        Agreed, they showed their defense can't hang with top offenses. However, I should point out that they are anything but who fans here said they were.

All we heard was how they couldn't win because Smith wasn't good enough, they didn't have a great vertical offense, couldn't keep up in a shoot out etc., and that that would be their undoing.

Anything but that is what happened. They kept up in a 45-44 shoot out. Their defense was their undoing, giving up 45, and the KC-DEN match up has proven not to be the ultimate offense versus defense show down it seemed to be.

I should also point out that while the QBs they played during their win streak mostly sucked, the significance of them being back ups is not what it was made to be. They weren't any worse, and were at times actually better than the QBs they replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
          They sat 20 of 22 starters last week and should have beat SD. I don't want to hear any excuses from KC fans about injuries.
          Agreed, the injuries are not to blame at all. The Chiefs back ups are good, you'd have to argue perhaps best in the league since they were able to almost beat a hot Chargers team in a game they needed. They put up 44 points, so it seems kind of dumb to blame the Charles injury. They could have done better winding clock, but Charles isn't really a clock killing type back anyhow.

As for the defense, Flowers injury may have hurt, but there is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for blowing a 38-10 lead, and giving up 45 points like that.

The Chiefs lost, and gave up what will probably be known as the 2nd best come back of all time(aside from Oilers-Bills 35-3 come back).

Comment

This year was just a joke. Yep....a really cruel joke!

Comment

Yes it was...im still chuckling
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by obi-groo View Post
                This year was just a joke. Yep....a really cruel joke!
                The Chiefs went from 2-14 to 11-5 and made the playoffs. They have a lot to build on for next year, you should focus on the positives not the negative trust me I sorta know how you feel after last year, 1996 and the worse feeling of them all losing a Superbowl 86,87, and 89. It could be worse, you guys will be back and better get Smith another wideout and a Tightend.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
                  Any Chief fans around? This place could be pretty void of any AFC West foe come tomorrow after the Bengals whoop up on the Chargers.
                  Yep, im still around. Definatly hurts the way we exited the season, but I think we have a lot to be excited about in Kansas City. And we need the AFC West to be represented in the bowl, so get-er-did guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianfrommissou View Post
                    Yep, im still around. Definatly hurts the way we exited the season, but I think we have a lot to be excited about in Kansas City. And we need the AFC West to be represented in the bowl, so get-er-did guys!!
                    Well....I can't understand ever rooting for a rival unless it helps the Chiefs or you have no choice. I don't want the AFC West represented in the Super Bowl unless it is the Chiefs....period. This week I have no choice but to root for a rival and since the Broncos are the stronger team....I must root for the Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                    X