I just have to LOL at Sherman's Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RolandDeschain View Post
    JayJack thinks Sherman should go tell his defensive coordinator he's going to ignore his instructions and just do what he wants so he can trail the #1 receiver all the time for bragging rights.

Excellent thought process there, bro. Our defense is so good, we don't NEED to have our best corner trail the best receiver. Don't be jealous.
    Not jealous, but most of the top CB's shadow the other teams #1.

It's a respect thing, Haden does it, PP does it, Talib does it, pretty sure Revis does it among others.

I can see the argument for why not though, i would still say Sherman is the best CB in football but when you dont follow the other teams #1...

Comment

• CBs always make more than Safeties. Thomas and Sherman are now both the highest paid ever at their respective positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by strat1080 View Post
        CBs always make more than Safeties. Thomas and Sherman are now both the highest paid ever at their respective positions.
        I think technically the Highest paid CB is Haden now...not sure though...
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
          I think technically the Highest paid CB is Haden now...not sure though...
          According to spotrac.com, it's Sherman.
          "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
            According to spotrac.com, it's Sherman.
            Not on a per year basis. Bigger total contract but that's because Haden's was a 5 year deal vs a 4 year deal for Sherman. Haden's was $68 Mill over 5 years compared to $57 over 4 years for Sherman. Points stands though. Safetys don't command the salary that a CB does.

Comment

• Originally posted by strat1080 View Post
              Not on a per year basis. Bigger total contract but that's because Haden's was a 5 year deal vs a 4 year deal for Sherman. Haden's was $68 Mill over 5 years compared to $57 over 4 years for Sherman.
              All I can say is go to spotrac.com.

I also went to overthecap.com... and they list Sherman's APY at $14M/year and Hayden at $13.6M/year.

They also state that the details for Hayden's contract are not yet confirmed.

Comment

All I can say is go to spotrac.com.

I also went to overthecap.com... and they list Sherman's APY at $14M/year and Hayden at $13.6M/year.

They also state that the details for Hayden's contract are not yet confirmed.
                Haden is a better cornerback than Sherman, yet he still took a little less to get that longer deal. Put Sherman on 31 other teams and he is a middle of the pack cornerback. Seattles secondary is it's safeties that is where the real superstars are, Sherman just is lucky enough to ride their coattails.
                sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
                UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
                  Haden is a better cornerback than Sherman, yet he still took a little less to get that longer deal. Put Sherman on 31 other teams and he is a middle of the pack cornerback. Seattles secondary is it's safeties that is where the real superstars are, Sherman just is lucky enough to ride their coattails.
                  Richard Sherman led the league last year in holding and PI calls. We benched Carter for that reason. Haden gave up nearly 1/2 as many yards in that respect and was in the top 10 in yards allowed per snap where as Sherman wasnt even the best corner on his team. Haden had the biggest effect on any receivers fantasy stats cutting them by 50% on average when going against him and faced some of the best receivers last year. Sherman is a physical corner but like Browner before he came to Seattle he probably wouldnt have as much respect as he does now. It helps having one of the best safety tandems in the game and a consistent pass rush

On an interesting side not Harris went the most snaps without being targeted.
                  Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 05-21-2014, 05:33 PM.
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Talib just called out Sherman for staying on one side but gave props to Peterson, Revis and Haden for shadowing #1's all game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                      Talib just called out Sherman for staying on one side but gave props to Peterson, Revis and Haden for shadowing #1's all game.
                      Of course because he stayed on one side his teammates actually shadowed #1 receivers more often. Its up to the D to adjust to the O not the other way around. Personally I think Cromartie was huge last year in allowing less passes per play but he didnt always line up against the top threat, sometimes Harris did

In all honesty when you look at who Browner and Maxwell faced they have very impressive numbers
                      Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 05-21-2014, 07:28 PM.
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                        Richard Sherman led the league last year in holding and PI calls. We benched Carter for that reason. Haden gave up nearly 1/2 as many yards in that respect and was in the top 10 in yards allowed per snap where as Sherman wasnt even the best corner on his team. Haden had the biggest effect on any receivers fantasy stats cutting them by 50% on average when going against him and faced some of the best receivers last year. Sherman is a physical corner but like Browner before he came to Seattle he probably wouldnt have as much respect as he does now. It helps having one of the best safety tandems in the game and a consistent pass rush

On an interesting side not Harris went the most snaps without being targeted.
                        Your logic is faulty. In 2012, Sherman was a consensus All Pro yet Seattle had no pass rush like they have now with Bennett and Avril.

In 2012, Seattle ranked in the lower half of the league in sacks... tied at #18 with 36 sacks.

I repeat... your logic is faulty.
                        Last edited by onanygivensunda; 05-21-2014, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Your logic is faulty. In 2012, Sherman was a consensus All Pro yet Seattle had no pass rush like they have now with Bennett and Avril.
                          Sherman is a one trick pony and yes he is good at getting int's ( which he should since he is covering #2 or #3 WR's ) which happen to get you noticed ( his loud obnoxious mouth does not hurt either ) but there are lots of better Cornerbacks who completely take WR's out of a game. Int's do not tell the whole story. I would much rather have the shutdown corner over the pick machine. Deion Sanders is another prime example of a cornerback who was glitzy, but had a lot of flaws in his game that everyone overlooked.
                          sigpic

UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Sherman is a one trick pony and yes he is good at getting int's ( which he should since he is covering #2 or #3 WR's ) which happen to get you noticed ( his loud obnoxious mouth does not hurt either ) but there are lots of better Cornerbacks who completely take WR's out of a game. Int's do not tell the whole story. I would much rather have the shutdown corner over the pick machine. Deion Sanders is another prime example of a cornerback who was glitzy, but had a lot of flaws in his game that everyone overlooked.
                            Sherman is the best corner on a team that led the NFL in passing defense by a HUGE margin in 2013... yet he's a "one trick pony". That's laff-able.

Thirty-one other teams would love to have a "one trick pony" like Sherm.
                            Last edited by onanygivensunda; 05-21-2014, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Sherman is the best corner on a team that led the NFL in passing defense by a HUGE margin in 2013... yet he's a "one trick pony". That's laff-able.

Thirty-one other teams would love to have a "one trick pony" like Sherm.
                              No thirty one teams would love to have your two safeties. Only about 15 or so would want Sherman.
                              sigpic

UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Only about 15 or so would want Sherman.
                                And you base this on what?

Comment

Working...
                                X