Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Interesting Debate With Historical Implications...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean Corey View Post
    I am embroiled in a debate on another site about which was the more impressive defensive performance between the 85 Bears that beat the Patriots 46-10 or last Sunday's 43-8 win by the Seahawks over the Broncos.

The Patriots got into the 86 Superbowl via a wild card and managed to make it into the Big Show having been a just above average offense in the regular season posting a 11-5 record.

The Bears also at 11-5 had shut out their two preceeding playoff games entering into the SB.

Many folks still believe the Bears performance was the best ever by a defense in a Superbowl.

I think there is ample room for debate mainly because the Broncos offense was clearly the best ever in the history of the NFL.

I ask the question here because it also begs the question and attempts to equate the 2013 Broncos offense to that of the pedestrian 85 Patriots.
    http://www.nfl.com/standings?categor...lit=OverallThe 1985 Bears??? Were they not 15-1?

Not only were they one game within a perfect season, thanks Miami, not only were they the best Defense I have ever witnessed in 49 years, they were flat out just the best team that year, that I ever seen. Stats don't lie. But just the way they beat teams, the ballsy cockiness of it all, it was truly a sight to behold.
    sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Corey View Post

The Bears also at 11-5 had shut out their two preceeding playoff games entering into the SB.
      The Bears went 15-1 ironically only losing to Miami. Their offense was as equally potent as their defense with Walter Peyton and Willie Gault.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
        http://www.nfl.com/standings?categor...lit=OverallThe 1985 Bears??? Were they not 15-1?

Not only were they one game within a perfect season, thanks Miami, not only were they the best Defense I have ever witnessed in 49 years, they were flat out just the best team that year, that I ever seen. Stats don't lie. But just the way they beat teams, the ballsy cockiness of it all, it was truly a sight to behold.
        Yes. I believed an internet source and posted TBI as I understood it. I corrected the error too late as it was reposted several times. I apologize for the mistake.

Comment

as a team i would take the 85 bears above anyone any year. as the best single game SB defensive performance, i give it the the seahawks.

honestly, it really depends on what criteria you use to compare them.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X