Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Bradford

http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/05/sam-bra...esota-vikings/

Bradford has been the definition of "bust" in STL. Now with the knee injury...

For a team that needs to bring in the $$$ to stay in town this would be smart. Johnny Football may end up the next Tebow, but it might just be enough to save a dying franchise. His playing style might just work on turf.
    sigpic
    What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post

For a team that needs to bring in the $$$ to stay in town this would be smart. Johnny Football may end up the next Tebow, but it might just be enough to save a dying franchise. His playing style might just work on turf.
    They would have been better off signing Tebow last year when Bradford got injured. Why waste a high pick on a small entitled QB with attitude problems that the Manning's told to get lost. It is not the Cutlers, the Johnny Football's.. that are the top performers any more. It is the semi boring crowd that burn for being football players - not the ones that care more about stardom. Johnny Football might be like Tony Romo - always good - but not good enough!

With Tebow no one really knows if he could have sustained success. We saw the bad throws - but we also saw the big plays.
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 05-08-2014, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
      They would have been better off signing Tebow last year when Bradford got injured. Why waste a high pick on a small entitled QB with attitude problems that the Manning's told to get lost. It is not the Cutlers, the Johnny Football's.. that are the top performers any more. It is the semi boring crowd that burn for being football players - not the ones that care more about stardom. Johnny Football might be like Tony Romo - always good - but not good enough!

With Tebow no one really knows if he could have sustained success. We saw the bad throws - but we also saw the big plays.
      The NFL has guys that were bagging groceries before they made it to the NFL....if Tebow got to the NFL and is no longer in the NFL then there is a reason. He had his chances. Just because Tebow was made to be a saint by the media and Manziel the devil doesn't mean that's actually the case or that either is a great football player at the pro level. You gotta earn it. Tebow had offers and could play in other leagues but has refused....so who is behaving like a Prima Dona?

Warren Moon, Kurt Warner and Doug Flutie. All examples of guys that had to overcome obstacles. None of them opted to sit on the sideline and wait for someone to hand them their next job.
      Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
        The NFL has guys that were bagging groceries before they made it to the NFL....if Tebow got to the NFL and is no longer in the NFL then there is a reason. He had his chances. Just because Tebow was made to be a saint by the media and Manziel the devil doesn't mean that's actually the case or that either is a great football player at the pro level. You gotta earn it. Tebow had offers and could play in other leagues but has refused....so who is behaving like a Prima Dona?

Warren Moon, Kurt Warner and Doug Flutie. All examples of guys that had to overcome obstacles. None of them opted to sit on the sideline and wait for someone to hand them their next job.
        Doug Flutie is the one that you can compare, as both were somehow maligned/rejected while playing in the league and having success, in spite on not fitting the typical setup. Both won games in untraditional manners and had many detractors not believing it was sustainable.

The huge difference between them is that Doug Flutie had a following exclusively of football fans, while Tebow was, is and focused on being a poster boy for the ultra conservative and various more or less extreme religious movements. Tebow is out of NFL - not because of his play - but because many do not believe that his play is good enough to warrant the negatives from the other stuff.

On the supposed offers - they seem to have been made to the press and not to the Tebow camp, so you have to wonder.

Comment

Doug Flutie is the one that you can compare, as both were somehow maligned/rejected while playing in the league and having success, in spite on not fitting the typical setup. Both won games in untraditional manners and had many detractors not believing it was sustainable.

The huge difference between them is that Doug Flutie had a following exclusively of football fans, while Tebow was, is and focused on being a poster boy for the ultra conservative and various more or less extreme religious movements. Tebow is out of NFL - not because of his play - but because many do not believe that his play is good enough to warrant the negatives from the other stuff.

On the supposed offers - they seem to have been made to the press and not to the Tebow camp, so you have to wonder.
          Except Tebow was offered a shot to redeem himself in the CFL but considered it beneath him. Most people werent chanting Fluties name to get him to play he was just thrust upon his roles (especially since he played as a scab during the strike which got him into trouble with his fellow players and got in because of bad play of others or injury).

If Tebow played in another league to prove himself ild respect him more
          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I'll agree with you in part, I'm sure some of his beliefs impede his employment. However the NFL has a pretty good track record of overlooking things, good and bad, if the talent is there. People seem to forget just how ugly Tebow football was until about five minutes left in the game. We can all speculate on what would have been but in my opinion year 2 of Tebow would have been a far cry from year one. Teams would have adjusted, taken him more seriously and I think it would have become embarrassing.

I would not be surprised if Tebow turned down a few offers because he was asked to tone down the broadcasting of his beliefs. I think he sees his faith as his 1st priority. Although if he's getting in to broadcasting I would expect some of the same limitations...which may lead me back to my original premise. If he really wanted to work for his football career he could be doing so somewhere.
            Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Rams are putting together a darn good draft.
              sigpic
              What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                I'll agree with you in part, I'm sure some of his beliefs impede his employment. However the NFL has a pretty good track record of overlooking things, good and bad, if the talent is there. People seem to forget just how ugly Tebow football was until about five minutes left in the game. We can all speculate on what would have been but in my opinion year 2 of Tebow would have been a far cry from year one. Teams would have adjusted, taken him more seriously and I think it would have become embarrassing.

I would not be surprised if Tebow turned down a few offers because he was asked to tone down the broadcasting of his beliefs. I think he sees his faith as his 1st priority. Although if he's getting in to broadcasting I would expect some of the same limitations...which may lead me back to my original premise. If he really wanted to work for his football career he could be doing so somewhere.
                I think the key with Tebow is that no one are positively sure that the talent is there (aside from the ones that are sure for other reasons). Tebow is fascinating because he actually achieved so much in his 14 games, yet failed to erase doubts.

Then as a NFL coach/GM you look at what happened in New York and see how destructive it is not to play Tebow. Whether it was right or wrong to run the Circus Tebow in the manner they did, we will never learn. What remains though is that they decided not to play Tebow and lost/almost lost their jobs because of that. The personal upsides for management are very limited, and the personal risks are great.

To me Tebow's season two as a starter could have gone either way. Defenses would have become better at defending him and he would have become better from actually having an offseason to evolve his style. I just don't think that John Fox would have been capable of developing Tebow.

I thought that we sorely lacked quick plays and that starting with run option/tripple option on all first and second downs was setting both Tebow and the rest of the offense up for failure.

He definitely should pursue ex. CFL if nothing else for the training.

Comment

Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post

Bradford is not a bust. He's a fine QB, but has had two injury plagued seasons. When healthy, he's a very good QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Thecooltune View Post
                    Bradford is not a bust. He's a fine QB, but has had two injury plagued seasons. When healthy, he's a very good QB.
                    A player like Sam Bradford is really the flipside of ex a Tebow argument.

Tebow has had substantially more success in his limited action on his limited budget, than Sam Bradford - the 100mill QB that has not yet had a winning season. There is no denying that as a Bronco fan we some of Tebow's ducks and dirtballs were really odd - the worst for me was over throwing Moreno by 2 yards on a 3 yard pass.

Sam Bradford looks the part of a good QB but the wins are just not there. It is sad to me that an ugly duckling like Tebow that shone for a while is totally out and the many less driven players like Bradford, Ponder, Gabbert, Weeden, Quinn, Cassel, Cutler, Vick.... get chance after chance to fail.

I am in no way convinced that Tebow would be a long term success, but I am very convinced that he could. Bradford is a lot more like Buttfumble etc.

Comment

HAHAHAHA. Good one. No, he is not a fine QB, and he is not within a mile of "a very good QB".
                      Seahawks fan.

Comment

I spite of your uninformed comment, Bradford is indeed a very good QB. Sure he's had an injury issue at times, but when healthy he can put up some huge numbers.

I think some of think by calling him a fine QB it takes something away from Manning. That isn't the case.

Comment

I spite of your uninformed comment, Bradford is indeed a very good QB. Sure he's had an injury issue at times, but when healthy he can put up some huge numbers.

I think some of think by calling him a fine QB it takes something away from Manning. That isn't the case.

What you might be trying to say is Bradford could one day be a very good QB. Because very good QBs can't be very good if they're not on the field, I.E. injured. Injured before he got drafted, injured twice after drafted. I think someone already pointed out the amount of losses Bradford has led, too.

There's a lot of work to be done by him before he's considered very good. Starting with staying healthy consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeFaithful View Post
                            What you might be trying to say is Bradford could one day be a very good QB. Because very good QBs can't be very good if they're not on the field, I.E. injured. Injured before he got drafted, injured twice after drafted. I think someone already pointed out the amount of losses Bradford has led, too.

There's a lot of work to be done by him before he's considered very good. Starting with staying healthy consistently.
                            He has posted impressive numbers in the past.

Comment

He has posted impressive numbers in the past.
                              When, college?
                              sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                              Adopted By:
                              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                              Broncbeat

Comment

Working...
                              X