Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Validity of PFF (or lack thereof)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Or I just like talking football with other fans other than Patriot fans...
    They got a point.

    Why are NE fans on another teams message board so much?

    Obsessed?

    I think so.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      They got a point.

      Why are NE fans on another teams message board so much?

      Obsessed?

      I think so.
      I come here just to talk football... why does Miller bring up the patriots so much?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
        I come here just to talk football... why does Miller bring up the patriots so much?
        It's a Broncos board, freedom of speech.

        Why are you on another teams board all the time?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
          I come here just to talk football... why does Miller bring up the patriots so much?
          I respond to you Pat fans. I write a post about are defense looking good this year, and then immediately a Pat fan rolls in to inform me I'm wrong and that all of are players will suck and the Pats defense will be way better. Show me a thread I started about the pats? By the way your in the smack talk section, enter at your own risk.
          This is a Denver Message Board son!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
            Ok.....there defense ranking got better but there team was worse. Last I checked going from 30th ranked d to 17th doesn't matter if you lose more games. There defense still allowed 24 pts a game so how much better was there defense? Your team is paying him 13 mil to do what cover teams best receiver same thing Talib did very well last year. Talib shutdown tony Gonzalez and jimmy graham Revis is to small to cover those guys and I really hope the pats are dumb enough to put him alone on DT.
            Yes, Talib played great the first 6 games of last season. He wasn't used to cover Tony G in the Atlanta game. He moved between Roddy and Julio.

            But what happened after those 6 games? His play fell off of a cliff.

            We have other guys we can put on tight ends. We don't need Revis to cover a TE.

            Yeah Talib is slightly bigger; same weight and maybe an inch taller. But Talib does not have Revis' athleticism or his ability.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              It's a Broncos board, freedom of speech.

              Why are you on another teams board all the time?
              Exactly, so I am only discussing what is being talked about.

              I talk/read other boards, different perspective.

              Edit: The thread was dead for over a month before it was brought back.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
                Yes, Talib played great the first 6 games of last season. He wasn't used to cover Tony G in the Atlanta game. He moved between Roddy and Julio.

                But what happened after those 6 games? His play fell off of a cliff.

                We have other guys we can put on tight ends. We don't need Revis to cover a TE.

                Yeah Talib is slightly bigger; same weight and maybe an inch taller. But Talib does not have Revis' athleticism or his ability.
                Your right on Gonzalez I remember belichek had Tony G double teamed. Jaimie Collins did a good job on tight ends towards the end of the year. As far as Revis and Talib go they are different corners I agree Revis is the more athletic and Talib is very physical like them boys in Seattle. Revis should have a good year with Belichek, but I think people get to caught up in names. When Revis was on the Jets all I ever heard was how great he was but the only two plays I remember him by are Randy Moss burning him and then he conveniently coming up with a pulled hammy, and him talking crap about Tebow and then avoiding Tebow when he ran at Revis.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  Your right on Gonzalez I remember belichek had Tony G double teamed. Jaimie Collins did a good job on tight ends towards the end of the year. As far as Revis and Talib go they are different corners I agree Revis is the more athletic and Talib is very physical like them boys in Seattle. Revis should have a good year with Belichek, but I think people get to caught up in names. When Revis was on the Jets all I ever heard was how great he was but the only two plays I remember him by are Randy Moss burning him and then he conveniently coming up with a pulled hammy, and him talking crap about Tebow and then avoiding Tebow when he ran at Revis.
                  I agree, but I think Revis is an exception. I don't think I have ever seen a corner play as well as Revis did from 2009-2012. Didn't watch many of Revis' games in 2013, but he was still excellent by all accounts and couldn't live up to his potential because of the way TB's coaches used him. I think he is in a much better system this year; I mean who knew Talib was that good before he came from TB? I doubt many people had him as a top 5 corner before he got to NE.

                  Many top corners don't really play in run support. Especially when its Tebow running at you in the open field.

                  As far as Moss goes, Moss was motivated because Revis had talked trash about him that week. Moss was the most physically gifted receiver the NFL has ever seen and IMO a motivated Randy was the best receiver the game has ever seen. Unfortunately for everyone (Randy, his teams, and the fans), "Randy only plays when Randy wants to play"

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
                    Lol you are a genius. Did you not realize that Revis made Tampa Bay, one of the worst defenses in the league in 2012, a respectable unit in 2013. I mean they went from 29th to 17th in terms of total D. And went from DEAD LAST in pass D to middle of the pack. That's even with putting Revis in a system that doesn't play to his strengths and maximize his ability.

                    Lol do you even research things before you make statements that are dead wrong?
                    You do realize that games are not won or lost by yards gained or given up, right?

                    It is points scored.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                      You do realize that games are not won or lost by yards gained or given up, right?

                      It is points scored.
                      You do realize that even if you look at points against, TB improved from 2012 to 2013.

                      I mean if you really want to dig into points against aren't always a relevant stat; look at the SB. If you initially looked at the score you would think Denver's defense played terrible. That is not the case. Denver's defense played great considering the offense did not sustain a drive or get a first down until halfway through the second quarter and turned the ball over repeatedly. Denver's defense was not the problem. The same can be said for Tampa's defense, poor stats are a product of the team having the worst offense in the league.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
                        I agree, but I think Revis is an exception. I don't think I have ever seen a corner play as well as Revis did from 2009-2012. Didn't watch many of Revis' games in 2013, but he was still excellent by all accounts and couldn't live up to his potential because of the way TB's coaches used him. I think he is in a much better system this year; I mean who knew Talib was that good before he came from TB? I doubt many people had him as a top 5 corner before he got to NE.

                        Many top corners don't really play in run support. Especially when its Tebow running at you in the open field.

                        As far as Moss goes, Moss was motivated because Revis had talked trash about him that week. Moss was the most physically gifted receiver the NFL has ever seen and IMO a motivated Randy was the best receiver the game has ever seen. Unfortunately for everyone (Randy, his teams, and the fans), "Randy only plays when Randy wants to play"
                        What miss Champ's play from 06? Plus he doesn't shy away from the run game like Revis. Revis is good but he isn't the best there has ever been like you are trying to make it out to be.




                        Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          When one pays attention to a rating system like PFF, one is relying on someone else's analysis. It would be good for everyone to analyze games for themselves and create their own system. :2cents:
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
                            You do realize that even if you look at points against, TB improved from 2012 to 2013.

                            I mean if you really want to dig into points against aren't always a relevant stat; look at the SB. If you initially looked at the score you would think Denver's defense played terrible. That is not the case. Denver's defense played great considering the offense did not sustain a drive or get a first down until halfway through the second quarter and turned the ball over repeatedly. Denver's defense was not the problem. The same can be said for Tampa's defense, poor stats are a product of the team having the worst offense in the league.
                            Correct me if i'm wrong but did Denver's D even force one punt that game?

                            I'm not saying they were all-time bad but they were not good either, minus the run-D which is stout.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                              Correct me if i'm wrong but did Denver's D even force one punt that game?

                              I'm not saying they were all-time bad but they were not good either, minus the run-D which is stout.
                              Just looked it up. Forced one punt, but they also forced Seattle to turn it over on downs twice. A couple things stand out to me, Seattle did not have a scoring drive longer than 60 yards because Broncos offense always ensured Seattle started with great field position. The only time Denver forced a punt is when Denver's defense started with good field positon (inside Seattle's 20). The majority of the time, Seattle was getting the ball around their own 40.

                              Just looked it up and the log of Denver's drives I think really tells the story:
                              1. Safety (-14 yards)
                              2. Punt (8 yds)
                              3. Interception (3 yds)
                              4. Interception returned for TD (49 yds)
                              5. Downs (48 yds)
                              6. Punt (38 yds)
                              7. Fumble ( 34 yds)
                              8. Touchdown (80 yds)
                              9. Downs (40 yds)
                              10. Fumble (-2 yds)
                              11. Game over (3 yds)
                              Last edited by bgpatsfan; 05-01-2014, 11:25 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I'm a PFF subscriber for one reason - their raw stats accumulation. You can check all kinds of factual-based stats there that provide interesting information and perspective. Their "grades" are garbage. Some are highly accurate, some are ridiculously pathetic and wildly off, etc.; you simply cannot trust their grades.

                                Easily worth the $27/year for the factual-based information they provide in my opinion, however. They have all kinds of cool stuff to look at that isn't "opinion-based" like their grades.
                                Seahawks fan.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X