• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    kishzilla
    All-Pro

• kishzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Not obviously a bolts fan but, absolutely not....Put Carter back there if Harris can't go.
    Carter obviously did something to make the Coaching staff reluctant to play him anymore, because he went from getting praise last year to not even dressing out yesterday. I gotta think there is a legit reason they don't want him on the field.

They either coach up Jammer, or we are left with Webster who has a jacked up hand with a cast on it. I think Jammer HAS to get the start, and if he can't get it done in the beginning of the game, you put Webster in there. Carter will dress for this game, but I doubt he plays much.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    Recovering Smackaholic

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I don't know this draft seems like it is pretty strong on Qb's and Oline. So a LT may fall to you guys, but yeah trying to get a good one can be tough, but hey we grabbed Franklin in the second and he has been a solid RT for us. I know you said LT but there is always hope that one could fall in a deep class.
    yeah, i am confident we can get a decent value pick at a position of need in the first round, i just hope its either LT or CB. i honestly hope we don't do anything major in FA unless its for a good receiver.

i would like us to draft another RB too, preferably a mike tolbert 2.0. man i wish we still had that guy with this offense.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    hell yeah, i agree. we need a big target receiver to stretch the field and we need to get green more involved in the passing game, not sure about gates anymore. we should trade for Vincent Jackson.

although if there was a quality LT available in the first round i would jump on that i think before a CB, but there probably wont be one available by the time we pick anyways.
    I don't know this draft seems like it is pretty strong on Qb's and Oline. So a LT may fall to you guys, but yeah trying to get a good one can be tough, but hey we grabbed Franklin in the second and he has been a solid RT for us. I know you said LT but there is always hope that one could fall in a deep class.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    Recovering Smackaholic

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by SDERA View Post
    Yeah we need to spend a couple high picks at CB, they are terrible, I can't believe Derek Cox went full Robert Meachem on us, that killed us. Richard Marshall and Marc Gilchrist are just guys, and Shareece Wright looks like Jammer 2.0 in that he drops picks and gets beat deep too often, but is a good tackler.

Can't wait to see what Keenan Allen becomes, had he started the season he may darn well have been a pro bowler as a rookie. Vincent Brown was a huge disappointment, Floyd may hang it up with that neck injury, and Alexander despite being a monster talent can't be relied upon. So we will need a true #2 receiver.

Overall, I think the Chargers are right back here next year. Just a few touch ups to the roster via FA and the draft.
    hell yeah, i agree. we need a big target receiver to stretch the field and we need to get green more involved in the passing game, not sure about gates anymore. we should trade for Vincent Jackson.

although if there was a quality LT available in the first round i would jump on that i think before a CB, but there probably wont be one available by the time we pick anyways.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    Football Immortal

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by SDERA View Post
    Yeah we need to spend a couple high picks at CB, they are terrible, I can't believe Derek Cox went full Robert Meachem on us, that killed us. Richard Marshall and Marc Gilchrist are just guys, and Shareece Wright looks like Jammer 2.0 in that he drops picks and gets beat deep too often, but is a good tackler.

Can't wait to see what Keenan Allen becomes, had he started the season he may darn well have been a pro bowler as a rookie. Vincent Brown was a huge disappointment, Floyd may hang it up with that neck injury, and Alexander despite being a monster talent can't be relied upon. So we will need a true #2 receiver.

Overall, I think the Chargers are right back here next year. Just a few touch ups to the roster via FA and the draft.
    McCoy's done a great job. I dont know what you guys cap situation looks like but who wouldn't want to live in San Diego should be a good offseason for you guys. If you guys have anymore Phillips or Vasquez's you wanna get rid of we'd love to have them.

Leave a comment:

• SDERA
    Practice Squad

• SDERA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    Playmaker

• Beagle
    replied
    I think Tony Carter lost the coaches trust acting to crazy..going for the big play. He has the tools IMHO. I wonder if he will be this years Moreno if given the chance vs the Pats

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    Football Immortal

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    My response has nothing to do with Rivers the fact is Denver has a qb that should be back next year and a young back up that should get a shot once Manning hangs them up.
    Rivers should retire a Charger.
    San Diego's management has done some bone headed things over the years, but I highly doubt they let Rivers walk.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    Football Immortal

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco 7 View Post
    Ah C'mon, I really disliked the man till yesterday. Ecspecially after the game. I thought Rivers really handled himself well after the game. He congratulated Manning and as he was walking off the feild, he waved to the Bronco fans. I thought that was pretty classy.
    My response has nothing to do with Rivers the fact is Denver has a qb that should be back next year and a young back up that should get a shot once Manning hangs them up.
    Rivers should retire a Charger.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    Football Immortal

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Against the Pats I almost would prefer Webster because I don't want to see Carter trying to tackle because he is terrible. Webster has shown that he is a pretty good tackler and is solid in coverage, he just lacks the looking for the ball. But in a game where I expect the pats to run a lot I would rather have a tackler in Webster over a coverage corner in Carter.
    I would agree with you but I dont know how well Webster can tackle with the cast on his hand. I believe thats why jammer played so much

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    Football Immortal

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco 7 View Post
    Ah C'mon, I really disliked the man till yesterday. Ecspecially after the game. I thought Rivers really handled himself well after the game. He congratulated Manning and as he was walking off the feild, he waved to the Bronco fans. I thought that was pretty classy.
    Yeah, I don't really dislike Rivers either. He's a spaz, but that's not really a reason to dislike the guy. I just get a kick out of his antics with the play clock running out. It looked like someone on the Broncos defense was imitating him yesterday. Don't know who it was.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    Chargers in 2012!!

• jcdavey
    replied
    rivers is a great person, him and manning are actually friends, he's worked at manning's off season camp with kids

rivers is just really really passionate about the sport

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    Chargers in 2012!!

• jcdavey
    replied
    the only problem i noticed jammer having over the years, well 2 , was he has dropped some ints before, and sometimes he doesn't look back, in coverage

thats what sometimes gets flags drawn on him, he used to be a real flag magnet

Leave a comment:

• Bronco 7
    Practice Squad

• Bronco 7
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Im going to pretend I didn't just read that!

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    Football Immortal

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    better watch it again..i believe it was on the 4th down where rivers got 49 yards

that was his guy ...he had coverage, and I don't know why but he stopped or hesitated and looked back across the field..and then realized his guy was wide open..too late
    Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X