X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larryh
    replied
    Originally posted by nicehawk View Post
    Thats fine, what I'm wondering is when its all said and done, are you willing to acknowledge the possibility that you were wrong?
    You know I don't consider myself an expert on football...but I do know that Denver's offense has dominated some of the best defenses in the league and I believe they will do the same with Seattle. I also think that Denver's defense is much better than their stats indicate. I will happily admit it if I am wrong. My ego, my life and my future does not depend on the outcome of this game. However, I doubt you will have the same attitude towards being wrong. We will likely never hear from you again if Seattle loses.

Leave a comment:

• nicehawk
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Of course, Seattle didnt get to the SB based off luck.

They have a good team.

It depends on 2 things.

Turnovers and weather, if the weather is fine and we dont turn it over, it will take a hell of an effort from the Hawks.
    Can weather really be an excuse tho? Both teams know what they are getting into, both teams have to deal with the elements, etc.

Leave a comment:

• nicehawk
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosteeler13 View Post
    When I say dominating, I mean playing good on O and on D for a majority of the playoffs.

With the Chargers game, they could only get momentum going late in the third quarter when Harris went down and Rivers was able to exploit the hell out of Jammer. With the Patriots game, they could not get any momentum going until the 4th quarter when we decided to go prevent and wind the clock down.

Your team did decently against the Saints, and barely escaped Kaep and the Niners. Your team has NOT been solid on either side of the ball really, especially in the NFCCG. That "#1 defense" should not have allowed the game to be dictated by the final drive of the game, if that defense was indeed a "#1 defense," how come they did NOT stop Kaep and Co from driving in the final minutes of the game that nearly kept your team from reaching the SB?
    Lol, how is that any different. How is shutting out drew Brees and the saints for 3 quarters 'decent', but doing it to the chargers is 'dominant'? Can you please address your hypocrisy?

And as Ive been saying to you in every reply, what if the 49ers and saints are actually better teams than the chargers and patriots were. Were does that leave you and your reasoning?

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Of course, Seattle didnt get to the SB based off luck.

They have a good team.

It depends on 2 things.

Turnovers and weather, if the weather is fine and we dont turn it over, it will take a hell of an effort from the Hawks.

Leave a comment:

• nicehawk
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dude's rug View Post
    Will you???
    Absolutely. Your defense is good....enough, and your offense is stacked with weapons, with Peyton freaking manning moving the chess pieces.

Leave a comment:

• broncosteeler13
    replied
    And Ive already explained why your reasoning was faulty. 'Dominating' (funny you chose that BTW) the chargers or the pats holds no bearing on who the better team is between the broncos and Seahawks, doesnt even hold any bearing on if the chargers or pats were better than the saints or 9ers to begin with.
    When I say dominating, I mean playing good on O and on D for a majority of the playoffs.

With the Chargers game, they could only get momentum going late in the third quarter when Harris went down and Rivers was able to exploit the hell out of Jammer. With the Patriots game, they could not get any momentum going until the 4th quarter when we decided to go prevent and wind the clock down.

Your team did decently against the Saints, and barely escaped Kaep and the Niners. Your team has NOT been solid on either side of the ball really, especially in the NFCCG. That "#1 defense" should not have allowed the game to be dictated by the final drive of the game, if that defense was indeed a "#1 defense," how come they did NOT stop Kaep and Co from driving in the final minutes of the game that nearly kept your team from reaching the SB?

Leave a comment:

• The Dude's rug
    replied
    Thats fine, what I'm wondering is when its all said and done, are you willing to acknowledge the possibility that you were wrong?
    Will you???

Leave a comment:

• nicehawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Larryh View Post
    Unfortunately I think your defense is overrated and has feasted on sup-par offenses. This is not a sup-par offense you are facing. It is my opinion that when Peyton goes to the hurry up offense your defense may struggle with it. I think Denver will win because their strengths are stronger, more tested and more reliable than your strengths. It will be a tough game but I think in the end the Broncos will prevail.

Leave a comment:

• Larryh
    replied
    Or we can be real and say the only reason the 49ers were in the game, was because of kaepernicks legs.

Whats next, you're gonna say manning is Kore mobile and runs a faster 40 than kaepernick?

We didn't need anything from the saints. We won the game, they came up short. Didn't need anything against the 49ers either. They came up short, we won won the game. We....were....better.

Now here's the difference. Most of us will find out who's the better team come Superbowl. While you....will just make excuses.

As absurd of a thought as this is, it is possible that the seahawks are the better team
    Unfortunately I think your defense is overrated and has feasted on sup-par offenses. This is not a sup-par offense you are facing. It is my opinion that when Peyton goes to the hurry up offense your defense may struggle with it. I think Denver will win because their strengths are stronger, more tested and more reliable than your strengths. It will be a tough game but I think in the end the Broncos will prevail.

Leave a comment:

• nicehawk
    replied
    You're telling me that "#1 D" couldn't stop Kaep and his legs, what a joke!

No, I'm not saying Peyton is going to run as fast or faster than Kaep, he will take what Seattle is giving him and adjust the play accordingly, he's wicked smart like that.

No, the Seahawks are NOT the better team, and I've explained why. The Broncos dominated in the playoffs on both sides of the ball from start to finish, whereas the Hawks have struggled in the playoffs and your QB has been consistently taking sacks, our QB has NOT been touched in the playoffs. Maybe he'll get sacked, but Peyton is very damned good at getting the ball out in a timely fashion.

Any given Sunday I know, but in the end I like the Broncos chances, especially seeing as a lot of your most loudmouthed fans act like the Broncos just backdoored their way into the playoffs and that our offense does NOT stand a chance against Sherman and Co. Too many weapons to account for, not to mention like I pointed out, Peyton is wicked good at making play adjustments and finding an open man. The only issues I see are ball security, dropped passes, and stupid penalties that cost yards on O or give your O more yards. Like I said, it's going to be a close game going down to the final drive, and Champ will come out with the game ending pick 6!
    And Ive already explained why your reasoning was faulty. 'Dominating' (funny you chose that BTW) the chargers or the pats holds no bearing on who the better team is between the broncos and Seahawks, doesnt even hold any bearing on if the chargers or pats were better than the saints or 9ers to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• broncosteeler13
    replied
    Or we can be real and say the only reason the 49ers were in the game, was because of kaepernicks legs.

Whats next, you're gonna say manning is Kore mobile and runs a faster 40 than kaepernick?

We didn't need anything from the saints. We won the game, they came up short. Didn't need anything against the 49ers either. They came up short, we won won the game. We....were....better.

Now here's the difference. Most of us will find out who's the better team come Superbowl. While you....will just make excuses.

As absurd of a thought as this is, it is possible that the seahawks are the better team
    You're telling me that "#1 D" couldn't stop Kaep and his legs, what a joke!

No, I'm not saying Peyton is going to run as fast or faster than Kaep, he will take what Seattle is giving him and adjust the play accordingly, he's wicked smart like that.

No, the Seahawks are NOT the better team, and I've explained why. The Broncos dominated in the playoffs on both sides of the ball from start to finish, whereas the Hawks have struggled in the playoffs and your QB has been consistently taking sacks, our QB has NOT been touched in the playoffs. Maybe he'll get sacked, but Peyton is very damned good at getting the ball out in a timely fashion.

Any given Sunday I know, but in the end I like the Broncos chances, especially seeing as a lot of your most loudmouthed fans act like the Broncos just backdoored their way into the playoffs and that our offense does NOT stand a chance against Sherman and Co. Too many weapons to account for, not to mention like I pointed out, Peyton is wicked good at making play adjustments and finding an open man. The only issues I see are ball security, dropped passes, and stupid penalties that cost yards on O or give your O more yards. Like I said, it's going to be a close game going down to the final drive, and Champ will come out with the game ending pick 6!

Leave a comment:

• nicehawk
    replied
    Your team STRUGGLED against Colin Kaepernick and the Niners, at home! Had it been Peyton playing QB instead of a young Kaepernick still making rookie mistakes (like trying to force the ball into the endzone to a WR under double coverage with two timeouts remaining), your team would not be in the SB.

The Broncos have been playing dominant football in the playoffs on both sides. Your team needed a turnover from the Saints, not to mention their kicker missing two field goals and Colston having a brain fart and throwing an illegal forward pass in the 4th quarter. And as I pointed out, you needed Kaep to turn the ball over twice in the second half of the NFCCG, and your "#1 d" was NOT stopping him towards the end of the game. Your team was one play away from not going to the SB.

If any team is the better team, it's the Broncos. They've got a veteran QB who has been there before, as well as a head coach who has been there before, and loads of weapons to use. Your team on the other hand has a young QB who hasn't been there before, and a head coach who has only coached college FB games. I know any given Sunday and all, but based on my observations from the Broncos and the Seahawks playing in the playoffs, I favor the Broncos. It will be a close game and it will go down to the final drive, and I stick with my prediction that it will be Champ Bailey with the game ending pick 6.

Leave a comment:

• broncosteeler13
    replied
    Sure, but the thread wasnt directed towards the 'respectable' fans.

I have no problem with thinking you are the best team, maybe you are.....and the point being, maybe you are not. Hence thread title. Some people refuse the notion that seattle may win, simply because they are the better team and made the bigger plays. Instead its excuses, weather, complete team meltdown, etc.
    Your team STRUGGLED against Colin Kaepernick and the Niners, at home! Had it been Peyton playing QB instead of a young Kaepernick still making rookie mistakes (like trying to force the ball into the endzone to a WR under double coverage with two timeouts remaining), your team would not be in the SB.

The Broncos have been playing dominant football in the playoffs on both sides. Your team needed a turnover from the Saints, not to mention their kicker missing two field goals and Colston having a brain fart and throwing an illegal forward pass in the 4th quarter. And as I pointed out, you needed Kaep to turn the ball over twice in the second half of the NFCCG, and your "#1 d" was NOT stopping him towards the end of the game. Your team was one play away from not going to the SB.

If any team is the better team, it's the Broncos. They've got a veteran QB who has been there before, as well as a head coach who has been there before, and loads of weapons to use. Your team on the other hand has a young QB who hasn't been there before, and a head coach who has only coached college FB games. I know any given Sunday and all, but based on my observations from the Broncos and the Seahawks playing in the playoffs, I favor the Broncos. It will be a close game and it will go down to the final drive, and I stick with my prediction that it will be Champ Bailey with the game ending pick 6.

Leave a comment:

• nicehawk
    replied
    Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    Well, if you came here execting a "respectable" conversation then don't' quickly discount another poster's thoughts like you are. If you want to discount them then be prepared for "smack" like responses.

And, to answer your quesiton, yes it IS possible the Seahawks win this one. But, like most fans, methinks that isn't going to happen.
    Sure, but the thread wasnt directed towards the 'respectable' fans.

I have no problem with thinking you are the best team, maybe you are.....and the point being, maybe you are not. Hence thread title. Some people refuse the notion that seattle may win, simply because they are the better team and made the bigger plays. Instead its excuses, weather, complete team meltdown, etc.

Leave a comment:

• darth-hideous
    replied
    Any give Sunday and all ya know, my confidence that the Broncos will win, comes from my belief they are capable of beating any team in the league. We'll all see how that plays out on Superbowl Sunday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X