Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers? Lol easy win

AFC Championship here we come!

I'm sick of these fair weather fans treating this game like we're the 10 point underdogs. It's absolutely hilarious, disappointing, and disturbing all at the same time.

I don't see any way the Chargers beat Denver, much less as "easily" as many posters here, and elsewhere, have been saying.

Denver has the better team head to toe, and worked the Chargers easily in SD. The score was 28-6 before Denver decided to stop scoring and try to kill the clock. The game was over by then. Two garbage time TDs by SD doesn't mean that was a close game at all.

Then the second meeting was Denver just not caring or taking the Chargers seriously. The team was more concerned with their upcoming long week after playing on Thursday than the very average team they had coming to play. The Chargers definitely didn't beat Denver, Denver beat itself. Having 3 separate 12 men on the field penalties wasn't SD beating Denver, nor was Nate Irving jumping offsides on 4th and 4. Same goes for Beadles inexplicably leaving his blocking assignment and blocking air, allowing Luiget to get a hand on manning a arm forcing the INT. As much as Denver shot themselves in the foot, and as little as they took the chargers seriously, they still nearly won with 50% effort.

Denver this time will take SD seriously, as it is a playoff game, and they learned their lesson last year. Denver is a much better team from top to bottom and this game should be settled by halftime. Denver will win by at least 2 scores.

Any Denver fan being "scared" or "worried" about this game just disgusts me. Bet your fan card on this game, there's no way the Broncos lose to such an average to below average team like the Chargers at home.

We have the greatest offense of all time, and the 19th ranked defense. 5 other playoff teams this year had worse defenses, and every team in the history of the game had worse offenses.

The chargers don't stand a chance.

42-10 Denver

Get em! Dolts cant touch us. Im predicting a double digit Dubya but a 42 - 10 would be awesomely awesome. Bring the Thunder Broncos country!
    Here we go Broncos Here we go!

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
      AFC Championship here we come!

Bet your fan card on this game, there's no way the Broncos lose to such an average to below average team like the Chargers at home.
      That's how I feel. I'm thinking there is absolutely no possible way this team loses to a 6 seed at home after last years debacle. I'll be utterly disgusted with the players if they allow the chargers to somehow win. There is no excuse to lose to the lowly chargers.
      Last edited by Justblaze2729; 01-08-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I would just like the record to show that the OP's comments do not reflect the views of all Bronco fans...

Are you serious? SD is a huge threat. The first game was not nearly the blowout you are making it out to be. Yes, the Broncos got up on the Chargers 28-6 early in the second half, but the game was definitely not over. The Chargers did not just score twice in garbage time - they scored with 8:38 remaining in the third to make it a 2 score game. And then they cut the lead down to 8 (one possession) with 10:42 left in the game. That's nowhere near two junk time scores like the Raiders did in week 17. That's a legitimate comeback attempt that, fortunately for us Broncos fans, came up short. And the Chargers beat us pretty good in the second meeting. If our defense cannot get off the field on 3rd downs (like what happened in week 15), then the Chargers have a really good chance at upsetting us.

I'm not scared or nervous or trying to jump ship on the Broncos, but I'm also not overlooking a very solid NFL team that is playing well over the last month or so. Anything can happen. Do I think the Broncos will lose? No, I do not. But to come out and say the Chargers have absolutely no chance is pretty ignorant IMO.
        Last edited by berlownacyo7s; 01-08-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Sometimes I just LOL...smh
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
            I would just like the record to show that the OP's comments do not reflect the views of all Bronco fans...

Are you serious? SD is a huge threat. The first game was not nearly the blowout you are making it out to be. Yes, the Broncos got up on the Chargers 28-6 early in the second half, but the game was definitely not over. The Chargers did not just score twice in garbage time - they scored with 8:38 remaining in the third to make it a 2 score game. And then they cut the lead down to 8 (one possession) with 10:42 left in the game. That's nowhere near two junk time scores like the Raiders did in week 17. That's a legitimate comeback attempt that, fortunately for us Broncos fans, came up short. And the Chargers beat us pretty good in the second meeting. If our defense cannot get off the field on 3rd downs (like what happened in week 15), then the Chargers have a really good chance at upsetting us.

I'm not scared or nervous or trying to jump ship on the Broncos, but I'm also not overlooking a very solid NFL team that is playing well over the last month or so. Anything can happen. Do I think the Broncos will lose? No, I do not. But to come out and say the Chargers have absolutely no chance is pretty ignorant IMO.

Yes after they were gifted a strip sack on the SD 25 yard line by Manning.....without that the score looks a lot worse

Comment

Agreed 100%. I hope the OP is right, but I'm a little worried. The Chargers have nothing to lose in this matchup as nobody expects them to win anyways. We are the team with all the pressure. It'll be a tough contest throughout, no way we blow them out. And by the way, if we get up on them big again Fox better not take his foot off the gas, they can score quick and often, a 28-6 lead can be 34-28 real quick with their offense and our defense!
              Last edited by KWHIT97; 01-08-2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Every fan base should be worried this time a year. Not one game is a for sure W. With that said I think we win this game.
                sigpic

Comment

See how my post has my name above it? Yeah that means those are my words, not the entire fanbase.

In fact the outside view of our fanbase is scared. And that's disappointing.

Comment

I am not quite as confident as you but I still think the Broncos win 38-17.
                    sigpic
                    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                      Sometimes I just LOL...smh
                      So do I. When I read all these idiot doom and gloom posts and chargers fans crazy confident on their board, saying our team and fans are scared, and how Denver will be, and I quote, a cakewalk.

Do you guys really think SD has any chance? That's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                        I am not quite as confident as you but I still think the Broncos win 38-17.
                        Well that would be winning by at least two scores, same idea as me, so cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                          So do I. When I read all these idiot doom and gloom posts and chargers fans crazy confident on their board, saying our team and fans are scared, and how Denver will be, and I quote, a cakewalk.

Do you guys really think SD has any chance? That's hilarious.
                          San Diego has a strong chance.
                          sigpic

Comment

The greatest thing about this game is the uncertainty. These two teams always play each other tough. Manning could be the best QB the NFL has ever seen. The Bolts seem to give Peyton problems, however. Couldn't wish for a better match up. Can't wait.

Comment

Agreed 100%. Everyone is worried because they listen to ESPN and NFLN too much. Could the Broncos lose? Sure it is possible. But it wont happen. SD is going to come out with the same gameplan as they have the last 2 games. Does anyone really think Manning and the coaching staff aren't going to make any adjustments to how they played SD the previous two times? The Broncos are a far more talented team than the Chargers. I have no question every player on this team is going to give their all especially after what happened last season. I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos play their best game to date. And when they do they will dominate.

Comment

Working...
                              X