Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos are Imploding....are you kidding me Denver? You suck!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mr Bojangles

    It got worse for Peyton in the next game, against the Ravens, where he threw 0 (yes, zero!) TDs and 2 picks! The Colts won on the strength of five FGs that day.

    In the AFCCG against NE the following week, the game that Manning worshippers like to point to as proof of his awesomeness in post season play, he was a pedestrian 1 TD and 1 pick!

    He managed to duplicate that feat two weeks later against the hapless Bears, again throwing 1 TD and 1 pick.....for which he was awarded the SB MVP! Even most Colts' fans acknowledge that Dom Rhodes was that games MVP, not Peyton, so I guess some folks thought he deserved the award because he managed not to blow the game!

    In other words, Peyton's great Super Bowl victory season included a grand total of 3 TDs and 7 Interceptions....over four (4) games!
    What about this.

    0 TD's, 2 INT's vs Bal AFCCG, win.

    1 TD, 3 INT's vs SD AFC Div Round, win.

    1 TD, 3 INT's vs SD in AFCCG vs SD, win.

    Thing is Brady can play bad, and NE can still win because he's had a superior team over Manning his entire career for the most part. Manning plays bad, they are toast, usually, rare occasion they win when it doesnt happen.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ERoyal248
      What about this.

      0 TD's, 2 INT's vs Bal AFCCG, win.

      1 TD, 3 INT's vs SD AFC Div Round, win.

      1 TD, 3 INT's vs SD in AFCCG vs SD, win.

      Thing is Brady can play bad, and NE can still win because he's had a superior team over Manning his entire career for the most part. Manning plays bad, they are toast, usually, rare occasion they win when it doesnt happen.
      What playoff games can you point to that the Colts lost and say you know what Manning played a good game they should have won? I mean you said the games where Brady only scored 17 points were on Brady so you don't have much of a case for Manning...

      Unbiased observer: 05 vs Pit 08 vs Chargers and 09 vs Jets were probably the ones that weren't his fault.

      But I also notice that you don't mention the 2006-2007 postseason?

      Manning Postseason:

      1 TD 3 picks win Wildcard vs KC

      0 TDs 2 picks win Divison vs Baltimore

      1 TD 1 pick win AFFCG vs NE

      1 TD 1 pick win SB vs Bears

      Edit: You act like Manning hasn't had any help. Had more HOFers on both sides of the ball than Brady did and before 2007 Brady had no legit receiving options. The team was built around Brady making the offense successful by doing more with less and building up the defense.

      By the way, I am inclined to take 08 Chargers one and done off the list for not Manning's fault. They had the number one defense in the league that year for crying out loud and couldn't get it done at home!
      Last edited by bgpatsfan; 04-22-2014, 01:26 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Canmore
        Three losses to the NFC West? In your wildest dreams.
        Your recent track record against Nfc west teams is not spectacular. Seattle was the best of the lot, but SF was the second best team in the league last year. Arizona has a good defense and will only get better with a high draft pick.
        Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ERoyal248
          What about this.

          0 TD's, 2 INT's vs Bal AFCCG, win.

          1 TD, 3 INT's vs SD AFC Div Round, win.

          1 TD, 3 INT's vs SD in AFCCG vs SD, win.

          Thing is Brady can play bad, and NE can still win because he's had a superior team over Manning his entire career for the most part. Manning plays bad, they are toast, usually, rare occasion they win when it doesnt happen.
          Brady has struggled recently in the post season, but that's usually in the AFC championship or Super Bowl. Peyton struggles mostly in the wild card or divisional.
          Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

          Comment


          • Let's be honest here. After the last Super Bowl debacle, manning is no longer a top 5 QB of all time. More like a top 10. In fact he and Favre are in the same class.
            Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TommyBrady12
              Let's be honest here. After the last Super Bowl debacle, manning is no longer a top 5 QB of all time. More like a top 10. In fact he and Favre are in the same class.
              Wow...that really burns.
              Dropping him in ranking from one of the best of all time- aaaalllllllll the way down to one of the best of all time?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by atwaterandstir
                Wow...that really burns.
                Dropping him in ranking from one of the best of all time- aaaalllllllll the way down to one of the best of all time?
                I would put favre and manning in the top 6 or 7.

                It's funny how most of you couldn't have cared less for peyton a few years ago, and now you are defending him tooth and nail lol. I even remember reading on this forum how tebow was going to save the franchise lol.
                Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TommyBrady12
                  I would put favre and manning in the top 6 or 7.

                  It's funny how most of you couldn't have cared less for peyton a few years ago, and now you are defending him tooth and nail lol. I even remember reading on this forum how tebow was going to save the franchise lol.
                  You can't just take what you claim to have read from some random posts several years ago and project it as a truth for "most" of us.

                  Your top 10 of all time will likely vary from my top 10, which will likely vary from Schefter's, Morts, ESPN, NFL, CBS and whoever else puts a list together. TFB vs PFM is far from a certainty, and both are still playing. I'm not sure why anyone argues their opinion of either of them as concrete.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TommyBrady12
                    Your recent track record against Nfc west teams is not spectacular. Seattle was the best of the lot, but SF was the second best team in the league last year. Arizona has a good defense and will only get better with a high draft pick.
                    At this point, I don't see DEN doing better than 2-2 versus the NFC West. SFO and SEA as losses, possibly St. Louis if they force turnovers and pull something like what they did in Indy last year.

                    However, Denver's track record versus the West really isn't very relevant, SEA is the only game that makes a good reference. The last time DEN played the NFC West they were a completely different team, and really so were all of the other teams in the West. There's not much of a track record to look at that would be telling.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by fallforward3y+
                      At this point, I don't see DEN doing better than 2-2 versus the NFC West. SFO and SEA as losses, possibly St. Louis if they force turnovers and pull something like what they did in Indy last year.

                      However, Denver's track record versus the West really isn't very relevant, SEA is the only game that makes a good reference. The last time DEN played the NFC West they were a completely different team, and really so were all of the other teams in the West. There's not much of a track record to look at that would be telling.
                      If we're being honest, I could see us going anywhere from 0-4 to 4-0. All four NFC west teams are very good, it's definitely the best division in football. The Rams and Cardinals, while not as elite as SF or SEA, have extremely good defenses and are capable of winning just about any game. That's not to say we aren't a good team. We know this is a tough 4 teams to face, and we are not okay with our latest performance against Seattle. We will plan accordingly.

                      My prediction is relatively hopeful: 3-1.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bgpatsfan
                        What playoff games can you point to that the Colts lost and say you know what Manning played a good game they should have won? I mean you said the games where Brady only scored 17 points were on Brady so you don't have much of a case for Manning...

                        Unbiased observer: 05 vs Pit 08 vs Chargers and 09 vs Jets were probably the ones that weren't his fault.

                        But I also notice that you don't mention the 2006-2007 postseason?

                        Manning Postseason:

                        1 TD 3 picks win Wildcard vs KC

                        0 TDs 2 picks win Divison vs Baltimore

                        1 TD 1 pick win AFFCG vs NE

                        1 TD 1 pick win SB vs Bears

                        Edit: You act like Manning hasn't had any help. Had more HOFers on both sides of the ball than Brady did and before 2007 Brady had no legit receiving options. The team was built around Brady making the offense successful by doing more with less and building up the defense.

                        By the way, I am inclined to take 08 Chargers one and done off the list for not Manning's fault. They had the number one defense in the league that year for crying out loud and couldn't get it done at home!
                        So the one year he doesnt have to play perfect, they win, who knew?

                        Fact remains for the MOST PART, if he doesnt play well, his teams usually lose, cant say the same for Brady whose had plenty of stinkers over the years.

                        Manning threw for 434 yards or something ridiculous like that, and 2 or 3 TD's.

                        One of the INT's hit the DL's helmet lol, so unlucky.

                        He got them the lead, and Billy Volek/Michael Turner ended up winning the game.

                        His OL's havent been very good at all, solid but nothing special.

                        Defenses were hidden by Freeney/Mathis, look now how Indy is building a more physical defense. Never had that when he was there. Brady has always had great/good defenses, dont be silly here.
                        Last edited by ERoyal248; 04-22-2014, 09:22 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TommyBrady12
                          Your recent track record against Nfc west teams is not spectacular. Seattle was the best of the lot, but SF was the second best team in the league last year. Arizona has a good defense and will only get better with a high draft pick.
                          To be fair, last time Den played those teams, none of those teams were as good as they are now, cant really tell much, but will be a challenge, obviously.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ERoyal248
                            So the one year he doesnt have to play perfect, they win, who knew?

                            Fact remains for the MOST PART, if he doesnt play well, his teams usually lose, cant say the same for Brady whose had plenty of stinkers over the years.

                            Manning threw for 434 yards or something ridiculous like that, and 2 or 3 TD's.

                            One of the INT's hit the DL's helmet lol, so unlucky.

                            He got them the lead, and Billy Volek/Michael Turner ended up winning the game.

                            His OL's havent been very good at all, solid but nothing special.

                            Defenses were hidden by Freeney/Mathis, look now how Indy is building a more physical defense. Never had that when he was there. Brady has always had great/good defenses, dont be silly here.
                            You can say the same for Brady his team usually doesn't win when he doesnt play well.

                            "hidden" by Freeney and Manning? Both are potential HOFers and he also had Gary Brackett Cato June Antoine Bethea and Bob Sanders. He has also had a bunch of solid guys but were unspectacular.

                            I would argue that Manning has had the better team throughout his career. 2005 Pats were 10-6 Colts were 14-2. Colts had 8 pro bowlers and Pats had 2. Colts went one and done.

                            Hell Brady took the historically worst defense to ever make a SB in 2011
                            Last edited by bgpatsfan; 04-22-2014, 10:45 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ERoyal248
                              Yet his playoff record is better than Brady's since 06.

                              8-8 to 8-6, frankly both are chokers lately lol.

                              In before the Brady fanboys say its never Brady's fault.
                              And how many game-deciding pick-sixes or simple INTs did Brady throw in the NE losses you cite..?

                              He didn't give any games away, as Manning did and has continually done during his otherwise stellar career, and the NE defense has been the cause of many of those losses.

                              No comparison at

                              Comment


                              • No comparison at all, if you understand the actual definition of "Choke"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎