Is it possible for us to win.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nicehawk View Post
    Thats fine, what I'm wondering is when its all said and done, are you willing to acknowledge the possibility that you were wrong?
    Will you???

Comment

And Ive already explained why your reasoning was faulty. 'Dominating' (funny you chose that BTW) the chargers or the pats holds no bearing on who the better team is between the broncos and Seahawks, doesnt even hold any bearing on if the chargers or pats were better than the saints or 9ers to begin with.
      When I say dominating, I mean playing good on O and on D for a majority of the playoffs.

With the Chargers game, they could only get momentum going late in the third quarter when Harris went down and Rivers was able to exploit the hell out of Jammer. With the Patriots game, they could not get any momentum going until the 4th quarter when we decided to go prevent and wind the clock down.

Your team did decently against the Saints, and barely escaped Kaep and the Niners. Your team has NOT been solid on either side of the ball really, especially in the NFCCG. That "#1 defense" should not have allowed the game to be dictated by the final drive of the game, if that defense was indeed a "#1 defense," how come they did NOT stop Kaep and Co from driving in the final minutes of the game that nearly kept your team from reaching the SB?
      "It's not wanting to win that makes you a winner, it's refusing to fail."

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude's rug View Post
        Will you???
        Absolutely. Your defense is good....enough, and your offense is stacked with weapons, with Peyton freaking manning moving the chess pieces.

Comment

Of course, Seattle didnt get to the SB based off luck.

They have a good team.

It depends on 2 things.

Turnovers and weather, if the weather is fine and we dont turn it over, it will take a hell of an effort from the Hawks.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteeler13 View Post
            When I say dominating, I mean playing good on O and on D for a majority of the playoffs.

With the Chargers game, they could only get momentum going late in the third quarter when Harris went down and Rivers was able to exploit the hell out of Jammer. With the Patriots game, they could not get any momentum going until the 4th quarter when we decided to go prevent and wind the clock down.

Your team did decently against the Saints, and barely escaped Kaep and the Niners. Your team has NOT been solid on either side of the ball really, especially in the NFCCG. That "#1 defense" should not have allowed the game to be dictated by the final drive of the game, if that defense was indeed a "#1 defense," how come they did NOT stop Kaep and Co from driving in the final minutes of the game that nearly kept your team from reaching the SB?
            Lol, how is that any different. How is shutting out drew Brees and the saints for 3 quarters 'decent', but doing it to the chargers is 'dominant'? Can you please address your hypocrisy?

And as Ive been saying to you in every reply, what if the 49ers and saints are actually better teams than the chargers and patriots were. Were does that leave you and your reasoning?

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              Of course, Seattle didnt get to the SB based off luck.

They have a good team.

It depends on 2 things.

Turnovers and weather, if the weather is fine and we dont turn it over, it will take a hell of an effort from the Hawks.
              Can weather really be an excuse tho? Both teams know what they are getting into, both teams have to deal with the elements, etc.

Comment

Thats fine, what I'm wondering is when its all said and done, are you willing to acknowledge the possibility that you were wrong?
                You know I don't consider myself an expert on football...but I do know that Denver's offense has dominated some of the best defenses in the league and I believe they will do the same with Seattle. I also think that Denver's defense is much better than their stats indicate. I will happily admit it if I am wrong. My ego, my life and my future does not depend on the outcome of this game. However, I doubt you will have the same attitude towards being wrong. We will likely never hear from you again if Seattle loses.
                Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

Holding drew Brees to what, 70 some odd yards through 3 quarters is average? Lol, okay homer.

Oh and guess what, niners > chargers or pats. Better receivers, better line, better back, better d line, better linebackers, better secondary. Deal with it.

Pretty much the bulk of your post is irrelevant reasoning.
                  Quit trying to have an intelligent conversation with this guy.

Waste.Of.Time.

Comment

Lol, how is that any different. How is shutting out drew Brees and the saints for 3 quarters 'decent', but doing it to the chargers is 'dominant'? Can you please address your hypocrisy?

And as Ive been saying to you in every reply, what if the 49ers and saints are actually better teams than the chargers and patriots were. Were does that leave you and your reasoning?
                    The Saints kicker missed two field goals, and your offense was not getting past that Saints defense after the half.

Out of the Chargers, Pats, Saints and 49ers, the Niners are the best team. Kaep is capable of being an explosive QB and making critical big plays, his biggest fault is that he is prone to making boneheaded moves, like attempting to force the ball into the endzone under double coverage with two timeouts remaining. Had this been a Broncos-49ers SB, I'd still be cheering on the Broncos, but I'd be leaning more towards the Niners seeing as they were just in the SB a year ago, and I'd expect Kaep to have a good day against our D, as he did with yours in the NFCCG. Against your team, I like our chances: we have a wicked smart QB with plenty of weapons and capable of extending drives and eating up the clock, and a D that despite all adversity this year, has molded together and is playing lights out. It's going to be a close game, but I enjoy Denver's chances: turnovers and time of possession are going to be key on who wins this game.

Comment

Originally posted by L.O.B. View Post
                      Quit trying to have an intelligent conversation with this guy.

Waste.Of.Time.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteeler13 View Post
                        The Saints kicker missed two field goals, and your offense was not getting past that Saints defense after the half.

Out of the Chargers, Pats, Saints and 49ers, the Niners are the best team. Kaep is capable of being an explosive QB and making critical big plays, his biggest fault is that he is prone to making boneheaded moves, like attempting to force the ball into the endzone under double coverage with two timeouts remaining. Had this been a Broncos-49ers SB, I'd still be cheering on the Broncos, but I'd be leaning more towards the Niners seeing as they were just in the SB a year ago, and I'd expect Kaep to have a good day against our D, as he did with yours in the NFCCG. Against your team, I like our chances: we have a wicked smart QB with plenty of weapons and capable of extending drives and eating up the clock, and a D that despite all adversity this year, has molded together and is playing lights out. It's going to be a close game, but I enjoy Denver's chances: turnovers and time of possession are going to be key on who wins this game.
                        I agree with most of what you said, and disagree with some. But ultimately, fair enough. Hopefully you can get to the point of giving us our fair credit. We were/are better than the saints, we/are better than the niners.

And possibly, we are better than the broncos.

Comment

I agree with most of what you said, and disagree with some. But ultimately, fair enough. Hopefully you can get to the point of giving us our fair credit. We were/are better than the saints, we/are better than the niners.

And possibly, we are better than the broncos.
                          That's just it, I don't believe the Seahawks are anywhere near as good as the Broncos, period.

Your team reminds me EXACTLY of the 1998 Atlanta Falcons we smoked in Super Bowl XXXIII. That team was young and brash and mouthy too, had a great RB in Jamal Anderson...and just like that game, the Broncos defense was under-rated and dominant. I think people have seriously been discounting the Broncos defense, which if you actually took the time to figure out why they had been suspect at times this season was because of injuries. We were beat up all season long until the last four weeks when we have been getting more and more healthy, and now we are as healthy as we have been since week one.

Bottom line: Peyton Manning vs The Midget...um, yeah, you can have the Midget. I just don't believe the Seahawks can score enough to seriously challenge us, and if you think you are going to shut down our offense with two weeks to prepare...we'll, your just kidding yourself....and I'm telling you now, your defense is NOT great at stopping the run, and Knowshon IS going to hurt your defense.

Peyton Manning, Champ Bailey, John Fox, Shaun Phillips, Knowshon Moreno, Jack Del Rio...
                          we have a ton of players and coaches that have coached or played for a long time, some with SB experience, some without, and this opportunity is not going to slip past them.

My only concern for this game was wind, but it looks like a kickoff temp at approx. 33 degrees and only a 6-8mph wind with snow possible in the second half. That favors Manning because your press coverage will have to accommodate the footing.

In the end, I just don't see the game being that close. The Broncos are the better, more dangerous team and No 1 offenses are 12-3 in Super Bowls...meanwhile teams with zero experience in the Super Bowls are 1-4.

Make that 13-3 for the offense.

Denver 33
                          Seattle 16
                          Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 01-25-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
                            That's just it, I don't believe the Seahawks are anywhere near as good as the Broncos, period.

Your team reminds me EXACTLY of the 1998 Atlanta Falcons we smoked in Super Bowl XXXIII. That team was young and brash and mouthy too, had a great RB in Jamal Anderson...and just like that game, the Broncos defense was under-rated and dominant. I think people have seriously been discounting the Broncos defense, which if you actually took the time to figure out why they had been suspect at times this season was because of injuries. We were beat up all season long until the last four weeks when we have been getting more and more healthy, and now we are as healthy as we have been since week one.

Bottom line: Peyton Manning vs The Midget...um, yeah, you can have the Midget.

Peyton Manning, Champ Bailey, John Fox, Shaun Phillips, Knowshon Moreno, Jack Del Rio...
                            we have a ton of players and coaches that have coached or played a long time, and this opportunity is not going to slip past them.

My only concern for this game is wind,. but it looks like a kickoff temp at approx. 33 degrees and 6-8mph in the wind with snow possible in the second half. That favors Manning because you press coverage will have to accommodate the footing. I just don't see the game being that close. The Broncos are the better, more dangerous team and N0 1 offense are 12-3 in Super Bowls.

Make that 13-3.

Denver 33
                            Seattle 16
                            You're just the idiot kicker who is probably boozing up

Comment

You're just the idiot kicker who is probably boozing up
                              That's short for you have no answer....just like your team.

Run along and play now, little Seachickie

Dirty Birds, Part II...hahahahahaha
                              Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 01-25-2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
                                That's short for you have no answer....just like your team.

Run along and play now, little Seachickie
                                Hey boozed up idiot kicker, do you think I really care to address everybody's wall of text that contains nothing more than emotional reasoning?

Brb, this game reminds me of the great Oakland offense going against the great Tampa bay defense. Oh, and we have Pete Carroll so we're gonna win.

Comment

Working...
                                X