Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    When, college?
    And with the Rams. A little objectivity never hurt anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Thecooltune View Post
      He has posted impressive numbers in the past.
      Well, we bronco fans have had a some QB's with impressive passing stats - i.e. - Orton and Cutler, and some that impressed more with winning - i.e. Plummer and Tebow, who impressed more with win rates.

All QB's in the league has individual games where they are great, but I like the guys with the wins - not the ones with the passing stats.

Comment

And with the Rams. A little objectivity never hurt anyone.
        Do you even know what "impressive" means? You seriously need some objectivity here, not us; and I'm a Seahawks fan, I don't care about Peyton. Plus I've seen plenty of Bradford.
        Seahawks fan.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
          I think the key with Tebow is that no one are positively sure that the talent is there (aside from the ones that are sure for other reasons). Tebow is fascinating because he actually achieved so much in his 14 games, yet failed to erase doubts.

Then as a NFL coach/GM you look at what happened in New York and see how destructive it is not to play Tebow. Whether it was right or wrong to run the Circus Tebow in the manner they did, we will never learn. What remains though is that they decided not to play Tebow and lost/almost lost their jobs because of that. The personal upsides for management are very limited, and the personal risks are great.

To me Tebow's season two as a starter could have gone either way. Defenses would have become better at defending him and he would have become better from actually having an offseason to evolve his style. I just don't think that John Fox would have been capable of developing Tebow.

I thought that we sorely lacked quick plays and that starting with run option/tripple option on all first and second downs was setting both Tebow and the rest of the offense up for failure.

He definitely should pursue ex. CFL if nothing else for the training.
          Have you considered that all the running with Tebow was the only way it was possible he could have success throwing the ball? We took football to a very basic level with Tebow. From a passing perspective it was very much only done when we had to or we had a definite easy read. If Tebow didn't see a definite easy win matchup then his job was to run or scramble.

What if we actually did everything we could correctly with Tebow to help him to succeed? We all sit back and say what we could have done better and I suppose there is always something to that. However, I take the approach that more than likely we did quite a bit right to get the max we could out of Tebow.

It was a limited scheme by design because anything more would have been quite risky. Tebow had his shot with other teams and the reason he didn't last is because no other team wanted to throw the game plan out and play Tebow ball. He's just not a prolific passer. He's a gamer but he's no passer. It's great to have a guy that will keep getting back up and show that kind of effort. But you can't win trying to play that way down after down. Some of it has to come easy.

Denver would hope to keep it close and then let Tebow run around at the end. He paid a price for it. I believe he ended that playoff run with at least two injuries and the one was bad enough that he may not have been able to continue playing. Rib injury I believe.

Does the Tebowness have something to do with his employment, some. At the end of the day the NFL will put up with a ton of whatever type of issue if it's worth it. Tebow isn't worth it. The heart is there, the desire, the work ethic but there are holes that can't be filled then throw in a delusional fan base, who wants to deal with that? At this point in time, nobody.
          Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

I've seen Sam Bradford play and he's not worth the hype he got during the 2010 draft process. Bradford is not a franchise QB. Shaky in the pocket, misses wide open receivers, very inconsistent and never elevated the franchise. When you take a QB 1st overall, and most people thought he was worth that pick, you expect the player to elevate the program and make other players better. Instead, all I hear is how Bradford needs more receivers, more OL, and then even more receivers and more OL.

Bascially, you have to build a complete team around him, and if that's the case he is just an average QB. Look what Andrew Luck did when the Colts were one of the worst teams in football, they had several holes but Luck made good things happen. That's what you expect from a QB drafted #1 overall. Bradford is like Kyle Orton and you don't spend a 1st overall pick on this type of QB. He's the most overpaid player in the NFL today.
            sigpic

Comment

Some of you know as much about analyzing a QB as a cat knows about astronomy.

Comment

Some of you know as much about analyzing a QB as a cat knows about astronomy.
                You have have chosen Theuncooltroll for a user name instead.
                I really like Cheese.

Comment

Aren't you the clever one.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                    Well, we bronco fans have had a some QB's with impressive passing stats - i.e. - Orton and Cutler, and some that impressed more with winning - i.e. Plummer and Tebow, who impressed more with win rates.

All QB's in the league has individual games where they are great, but I like the guys with the wins - not the ones with the passing stats.
                    Hilarious coming from a fan of a team that has the biggest stat padder in the history of the NFL at quarterback. You should have no problem saying that last year you would rather have had Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco the year before be the qb of the Broncos instead of the stat padding hero Peyton Manning. Cause like you said, "I like the guys with the wins - not the ones with the passing stats."

Comment

Originally posted by Chitown View Post
                      Hilarious coming from a fan of a team that has the biggest stat padder in the history of the NFL at quarterback. You should have no problem saying that last year you would rather have had Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco the year before be the qb of the Broncos instead of the stat padding hero Peyton Manning. Cause like you said, "I like the guys with the wins - not the ones with the passing stats."
                      Well, I know that it is hard for the Cutlerrettes to hear the win argument. Peyton Manning happens to do more than put up passing stats - there is a pretty good reason that he is the league MVP.

Naturally, I would have preferred the joy that the Ravens fans had last season and the Seahawks fans this year. The little thing Cutlerettes don't understand is that Manning does a bit more than bring the stats. How many times is it that Cuddles has won the division in his eight seasons - none in Denver and yes he did manage to do that a total of 12.5% of his seasons...

PS. I would like Joe Flacco and Russel Wilson more than Cutler, so does that make it better?

Comment

Bradford needs to stay healthy and to not play scared. When healthy and with clean protection he actually does do a pretty good job playing quarterback. This is the same reason David Carr never found success in the NFL when you get hit 20 times a game it does really get into your head and you play scared and start feeling ghosts all around you and thats when the mistakes start piling up. IMO Bradford has never needed wide receivers he has needed o-line help and he also needs to make quicker more accurate reads.
                        sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
                        UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

I live in the STL area so Rams games are on every Sunday on Fox. Watching Bradford he always looks for the "dink and dunk" passes. The only reason I think he is still on the team is Fischer is the coach. Fischer is an old school "3 yards and a cloud of dust" smash mouth style coach. So he isn't relying on a QB with an arm. That why after Bradford blew out his knee last year the stats didn't really change much.
                          I believe the shoulder injury Sam suffered in college hurt him more that originally thought.
                          sigpic
                          What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Working...
                          X