The Validity of PFF (or lack thereof)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Or I just like talking football with other fans other than Patriot fans...
    Can Blame you for that. Most the Pats fans i know aren't real knowledgeable about the game anyway.Young kids and women for the most part.
    Originally posted by baphamet
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Or I just like talking football with other fans other than Patriot fans...
      Hey man I feel you, who would want to spend any more time than they need to talking to Patriot fans...?
      Denver Broncos GM
      Originally posted by Mosk
      Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
        Hey man I feel you, who would want to spend any more time than they need to talking to Patriot fans...?
        Some of us are realistic, but a good amount tend to be ridiculous homers who know very little about football

Comment

Some of us are realistic, but a good amount tend to be ridiculous homers who know very little about football
          Yeah. Good thing you came to a place that thinks Talib and Revis are comparable talents, and that DeMarcus turns Denver's defense into the Orange Crush.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            preaching to the choir. Some of their stats/rankings are ok...the ones I really question are the Oline.
            I study line play carefully. My wife can't watch the game with me because of the over and over again repeats to observe blocks. Sometimes I think she would like to disable DVR.

I have no idea what PFF is doing on their O-Line evals. What they say and what I see are in separate worlds. I have no use for PFF.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss View Post
              Yeah. Good thing you came to a place that thinks Talib and Revis are comparable talents, and that DeMarcus turns Denver's defense into the Orange Crush.
              I think Revis is an upgrade to Talib because he is more durable and consistent. Talib definitely has shutdown potential, but I feared giving Talib a long term deal with that much security, although he was fine with the patriots for the year and a half he was there.

I think the Ward signing was great and got him at a steal of a price. I hope pats can get a similar deal done with McCourty. I wasn't a fan of the Ware deal, it was a lot of guaranteed money for a guy who hasn't been healthy and has been inconsistent since 2012. TJ Ward was by far the best signing.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                I study line play carefully. My wife can't watch the game with me because of the over and over again repeats to observe blocks. Sometimes I think she would like to disable DVR.

I have no idea what PFF is doing on their O-Line evals. What they say and what I see are in separate worlds. I have no use for PFF.
                agreed
                sigpic

Comment

The offensive line rankings there likely aren't rooted in a very good criteria. I bet backs who like to dance around in the backfield a lot kill their O-line's rating for allowing backfield hits, and QBs like Big Ben who keep the ball a long time also kill their line's rating.

Comment

Not compareable but not a massive upgrade for either side.

Ware doesnt turn it to the Orange Crush but all about health with him, as well as Talib.

Talib has shut-down ability but his health is the question with him, not talent.

But signing LaFell, Browner and others make NE go 19-0, right?

Comment

Yeah Revis is a game changer, Tampa's defense was so dominant last year and he has now had two teams get rid of him via trade and release he must really leave an impression. New England wanted Talib and over paid for Revis because Denver signed Talib.
                      Demarcus Ware is double teamed pretty much every play he was in Dallas. Last year instead of having season ending surgery he chose to play injured. With Von Miller on one side and Ware on the other Denver's defense should be back to there 2012 defense which ranked 4th overall.
                      Who will teams double team Von or Ware?
                      Don't forget starters Moore,Vickerson,Wolfe, and Harris will be returning along with TJ Ward. You believe what you want but the Cowboys tried to re-structure Wares deal and the Pats tried to resign Talib, Browner,Lafell, and Revis weren't made offers by there 2013 clubs
                      sigpic

Comment

well some decent questions and a few good answers, did indeed turn into what appears to be smack and it will only get worse SOON.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                          Yeah Revis is a game changer, Tampa's defense was so dominant last year and he has now had two teams get rid of him via trade and release he must really leave an impression. New England wanted Talib and over paid for Revis because Denver signed Talib.
                          Lol you are a genius. Did you not realize that Revis made Tampa Bay, one of the worst defenses in the league in 2012, a respectable unit in 2013. I mean they went from 29th to 17th in terms of total D. And went from DEAD LAST in pass D to middle of the pack. That's even with putting Revis in a system that doesn't play to his strengths and maximize his ability.

Lol do you even research things before you make statements that are dead wrong?

Comment

Lol you are a genius. Did you not realize that Revis made Tampa Bay, one of the worst defenses in the league in 2012, a respectable unit in 2013. I mean they went from 29th to 17th in terms of total D. And went from DEAD LAST in pass D to middle of the pack. That's even with putting Revis in a system that doesn't play to his strengths and maximize his ability.

Lol do you even research things before you make statements that are dead wrong?
                            They also went from 7-9 before Revis to 4-12 with him! I wonder why they dumped him?
                            There defense way improved?
                            Pts per game
                            2012- 24.3
                            2013- 24.6
                            Last edited by 58Miller; 04-30-2014, 07:46 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              They also went from 7-9 before Revis to 4-12 with him! I wonder why they dumped him?
                              Um because the GM and head coach that brought him in didn't want him for 16 million? I don't blame them the only players in the league worth 16 million are a franchise QB. Maybe JJ Watt, but thats it. I also don't believe the team really ever wanted Revis, coaches didn't change their scheme to play to his strengths. He was used in their zone defense a lot which is a complete waste of his talent.

The defense was hardly the reason TB went 4-12 and was worse in 2013. Maybe its because Tampa finished dead last in total offense in 2013? Seriously man, check your facts before you post.

Comment

Um because the GM and head coach that brought him in didn't want him for 16 million? I don't blame them the only players in the league worth 16 million are a franchise QB. Maybe JJ Watt, but thats it. I also don't believe the team really ever wanted Revis, coaches didn't change their scheme to play to his strengths. He was used in their zone defense a lot which is a complete waste of his talent.

The defense was hardly the reason TB went 4-12 and was worse in 2013. Maybe its because Tampa finished dead last in total offense in 2013? Seriously man, check your facts before you post.
                                Ok.....there defense ranking got better but there team was worse. Last I checked going from 30th ranked d to 17th doesn't matter if you lose more games. There defense still allowed 24 pts a game so how much better was there defense? Your team is paying him 13 mil to do what cover teams best receiver same thing Talib did very well last year. Talib shutdown tony Gonzalez and jimmy graham Revis is to small to cover those guys and I really hope the pats are dumb enough to put him alone on DT.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X