Should a first round bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should a first round bye

Count as a playoff win? I think it should. You earned the right to skip that round so you should automatically get a win for the advancement of your team. Peyton really is like 16-12 then.

And should not making the playoffs count as a loss? Eli's record should be 8-8.

No no it should not. You don't get credit for a win during the bye week of the regular season either.
    sigpic

Comment

You sound like a Tebowite. It is what it is and PM has earned the record he has
      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by PManningTKO View Post
        Count as a playoff win? I think it should. You earned the right to skip that round so you should automatically get a win for the advancement of your team. Peyton really is like 16-12 then.

Absolutely.

And getting to the playoffs with Tim Tebow should mean that we automatically won the Super Bowl that year too.
        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
        Adopted By:
        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
        Broncbeat

Comment

its a bye...not a game...it don't count
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

lol wow

this is just sad. i feel bad for even laughing but i can't help it

poor manning fan. don't worry, the regular season will start soon and all will be sunshine and lollipops again! :thumb:
            sigpic

Comment

In measuring how you perform while in the playoffs, the bye week earned during the regular season should not count towards that.

However, at the same time this is all a sign of how flawed the playoff record stat really is. It favors teams who get in in the lower round too much, and often favors a worse team. It is terrible when comparing teams really.

If you miss the playoffs, you help your playoff record more than getting in and losing your first game. Basically, not even making it can help your record in comparing it to a team that does, because if you make it in your playoff win percentage worsening is very likely, since only a few teams will do better than 1-1.

It also favors low seeded teams too much, by making teams that are way better or who advanced further look equal to lesser teams. Take CHI and SEA of 2010, both went 1-1....Chicago made it to the NFCC game after destroying SEA in the divisional round, but according to the stat they were equal. A wildcard team can also have a winning record in the playoffs during a year without reaching the SB, a top seeded team can't. It gives teams equal credit for winning games of different caliber, by punishing a higher seeded team. You'll sometimes see a wildcard team advance to the SB as well, and sometimes a team is 0-1 only because they saw that team first.

Basically, it's for the most part a misleading and useless stat with way too many flaws to be looked at seriously. It is really only telling if a team maybe is 0-4, 1-4 or something along those lines where they lose their first PO game almost every time(or every time). Ultimately, if your playoff record adds up to a high number your probably doing pretty well.

Comment

Whatever makes you feel better manninggottko'd
                Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                  Whatever makes you feel better manninggottko'd
                  Lol should the games where Peyton went one and done count as two losses? This is getting ridiculous.

Comment

LOL! Nice try!

Comment

Working...
                    X