Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL.com greatest QB of all time voting - Peyton Manning vs. Russell Wilson

http://www.nfl.com/qs/bracketology/round1.jsp

Russell Wilson's currently winning, 61%-39% over Peyton Manning. Seems legit.

Discuss.

Seahawks fan.

LOLOLOLOLOL
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Russell Wilson is slightly better than Trent Dilfer in the Best QB to ride the coattails of an elite defence ranking
      All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by RolandDeschain View Post
        http://www.nfl.com/qs/bracketology/round1.jsp

Russell Wilson's currently winning, 61%-39% over Peyton Manning. Seems legit.

Discuss.

Is this off of actual play or strictly based on quality of one's perm? Wilson has the goods to make Starsky jealous if we are talking about the hair.
        Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
        Supporting this staff!
        Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
          Is this off of actual play or strictly based on quality of one's perm? Wilson has the goods to make Starsky jealous if we are talking about the hair.
          He didn't cut his hair as a tribute to his dead father. Explained here: http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2...wl-appearance/

In regards to what it's based on, well, who knows. Random voters. If one compares the first two years of Peyton in the league versus the first two years of Russell in the league, however...Well, it's a bloodbath. Seriously, don't look; you'll be scarred.
          Seahawks fan.

Comment

What a joke. John vs Dan Fouts, Troy Aikman vs Bledsoe, Warner vs Mcnabb
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I like Wilson and all, but you gotta play more than 2 productive seasons to be considered greatest of all time.
              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Colts fans worship Peyton. Now Bronco fans do too.

Most of the rest of the country thinks he wilts in big games. Probably why the freshly crowned reigning Superbowl champion is beating him by so many votes.

Comment

If Wilson is better then I fully expect him to break the passing yards and TDs record next season.
                  All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
                    If Wilson is better then I fully expect him to break the passing yards and TDs record next season.
                    1) What did that get Peyton for the 2013 season? Besides embarrassment on the biggest stage in football.
                    2) Yeah, a conservative offense because the defense is so elite that is also a run-first offense is going to accomplish that.
                    3) If you want to see what Wilson's capable of when he's under the gun and allowed to play his way, watch the Seahawks @ Chicago game from 2012; specifically, the 4th quarter and overtime.

Now, I was just poking the hornet's nest with posting this thread; I do not think Russell Wilson is a better QB than Peyton Manning. However, I think he's capable of surpassing him when it's all said and done. There is no way for anyone to predict this one way or another right now since Wilson has been in the league for a mere two years, but thus far, his career path projection is looking insanely good. There is also a big difference between an elite defense allowing a game manager to get a ring (Trent Dilfer with the Ravens) and an elite defense allowing an offense to be conservative despite the QB being capable of considerably more. (Russell Wilson with the Seahawks.)

P.S., our offensive coordinator, Darrell Bevell, is bad at his job. The Super Bowl is literally the best game I've seen him call to date with the Seahawks, so maybe he has finally learned that run-run-pass-punt isn't a good strategy. Time will tell.
                    Seahawks fan.

Comment

He didn't cut his hair as a tribute to his dead father. Explained here: http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2...wl-appearance/

In regards to what it's based on, well, who knows. Random voters. If one compares the first two years of Peyton in the league versus the first two years of Russell in the league, however...Well, it's a bloodbath. Seriously, don't look; you'll be scarred.
                      Yep Manning first two yrs played on the worst team in the nfl (he was #1 overall pick) while Wilson who is a very good Qb went to a team with a top ten Alltime defense and a top 5 run game.
                      Good comparison. Will see how awesome Wilson is when this team is broken up in the next 3 yrs to free agency.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                        Yep Manning first two yrs played on the worst team in the nfl (he was #1 overall pick) while Wilson who is a very good Qb went to a team with a top ten Alltime defense and a top 5 run game.
                        Good comparison. Will see how awesome Wilson is when this team is broken up in the next 3 yrs to free agency.
                        Wait, are you saying the Colts didn't purposely tank twice in the last two decades to get a top pick to get a QB with? Look at the records of the couple of years prior to the Colts season that earned them the #1 overall pick for the 2012 and 1998 drafts. Teams with perennial winning records don't become the worst in the league overnight even losing their QB for a season, and certainly not twice in a period of 15 years. Irsay whispering in a coordinator's ear to half-ass his schemes for a season, on the other hand...
                        Seahawks fan.

Comment

Yawn, of course RG3 or someone nonsense like that. Best is Graham period.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Wait, are you saying the Colts didn't purposely tank twice in the last two decades to get a top pick to get a QB with? Look at the records of the couple of years prior to the Colts season that earned them the #1 overall pick for the 2012 and 1998 drafts. Teams with perennial winning records don't become the worst in the league overnight even losing their QB for a season, and certainly not twice in a period of 15 years. Irsay whispering in a coordinator's ear to half-ass his schemes for a season, on the other hand...
                            Way to comeback with facts. Do you have these revordings or video.
                            Denver 4-12 and 8-8 and then Manning leads them to back to back 13-3 seasons yep it was indy throwing games not Curtis Painter just isn't as good as Peyton.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              Way to comeback with facts. Do you have these revordings or video.
                              Denver 4-12 and 8-8 and then Manning leads them to back to back 13-3 seasons yep it was indy throwing games not Curtis Painter just isn't as good as Peyton.
                              Come on, you can see evidence for something without having facts to prove it. No, I don't have recordings or video proving that Irsay got his team to tank to get the #1 overall pick twice to draft top QBs for his team. Think about it honestly for a moment, though; if you were an offensive coordinator, it's hard enough to scheme successfully in the first place. How hard would it be to just not scheme quite as well? It would be a piece of cake to tank a season if you wanted to. I don't have any proof, but you have to admit, it's suspicious at a minimum that the Colts have managed to just "pause success" for a season to grab the #1 pick twice in a relatively short period of time.

Also, Tebow won a playoff game with you guys the year before Peyton showed up, it's not like you were without talent; give me a break.
                              Seahawks fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X