X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Pete
    replied
    Originally posted by nicehawk View Post
    Hey boozed up idiot kicker, do you think I really care to address everybody's wall of text that contains nothing more than emotional reasoning?

Brb, this game reminds me of the great Oakland offense going against the great Tampa bay defense. Oh, and we have Pete Carroll so we're gonna win.
    Darn straight!
    And I'll take our "midget" over their STATUE any day. Hey Bronco fans, do you designate a player each game whose duty it is to shoo pigeons away from Manning?

Leave a comment:

• Idiot_Kicker
    replied
    Hey boozed up idiot kicker, do you think I really care to address everybody's wall of text that contains nothing more than emotional reasoning?

Brb, this game reminds me of the great Oakland offense going against the great Tampa bay defense. Oh, and we have Pete Carroll so we're gonna win.
    You actually believe Pete Carroll gives you a tactical edge??

Hahahah, that's funny....maybe John Fox can draw on the experience of Mack Brown with Texas, because if that guy can outcoach your boy in a big game, and Brown did, then uh, yeah, I don't think we have that much to worry about.

Our coaching staff is considered to be among the best by NFL players themselves, and that's good enough for me. Fox has two Bowls and a near miss loss to the Patriots and Belichick, so forgive us if we're not losing sleep over the prospect of what Carroll and crew might scheme up.

You have ZERO edge on the sideline, my friend, zero.

...oh, and since Carroll didn't coach Peyton as Gruden did Rich Gannon, your game comparison is laughable, as is comparing Manning with Gannon in the first place.

You're team has a lot in common with those Atlanta Falcons...Ray Buchanon running his mouth, run oriented, defensive team with limited offensive capabilities, against the best offense in the game, just as the Broncos were then...

What's funniest of all is that you actually seem to think your team can win this game...well, scratch that, deep down, I don't believe even you believe the Seafowl can win.

It took smart the Vegas money about two hours to completely flip the line as to who the favorite is, which by betting line standards, was a huge line shift. That tells you who the wise guys think is going to win.

Talk your junk now, because a week from now, it's all over punk. This Broncos team is just too good, too talented and a much more complete team than the Seafowl are.

Reap it, son
    Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 01-25-2014, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Simply because we are the better team, and make more plays to win the game?

Is that possible, or will it be nothing but excuses? Sounds more like we can't win unless Denver has a huge meltdown.

Obviously there are some respectable, reasonable fans on this board, this thread isnt directed towards you guys, but 'that guy'. Just wondering how popular this sentiment is.
    This is a legitimate, non-Smack question which could have been posed in GD or NFL and Other teams sections. It came up last night in another thread, since it seems the Seattle fanbase gives the Broncos NO chance to win.

So I created a poll and a thread to address it here to determine the stance of this fanbase:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...own-merits-wit

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    Originally posted by L.O.B. View Post
    I only wish we had a defensive player like Vickerson.

Oh wait, we did. But he wasn't good enough to play on this D so they cut him.
    So your point is that DT K Vickerson was not good enough to play for SEA.

Okay, got it.

Leave a comment:

• Thors Hammer
    replied

So Carroll is going to have someone make an illegal payment and run for higher ground before it hits the fan?

Leave a comment:

• L.O.B.
    replied
    Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Many Broncos fans here love to drink that Orange Kool-aid (totally understandable)
    but I am one of the few that think SEA can beat us; SEA defense is top notch.

SEA offense is dangerous due to QB R Wilson's ability to scramble and now WR P. Harvin
    is playing. I would feel more confident in our D if we had not lost
    several Defensive players ie SLB V Miller, CB C Harris, DT K Vickerson, DL D Wolfe and FS R Moore.

It's going to be a great back and forth game.
    I hope Elway and Co. have prepared our players extremely well.
    I only wish we had a defensive player like Vickerson.

Oh wait, we did. But he wasn't good enough to play on this D so they cut him.

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    Simply because we are the better team, and make more plays to win the game?

Is that possible, or will it be nothing but excuses? Sounds more like we can't win unless Denver has a huge meltdown.

Obviously there are some respectable, reasonable fans on this board, this thread isnt directed towards you guys, but 'that guy'. Just wondering how popular this sentiment is.
    Many Broncos fans here love to drink that Orange Kool-aid (totally understandable)
    but I am one of the few that think SEA can beat us; SEA defense is top notch.

SEA offense is dangerous due to QB R Wilson's ability to scramble and now WR P. Harvin
    is playing. I would feel more confident in our D if we had not lost
    several Defensive players ie SLB V Miller, CB C Harris, DT K Vickerson, DL D Wolfe and FS R Moore.

It's going to be a great back and forth game.
    I hope Elway and Co. have prepared our players extremely well.

Leave a comment:

• nicehawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
    That's short for you have no answer....just like your team.

Run along and play now, little Seachickie

Leave a comment:

• Idiot_Kicker
    replied
    You're just the idiot kicker who is probably boozing up
    That's short for you have no answer....just like your team.

Run along and play now, little Seachickie

Dirty Birds, Part II...hahahahahaha
    Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 01-25-2014, 12:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nicehawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
    That's just it, I don't believe the Seahawks are anywhere near as good as the Broncos, period.

Your team reminds me EXACTLY of the 1998 Atlanta Falcons we smoked in Super Bowl XXXIII. That team was young and brash and mouthy too, had a great RB in Jamal Anderson...and just like that game, the Broncos defense was under-rated and dominant. I think people have seriously been discounting the Broncos defense, which if you actually took the time to figure out why they had been suspect at times this season was because of injuries. We were beat up all season long until the last four weeks when we have been getting more and more healthy, and now we are as healthy as we have been since week one.

Bottom line: Peyton Manning vs The Midget...um, yeah, you can have the Midget.

Peyton Manning, Champ Bailey, John Fox, Shaun Phillips, Knowshon Moreno, Jack Del Rio...
    we have a ton of players and coaches that have coached or played a long time, and this opportunity is not going to slip past them.

My only concern for this game is wind,. but it looks like a kickoff temp at approx. 33 degrees and 6-8mph in the wind with snow possible in the second half. That favors Manning because you press coverage will have to accommodate the footing. I just don't see the game being that close. The Broncos are the better, more dangerous team and N0 1 offense are 12-3 in Super Bowls.

Make that 13-3.

Denver 33
    Seattle 16
    You're just the idiot kicker who is probably boozing up

Leave a comment:

• Idiot_Kicker
    replied
    I agree with most of what you said, and disagree with some. But ultimately, fair enough. Hopefully you can get to the point of giving us our fair credit. We were/are better than the saints, we/are better than the niners.

And possibly, we are better than the broncos.
    That's just it, I don't believe the Seahawks are anywhere near as good as the Broncos, period.

Your team reminds me EXACTLY of the 1998 Atlanta Falcons we smoked in Super Bowl XXXIII. That team was young and brash and mouthy too, had a great RB in Jamal Anderson...and just like that game, the Broncos defense was under-rated and dominant. I think people have seriously been discounting the Broncos defense, which if you actually took the time to figure out why they had been suspect at times this season was because of injuries. We were beat up all season long until the last four weeks when we have been getting more and more healthy, and now we are as healthy as we have been since week one.

Bottom line: Peyton Manning vs The Midget...um, yeah, you can have the Midget. I just don't believe the Seahawks can score enough to seriously challenge us, and if you think you are going to shut down our offense with two weeks to prepare...we'll, your just kidding yourself....and I'm telling you now, your defense is NOT great at stopping the run, and Knowshon IS going to hurt your defense.

Peyton Manning, Champ Bailey, John Fox, Shaun Phillips, Knowshon Moreno, Jack Del Rio...
    we have a ton of players and coaches that have coached or played for a long time, some with SB experience, some without, and this opportunity is not going to slip past them.

My only concern for this game was wind, but it looks like a kickoff temp at approx. 33 degrees and only a 6-8mph wind with snow possible in the second half. That favors Manning because your press coverage will have to accommodate the footing.

In the end, I just don't see the game being that close. The Broncos are the better, more dangerous team and No 1 offenses are 12-3 in Super Bowls...meanwhile teams with zero experience in the Super Bowls are 1-4.

Make that 13-3 for the offense.

Denver 33
    Seattle 16
    Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 01-25-2014, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nicehawk
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosteeler13 View Post
    The Saints kicker missed two field goals, and your offense was not getting past that Saints defense after the half.

Out of the Chargers, Pats, Saints and 49ers, the Niners are the best team. Kaep is capable of being an explosive QB and making critical big plays, his biggest fault is that he is prone to making boneheaded moves, like attempting to force the ball into the endzone under double coverage with two timeouts remaining. Had this been a Broncos-49ers SB, I'd still be cheering on the Broncos, but I'd be leaning more towards the Niners seeing as they were just in the SB a year ago, and I'd expect Kaep to have a good day against our D, as he did with yours in the NFCCG. Against your team, I like our chances: we have a wicked smart QB with plenty of weapons and capable of extending drives and eating up the clock, and a D that despite all adversity this year, has molded together and is playing lights out. It's going to be a close game, but I enjoy Denver's chances: turnovers and time of possession are going to be key on who wins this game.
    I agree with most of what you said, and disagree with some. But ultimately, fair enough. Hopefully you can get to the point of giving us our fair credit. We were/are better than the saints, we/are better than the niners.

And possibly, we are better than the broncos.

Leave a comment:

• broncosteeler13
    replied
    Originally posted by L.O.B. View Post
    Quit trying to have an intelligent conversation with this guy.

Waste.Of.Time.

Leave a comment:

• broncosteeler13
    replied
    Lol, how is that any different. How is shutting out drew Brees and the saints for 3 quarters 'decent', but doing it to the chargers is 'dominant'? Can you please address your hypocrisy?

And as Ive been saying to you in every reply, what if the 49ers and saints are actually better teams than the chargers and patriots were. Were does that leave you and your reasoning?
    The Saints kicker missed two field goals, and your offense was not getting past that Saints defense after the half.

Out of the Chargers, Pats, Saints and 49ers, the Niners are the best team. Kaep is capable of being an explosive QB and making critical big plays, his biggest fault is that he is prone to making boneheaded moves, like attempting to force the ball into the endzone under double coverage with two timeouts remaining. Had this been a Broncos-49ers SB, I'd still be cheering on the Broncos, but I'd be leaning more towards the Niners seeing as they were just in the SB a year ago, and I'd expect Kaep to have a good day against our D, as he did with yours in the NFCCG. Against your team, I like our chances: we have a wicked smart QB with plenty of weapons and capable of extending drives and eating up the clock, and a D that despite all adversity this year, has molded together and is playing lights out. It's going to be a close game, but I enjoy Denver's chances: turnovers and time of possession are going to be key on who wins this game.

Leave a comment:

• L.O.B.
    replied
    Holding drew Brees to what, 70 some odd yards through 3 quarters is average? Lol, okay homer.

Oh and guess what, niners > chargers or pats. Better receivers, better line, better back, better d line, better linebackers, better secondary. Deal with it.

Pretty much the bulk of your post is irrelevant reasoning.
    Quit trying to have an intelligent conversation with this guy.

Waste.Of.Time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X