Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Denver Worried About thePats Run Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    I get the same knot as you, im always more interested if our d will show up. I wish Sunday would get here already I hate all talk.
    I got too much on my plate to worry about football...I post here breaks and lunches but school starting back up. I'm trying to just not thing about it till Sunday (not very succesfully) Gonna be a long freaking week but at least I have my school work to somewhat distract me. (and my normal 40 hour a week job)

I actually don't feel nearly as aprehensive about this game as I did the Chargers game but that could just be because my brother in law is a chargers fan and I didn't want to listen to him for months on end if they won.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      I got too much on my plate to worry about football...I post here breaks and lunches but school starting back up. I'm trying to just not thing about it till Sunday (not very succesfully) Gonna be a long freaking week but at least I have my school work to somewhat distract me. (and my normal 40 hour a week job)

I actually don't feel nearly as aprehensive about this game as I did the Chargers game but that could just be because my brother in law is a chargers fan and I didn't want to listen to him for months on end if they won.
      I hear you my best friend is a charger fan, our families go on vacation together and him and his kids are brutal!
      Thats cool your busy so you dont get caught up in all the media's opinions. My wife hears me yelling at the tv and ask why I waste my time listening to Skip Bayless and the guys on Nfl network. Even though shes right I tell her probably the same reason you watch those real house wife shows!
      58Miller
      Football Immortal
      Last edited by 58Miller; 01-15-2014, 04:16 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

you should be more worried about brady, like peyton is no doubt
        sigpic

Comment

NE has the best rushing offense right now they are hot and thus they can keep our offense off the field. Its not just the playoffs before that in the last 3 games they had the 2nd best rushing attack in the game next to Philly. People talk about them because they are hot.

Though in the last 3 games before the postseason after we lost our best run stopper Vickerson we stepped up and have had the best run D of any team that made the playoffs tied with Seattle. All season we were 7th overall I think our team does a good enough job making teams one dimensional when they stay focused.

In the last 4 games NE has rushed the ball over 170 times this team is focused on taking time off the clock if we can stop them from accomplishing that we can take them off their game plan like we did with SD
          Joshecalpoly
          Starter
          Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-16-2014, 12:51 PM.
          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I hear you my best friend is a charger fan, our families go on vacation together and him and his kids are brutal!
            Thats cool your busy so you dont get caught up in all the media's opinions. My wife hears me yelling at the tv and ask why I waste my time listening to Skip Bayless and the guys on Nfl network. Even though shes right I tell her probably the same reason you watch those real house wife shows!
            Well there's your problem....never listen to skip...EVER....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Well there's your problem....never listen to skip...EVER....
              Haha! Yeah your right, his Tebow support tricked me into liking him ( he was wrong on tebow to).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
                I think you've hit on the problem that NE presents for Denver.

The balanced attack that the Pats have been displaying is going to be difficult to stop. Blount and Ridley are the real deal, provided they don't hand the ball over as they did last time these teams faced off. Brady, who hasn't had to carry his team on his back alone, as he has in the past few years, should be able to contribute in the good weather if the O-line gives him the time. Minus Von, the Denver pass rush is nothing to fear. San Diego made them look good because their RT played like crap.

As to the Denver run game, and Moreno's performance last time.....that was in large part the NE game plan. I'd be very surprised if Denver runs for more than a buck and a quarter on Sunday. And more importantly, although NE has given up a lot of yards on the ground, they haven't allowed as many TDs on the ground as Denver, if I recall correctly.

Overall, Denver probably has the better offense, but the difference is you have Manning and we have Brady!
                You always sound like you are trying to talk yourself into what you post.
                sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
                  You always sound like you are trying to talk yourself into what you post.
                  I guess that's your way of saying you disagree.

Comment

They've run for 200+ yards the last 3 or 4 games.

It's something to be very worried about.

Comment

Legarrett Blount had a big night in the Divisional playoff game against the Colts. And of course we are hearing for the second week in a row how our run defense is in trouble.
                      Indy has the 26th ranked run d.
                      The truth is the Pats should have ran all over the Colts and scored 43 (KC scored 44 on them)!
                      Last time Denver faced the Pats the Broncos rushed for 280 yds against the pats 30th ranked run d.
                      The Pats need to fear Denvers run game just as much, if not more.
                      Why is Denver Worried About thePats Run Game?

They're not - the talking heads are making something of it though.

Indy's reg season defense was ranked 20th just under ...... Denver(19th) ... but as is usually the case, you have to dig deeper into the stats - just one single layer deeper we find ...

Indy's reg season passing defense was ranked 13th and Denver 27th.
                      But...
                      ... the Rushing defense reg season rankings were Indy 26th - Denver 7th

What do you think New England's game plan will be? To not pass like last week? No way. They'll pass it. I'm 100% sure they'll try to run it and they'll shoot for a balanced attack. But Denver will make them pass because they'll stop the run pretty much. Tony Carter will be a target. It will be critical for our front 4 to get to Brady and if it takes 5 to get to him - do it. He needs to be hit - he needs to be moved out of the pocket.

By the way - Denver is ranked #1 in total defense amongst all 12 postseason teams that have participated this playoff season. per game average
                      dizzolve
                      Orange Rush
                      Last edited by dizzolve; 01-17-2014, 07:13 AM.
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        They've run for 200+ yards the last 3 or 4 games.

It's something to be very worried about.
                        How many teams have done that to us though? And remember we put up over 200 last time we faced them. This time the wind shouldn't be an issue so we'll get some passing in on top of that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          you should be more worried about brady, like peyton is no doubt
                          Peyton has no worries about Brady..unless he is our replacement for Harris? or perhaps Brady plays defense now? Chargers fans
                          Originally posted by baphamet
                          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            Peyton has no worries about Brady..unless he is our replacement for Harris? or perhaps Brady plays defense now? Chargers fans
                            With the receiving core the Patsies have...Manning has his guy on lock down! :thumb:
                            sigpic

Comment

SD ran well when Matthews was healthy. NE will run...successfully? IDK.

Comment

Legarrett Blount had a big night in the Divisional playoff game against the Colts. And of course we are hearing for the second week in a row how our run defense is in trouble.
                                Indy has the 26th ranked run d.
                                The truth is the Pats should have ran all over the Colts and scored 43 (KC scored 44 on them)!
                                Last time Denver faced the Pats the Broncos rushed for 280 yds against the pats 30th ranked run d.
                                The Pats need to fear Denvers run game just as much, if not more.
                                The Pats have a run game? News to me.....

Comment

Working...
                                X