No announcement yet.

I just have to LOL at Sherman's Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because 10 already have a better corner already and I figure probably about 5 or so would not even want to deal with that headache. He is just like Asomugha great in the Raiders scheme ordinarily boring everywhere else.
    sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
    UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

• Well, he's signed long term so your point is moot. He's worth to Seattle what he is going to be paid.

You can't stand his brash bravado... I get it. He can be polarizing but he's a helluva human being, son and teammate.

I'm glad he's a Seahawk.
      "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
        Well, he's signed long term so your point is moot. He's worth to Seattle what he is going to be paid.

You can't stand his brash bravado... I get it. He can be polarizing but he's a helluva human being, son and teammate.

I'm glad he's a Seahawk.
        I don't doubt he is, he seems like a good guy. I agree, I think that Seattle did the right thing in signing him for a while. His best fit is in Carroll's scheme and he is a good cornerback there.
        sigpic

UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

• Lmao @ the saltiness coming from some people. Sherman's a middle-of-the-pack corner? Uh huh. Also, the comparison to Asomugha isn't really relevant because he can't play zone coverage worth a crap. Revis and Sherman both play great zone and man.
          Seahawks fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
            Of course because he stayed on one side his teammates actually shadowed #1 receivers more often. Its up to the D to adjust to the O not the other way around. Personally I think Cromartie was huge last year in allowing less passes per play but he didnt always line up against the top threat, sometimes Harris did

In all honesty when you look at who Browner and Maxwell faced they have very impressive numbers
            Good observation, Josh. Not many, besides you, me and Bill realized this fact.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/poll...n/_/id/4334799

Is Patrick Peterson a better all-around football player than Richard Sherman?

54%
              Yes

33%
              No, but he's close

13%
              No, and he's not close

Seattle is the only place in the world where they think Richard Sherman is a better all around football player than Peterson.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/poll...n/_/id/4334799

54%
                Yes

33%
                No, but he's close

13%
                No, and he's not close

Seattle is the only place in the world where they think Richard Sherman is a better all around football player than Peterson.
                And the vast majority of poll voters pre-SB believed that the Donkeys would win.

Your point is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                  http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/poll...n/_/id/4334799

54%
                  Yes

33%
                  No, but he's close

13%
                  No, and he's not close

Anyone quoting an ESPN online poll as a basis for his argument should be laughed off the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by rsrobinson View Post
                    Anyone quoting an ESPN online poll as a basis for his argument should be laughed off the forum.
                    Yes only polls from the great state of Washington are accurate.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
                      Good observation, Josh. Not many, besides you, me and Bill realized this fact.
                      Not true most people do, because they realize that Sherman very rarely played against #1 receivers which means someone had to and thats the player opposite them, this inflated shermans numbers but deflated his companions on the opposite side. Sherman is probably the best non shutdown corner in the game but teams didnt shy away from him because he did allow a lot of catches and in all honesty the players opposite of him were actually shadowing there receivers very well. Carter had similar numbers to Browner and Maxwell when he started because like Seattle CB's he was known to mug receivers though he was a bit more obvious about it and well unlike Carroll, Fox got tired of the flags, though he was going against #2 receivers DRC was going against #1.
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
                        Because 10 already have a better corner already and I figure probably about 5 or so would not even want to deal with that headache. He is just like Asomugha great in the Raiders scheme ordinarily boring everywhere else.
                        You know, prior to the Super Bowl Peyton Manning said he would have no problem challenging Sherman but when the game came he rarely did. That should tell you all you need to know about what Manning thinks about Sherman.

In fact, during the playoffs Brees, Kaepernick, and Manning all avoided Sherman like the plague. In three games he was targeted only seven times, gave up just two completions for 10 yards, no touchdowns, and deflected two passes including the famous one which led to the interception at the end of the 49ers game. So when everything was on the line during the playoffs, opposing QBs threw everywhere but in Sherman's direction and he usually made them pay when they did.

Sherman is every bit as good as he says he is.
                        Last edited by rsrobinson; 05-31-2014, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rsrobinson View Post
                          You know, prior to the Super Bowl Peyton Manning said he would have no problem challenging Sherman but when the game came he rarely did. That should tell you all you need to know about what Manning thinks about Sherman.

In fact, during the playoffs Brees, Kaepernick, and Manning all avoided Sherman like the plague. In three games he was targeted only seven times, gave up just two completions for 10 yards, no touchdowns, and deflected two passes including the famous one which led to the interception at the end of the 49ers game. So when everything was on the line during the playoffs, opposing QBs threw everywhere but in Sherman's direction and he usually made them pay when they did.

Sherman is every bit as good as he says he is.
                          Keep telling yourself that whatever makes you feel good. Maxwell will be a better corner than Sherman this year. Have Sherman play like Peterson for 1 whole game and watch him get shredded. He is good in Seattles scheme covering non elite WR's. If he was the best ever the Broncos would not have the WR with the Superbowl record for receptions. Why would Manning challenge Sherman when he was covering his 4th option and had no time to progress to even his second.
                          sigpic

UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Keep telling yourself that whatever makes you feel good. Maxwell will be a better corner than Sherman this year. Have Sherman play like Peterson for 1 whole game and watch him get shredded. He is good in Seattles scheme covering non elite WR's. If he was the best ever the Broncos would not have the WR with the Superbowl record for receptions. Why would Manning challenge Sherman when he was covering his 4th option and had no time to progress to even his second.
                            Considering that Maxwell actually faced the #1 receiver more often whose to say he wasnt. Heck teams actually shied away from Maxwell more often then Sherman and it wasnt because they were challenging him its because between the 2 Sherman was allowing more plays. Yes Sherman gets an INT more often but as we learned with Deltha INT's can lead to people misconstruing the significance of a corner, because the best corner prevents the pass from occurring at all and sometimes those guys that get the most INT's are also allowing the most TD's
                            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Here's a pretty fair article from PFF that addresses many of the points in this thread.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...chard-sherman/

Comment

Because 10 already have a better corner already and I figure probably about 5 or so would not even want to deal with that headache. He is just like Asomugha great in the Raiders scheme ordinarily boring everywhere else.
                                If you think Talib is the better CB LOL @ you. Go stick your head back in the sand son. Your clueless if you believe this.

Comment

Working...
                                X