X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Denver Super Bowl Teams Comparison 97, 98, 13

Ok Denver Fans,
    I'm just curious

If you were to rate your 3 Super Bowl Teams from 97, 98, 2013 which would you say is your best overall product and why?

If you were to rate your most threatening opponent from the three years mentioned who would it be and why?

Do you think your team is one dimensional or multi-dimensional going into this game vs the Seahawks?

And the final question is without a viable running threat what are your chances of Manning putting up 400+ yards on the Seahawks pass defense with the game on his shoulders?

Do you seriously think they are going to just sit back there and allow Manning to pick them apart play after play after play?

Just curious......
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

And if I left any other questions out please free to ask ....
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

does it have to be an opponent we faced? cause honestly the vikings were crazy good in the 98 season. They really should have beaten the falcons in the NFCCG and the superbowl would have been more interesting if we played them.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
        Ok Denver Fans,
        I'm just curious

If you were to rate your 3 Super Bowl Teams from 97, 98, 2013 which would you say is your best overall product and why?

If you were to rate your most threatening opponent from the three years mentioned who would it be and why?

Do you think your team is one dimensional or multi-dimensional going into this game vs the Seahawks?

And the final question is without a viable running threat what are your chances of Manning putting up 400+ yards on the Seahawks pass defense with the game on his shoulders?

Do you seriously think they are going to just sit back there and allow Manning to pick them apart play after play after play?

Just curious......
        1998 was the best team. HOF QB, RB (should be), TE, OL, WR (Should be), DE, K, Outstanding FB and Secondary, too. Toughest competition were GB Packers
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Probably 97-98, this team isnt quite as good as those imo.

If we had everyone healthy thats another story.

Good question though

Comment

Ok Denver Fans,
            I'm just curious

Just curious......
            ummmmmm all better than any of the chargers teams the least 20 years...

Comment

Ok Denver Fans,
              I'm just curious

Just curious......
              Shoot, from the crap I just heard from Heath Evans, Wes "the hitman" welkah is gonna knock every SEA DB out of the game 1 by 1!

Comment

Ok Denver Fans,
                I'm just curious

Just curious......
                No viable running threat? Have you not been watching the Broncos recently? 130 yds rushing vs the Chargers and 100 yds rushing vs the Patriots...couple that with the obviously stellar passing game and you get a team that has punted once in two playoff games. The Seahawks are of course a different test altogether and we haven't faced a defense like they have, but at the same time they haven't faced an offense like us. So it'll be a fantastic matchup. But we are far from one-dimensional on offense.

And IMO the 98 team is still better. The way the current D is playing lately they might give them a run, but the rushing offense that the 98 team had was just simply incredible. When a team can run at will, and also have a HoF QB, it is very very hard to stop a team like that.
                sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Ok Denver Fans,
                  I'm just curious

Just curious......
                  The '98 team was soooo dominate on both sides of the ball I will give them the edge as best team among the three.

As far as biggest threat in those years GB Super Bowl 32 went in as huge underdogs and got the W.

We are a multidimensional team on the offensive side of the ball...Great O-Line play all year has allowed us to be. (Also having that Manning guy and all those weapons on the outside doesn't hurt ) I think our defense is good enough. They aren't great....but they aren't as bad as lots would like you to think. Again stout front 7 play (particularly in the playoffs thus far) has made them good enough.

We have had a viable run game all year. Peyton wont need 400+ to win this game.Seattle's offense is just not very good.

I expect that Seattle will try to use their front 4 to get to peyton primarily because that is really what they have done much of the season. They have a great D Line.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
                    No viable running threat? Have you not been watching the Broncos recently? 130 yds rushing vs the Chargers and 100 yds rushing vs the Patriots...couple that with the obviously stellar passing game and you get a team that has punted once in two playoff games. The Seahawks are of course a different test altogether and we haven't faced a defense like they have, but at the same time they haven't faced an offense like us. So it'll be a fantastic matchup. But we are far from one-dimensional on offense.

And IMO the 98 team is still better. The way the current D is playing lately they might give them a run, but the rushing offense that the 98 team had was just simply incredible. When a team can run at will, and also have a HoF QB, it is very very hard to stop a team like that.
                    I was going to ask the same thing. "One dimensional"? Playoffs: 79PAtt/630Yds 62RAtt/240Yds. It doesn't get much more balanced than that. Non dimensional would be something like 194PYds/65RYds. That would suck.

And I agree. The 98 Broncos may have gone undefeated had it not been for that hail mary in NY. One of the ten best teams in league history.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                      I was going to ask the same thing. "One dimensional"? Playoffs: 79PAtt/630Yds 62RAtt/240Yds. It doesn't get much more balanced than that. Non dimensional would be something like 194PYds/65RYds. That would suck.

And I agree. The 98 Broncos may have gone undefeated had it not been for that hail mary in NY. One of the ten best teams in league history.
                      The Edge
                      Passing: 2013 (followed by 98)
                      Rushing: 1998 (followed by 97)
                      Receiving: 1998 (followed by 97)
                      Kicking: 2013 (followed by 98)
                      Passing D: 1997 (followed by 98)
                      Rushing D: 1998 (followed by 13)
                      Secondary: 1997 (followed by 98)
                      Pass Rush: 1998 (followed by 97)
                      Overall Dominance in that Year: 2013

I think when you look at who was a better team I think 1998 was better in comparison but our team dominates more this year then we had in the past. Then again the 2007 Pats were the most dominant player in history. Then again football has gotten softer and softer each year
                      Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-21-2014, 10:03 AM.
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Now compare our opponents:
                        Passing: Atlanta
                        Rushing: Seattle
                        Receiving: Atlanta
                        Kicking: Seattle
                        Passing D: Green Bay
                        Rushing D: Atlanta
                        Secondary: Seattle
                        Pass Rush: Seattle
                        Overall Dominance: Seattle

Yes I have to say they are probably the best team weve faced in the last 3 SB appearances but they are also very young which could change things. They have 0 SB experience, and the last team to do that were the Bills who lost in 1990 (the first of 4)
                        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-21-2014, 10:22 AM.
                        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Broncos Penalized Again for Salary Cap Violations

that the Broncos' circumvention of the salary cap helped them win the Super Bowl in the 1997 and '98 seasons

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerfreak1 View Post
                            Broncos Penalized Again for Salary Cap Violations

that the Broncos' circumvention of the salary cap helped them win the Super Bowl in the 1997 and '98 seasons
                            Yes Denver manipulated the salary cap. They paid John Elway under the table to free up cap space.
                            They cheated, if you really want believe John Elway would have left had they not done so then fine but they still had to win games.
                            Note: San Fransico was caught doing the same thing in 94 when they beat the bolts.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              Yes Denver manipulated the salary cap. They paid John Elway under the table to free up cap space.
                              They cheated, if you really want believe John Elway would have left had they not done so then fine but they still had to win games.
                              Note: San Fransico was caught doing the same thing in 94 when they beat the bolts.

they didn't pay Elway under the table...he had an existing contract and he and TD had league approved contract modifacations that paid them the contract amount...but at a later date, al davis took exception because he lost his case against shannahan. the question of it was...interest...the second fine was for the deferred payment to the union retirement and health...since they didn't actually pay Elway and TD what was claimed the broncos didn't put the required amount into the fund, had they simply paid into it, the fine would never have happened
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X