Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bandwagon fans

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bandwagon fans

    I absolutely hate bandwagon fans. Whenever a team gets good or wins a Super Bowl a million bandwagon fans come out and try to claim the team as theirs even though they had no prior interest in the team before they had success. I live in Colorado and I am starting to see more and more Seahwaks fans. If the person isn't wearing Broncos stuff they're wearing Seahawks stuff. This was Seattles first Super Bowl win but they probably five times as many fans as they did before they won the Super Bowl. Anybody else that can't stand bandwagon fans? ( I developed a deep hatred when there were so many Patriots bandwagon fans)

  • #2
    Yep, I know your pain.

    This isn't me calling out Seattle fans, but Seattle has had a solid couple of years, so they're the flavor of the month right now.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


    Comment


    • #3
      I live in Northern CA, home of niners & Raider Nation. I see them everywhere now especially in brewery's, and college crowd.There like the cool team to claim if your just a casual fan.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheMoth View Post
        I absolutely hate bandwagon fans. Whenever a team gets good or wins a Super Bowl a million bandwagon fans come out and try to claim the team as theirs even though they had no prior interest in the team before they had success. I live in Colorado and I am starting to see more and more Seahwaks fans. If the person isn't wearing Broncos stuff they're wearing Seahawks stuff. This was Seattles first Super Bowl win but they probably five times as many fans as they did before they won the Super Bowl. Anybody else that can't stand bandwagon fans? ( I developed a deep hatred when there were so many Patriots bandwagon fans)
        What you are probably seeing is a lot of band wagon Denver fans jumping ship.

        Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

        Comment


        • #5
          I understand the frustration, but I can't group bandwagon fans into one category. If it weren't for the bandwagon, I would have never been a Denver Broncos fan. In the late 90's, no one in my family was really a football fan, so I hopped on the bandwagon when I watched John Elway and the Broncos win the championship in SBXXXII. Haven't jumped off since.

          So, yes, if they keep changing teams to whoever is "hot" at the moment, then I can't stand them. But, if they stay on, even through the rough times...that's fine by me.

          Comment


          • #6
            i see a lot more broncos fans now too, just sayin...

            and yes there will always be the casual bandwagon NFL fans. i don't consider those people real fans of those teams and more of just NFL fans.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
              I understand the frustration, but I can't group bandwagon fans into one category. If it weren't for the bandwagon, I would have never been a Denver Broncos fan. In the late 90's, no one in my family was really a football fan, so I hopped on the bandwagon when I watched John Elway and the Broncos win the championship in SBXXXII. Haven't jumped off since.

              So, yes, if they keep changing teams to whoever is "hot" at the moment, then I can't stand them. But, if they stay on, even through the rough times...that's fine by me.
              that's a good point, most of the time little kids start liking football by watching a good team and then they become a fan of that team. but when a grown person does it? that's just bandwagon IMO unless they truly were not NFL fans before that and i don't think that's very common to be honest.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                that's a good point, most of the time little kids start liking football by watching a good team and then they become a fan of that team. but when a grown person does it? that's just bandwagon IMO unless they truly were not NFL fans before that and i don't think that's very common to be honest.
                True. I can't say that I've seen too many older people hop on the bandwagon only to stay.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                  What you are probably seeing is a lot of band wagon Denver fans jumping ship.

                  Yeah because the Broncos have not sold out every game since 1970...lol when was the Chargers last blackout?lol He said he is in Cali I am guessing more Chargers fans bailing to the Hawks because we all know the sadest haters in the world used to be chargers fans
                  Originally posted by baphamet
                  are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Have you ever said this? I am guilty of it in all sports except the NFL. For instance you are at work.Then a co-worker ask you. Hey, did you see that Rangers play the Twins last night? Your answer is No, I don't really start watching baseball till the play-offs.That's okay I do it Now the World Series starts and its Astros vs Cubs; lol I take the Cubs. Then I cheer for them. I might even buy a hat and jersey to wear at my neighbors BBQ. Does this make me a band wagon fan? I would say it does. Then you have the fans of the NFL. There is not one sport that has a fan base of this magnitude. We have the fan that is flat ass crazy. Colored hair, face painted and totally drunk etc..Then the Ticket holder that tail gates every game. Then there is the the one that watchs about 5 games a year picking the team with the purple jersey.My point is there is always going to be that guy. let hm do it as long as he running his mouth about it and dos'nt know a dang thing. Ibelieve a strong fan base can help a lot during the game. A lot of teams have it.We in Seattle have the strongest fan base. The 12th man is a huge factor at home. If you ever grt the chance to go to one, go. It is so loud its almost unbearable with ear plugs in. The entire stadium shakes you to the bone. The parking lot is shaking. we have even made the richter scale register it. The other team gets a lot offalse starts and audibles are out of the question. 3 quick things where the 12th man made a big impact. The Super Bowl and here why 80% o f that game was 12th men. I was there. The Denver coaches did not prepare Denver for this and it cost Denver big time on the very first snap.the noise there was so loud the players could not hear Manning audible thus causing that snap. This took Manning out of his comfort zone right off the bat. Here is another. When Denver was going to the airport they had almost 1,000 fans to seen them off. Seattle had almost 5,000 at the airport. Then there was just under 50,000 on the interstate. It was closed for 4 hours. here is the awesome part. The parade. Seattle has 2.5 million people including surrounding area. The parade was off the hook with more than 1 million fans down town. We invite you all to come up to Seattle for the Denver game in Sept. Good luck this year. Looking forward to the Super Bowl this season. don't worry it will be both of us again. By the way, The parade was full of band wagon fans

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mr SeaHawk View Post
                      Have you ever said this? I am guilty of it in all sports except the NFL. For instance you are at work.Then a co-worker ask you. Hey, did you see that Rangers play the Twins last night? Your answer is No, I don't really start watching baseball till the play-offs.That's okay I do it Now the World Series starts and its Astros vs Cubs; lol I take the Cubs. Then I cheer for them. I might even buy a hat and jersey to wear at my neighbors BBQ. Does this make me a band wagon fan? I would say it does. Then you have the fans of the NFL. There is not one sport that has a fan base of this magnitude. We have the fan that is flat ass crazy. Colored hair, face painted and totally drunk etc..Then the Ticket holder that tail gates every game. Then there is the the one that watchs about 5 games a year picking the team with the purple jersey.My point is there is always going to be that guy. let hm do it as long as he running his mouth about it and dos'nt know a dang thing. Ibelieve a strong fan base can help a lot during the game. A lot of teams have it.We in Seattle have the strongest fan base. The 12th man is a huge factor at home. If you ever grt the chance to go to one, go. It is so loud its almost unbearable with ear plugs in. The entire stadium shakes you to the bone. The parking lot is shaking. we have even made the richter scale register it. The other team gets a lot offalse starts and audibles are out of the question. 3 quick things where the 12th man made a big impact. The Super Bowl and here why 80% o f that game was 12th men. I was there. The Denver coaches did not prepare Denver for this and it cost Denver big time on the very first snap.the noise there was so loud the players could not hear Manning audible thus causing that snap. This took Manning out of his comfort zone right off the bat. Here is another. When Denver was going to the airport they had almost 1,000 fans to seen them off. Seattle had almost 5,000 at the airport. Then there was just under 50,000 on the interstate. It was closed for 4 hours. here is the awesome part. The parade. Seattle has 2.5 million people including surrounding area. The parade was off the hook with more than 1 million fans down town. We invite you all to come up to Seattle for the Denver game in Sept. Good luck this year. Looking forward to the Super Bowl this season. don't worry it will be both of us again. By the way, The parade was full of band wagon fans
                      Congratulations, I'm glad your parade was great. Enjoy it all. I'd like to be the first to invite you to the parade in Denver this year. Hope to see you there
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Bandwagon fans definitely get on my nerves. But what dislike even more are those fans who follow a particular player wherever he goes and think he is greater then everything and everyone including the team he goes too.
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mr SeaHawk View Post
                          Have you ever said this? I am guilty of it in all sports except the NFL. For instance you are at work.Then a co-worker ask you. Hey, did you see that Rangers play the Twins last night? Your answer is No, I don't really start watching baseball till the play-offs.That's okay I do it Now the World Series starts and its Astros vs Cubs; lol I take the Cubs. Then I cheer for them. I might even buy a hat and jersey to wear at my neighbors BBQ. Does this make me a band wagon fan? I would say it does. Then you have the fans of the NFL. There is not one sport that has a fan base of this magnitude. We have the fan that is flat ass crazy. Colored hair, face painted and totally drunk etc..Then the Ticket holder that tail gates every game. Then there is the the one that watchs about 5 games a year picking the team with the purple jersey.My point is there is always going to be that guy. let hm do it as long as he running his mouth about it and dos'nt know a dang thing. Ibelieve a strong fan base can help a lot during the game. A lot of teams have it.We in Seattle have the strongest fan base. The 12th man is a huge factor at home. If you ever grt the chance to go to one, go. It is so loud its almost unbearable with ear plugs in. The entire stadium shakes you to the bone. The parking lot is shaking. we have even made the richter scale register it. The other team gets a lot offalse starts and audibles are out of the question. 3 quick things where the 12th man made a big impact. The Super Bowl and here why 80% o f that game was 12th men. I was there. The Denver coaches did not prepare Denver for this and it cost Denver big time on the very first snap.the noise there was so loud the players could not hear Manning audible thus causing that snap. This took Manning out of his comfort zone right off the bat. Here is another. When Denver was going to the airport they had almost 1,000 fans to seen them off. Seattle had almost 5,000 at the airport. Then there was just under 50,000 on the interstate. It was closed for 4 hours. here is the awesome part. The parade. Seattle has 2.5 million people including surrounding area. The parade was off the hook with more than 1 million fans down town. We invite you all to come up to Seattle for the Denver game in Sept. Good luck this year. Looking forward to the Super Bowl this season. don't worry it will be both of us again. By the way, The parade was full of band wagon fans
                          The noise has a lot to do with how the stadium was built. Take the same crowd, put them in a different stadium, the noise wouldn't be as loud.

                          When I see a person with a Broncos shirt on, I talk to them about the team. If I get a blank stare, I know they're bandwagon. It doesn't really bother me. I'd rather see more orange than purple. And who knows? In a year, they might be the most avid fan.
                          Administrator

                          #Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

                          #LupusAwareness

                          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                            The noise has a lot to do with how the stadium was built. Take the same crowd, put them in a different stadium, the noise wouldn't be as loud.

                            When I see a person with a Broncos shirt on, I talk to them about the team. If I get a blank stare, I know they're bandwagon. It doesn't really bother me. I'd rather see more orange than purple. And who knows? In a year, they might be the most avid fan.
                            thank you for pointing this out. I dont remember the kingdome breaking any noise records with the nfls loudest fan base. KC has always been the loudest and the old mile high (close second) use to shake so bad the camera would shake.
                            These Seattle fans act like they invented loud crowd noise.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                              What you are probably seeing is a lot of band wagon Denver fans jumping ship.

                              That's fine with me. I couldn't stand all the Tebow, Orton and Manning fans who only know about that one player.

                              You used to see a ton of Steelers jerseys around here, Pats jerseys, even some Chargers jerseys. Bears, Ravens , Saints and Giants too. Steelers are the only fanbase who hasn't gone completely underground.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X