I just have to LOL at Sherman's Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Considering that Maxwell actually faced the #1 receiver more often whose to say he wasnt. Heck teams actually shied away from Maxwell more often then Sherman and it wasnt because they were challenging him its because between the 2 Sherman was allowing more plays. Yes Sherman gets an INT more often but as we learned with Deltha INT's can lead to people misconstruing the significance of a corner, because the best corner prevents the pass from occurring at all and sometimes those guys that get the most INT's are also allowing the most TD's
    You know that Sherman was the least targeted CB in the NFL last year right? It just proves your just talking from your, well you know what.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawksfan76 View Post
      You know that Sherman was the least targeted CB in the NFL last year right? It just proves your just talking from your, well you know what.
      and in that how many times was he covering #1 wrs, or #2's, #3's
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by hawksfan76 View Post
        If you think Talib is the better CB LOL @ you. Go stick your head back in the sand son. Your clueless if you believe this.
        Well Talib was always on #1 receivers so its hard to actually say. Though when you look at CB's a mistake that is made is you need to look at the group. If a team throws to Sherman and he stops a TD or bats down a pass thats fine but most QB's go with matchups and if the other side has a better match up thats where they are going not because of Sherman but because his counterpart is not able to handle the receiver who moved to the other side where sherman never goes.

If you look at the unit of the Pats where Talib covered the #1 more often then many corners did all year, he himself doesnt have great numbers mostly because he was consistently pit against top tier receivers but he did have a larger percentage of those stops then Sherman did. Now look at them as a whole the NE Pats and consider the WPA and EPA the 2 CB groups generate. The Pats are a better unit as a whole, this is in large part because they have a better #1 corner. Since Maxwell lined up against #1 receivers more often you need to compare his numbers to Talibs and in that case Talib wins.

As a unit our starting 3 were 9th in PD + INTs do you think we were the 9th best CB unit in the league?
        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 06-04-2014, 02:34 PM.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
          Since Maxwell lined up against #1 receivers more often...
          Do you have a source for that?... or are you making an assumption?
          "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
            Do you have a source for that?... or are you making an assumption?
            From Pro Football Focus (Sorry can't get the table to format...)

Player Tm Shdw WR1 WR2 WR3 Other Slot Cov. TA %Ct Yds TD
            Richard Sherman SEA 0 27% 31% 12% 15% 4% 8.8 58 51.7 421 2
            Byron Maxwell SEA 0 29% 23% 17% 25% 7% 7.9 45 51.1 274 2
            Last edited by 86Elwayfan; 06-06-2014, 03:24 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• I wonder when Richard Sherman will be tested for PEDs?
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                I wonder when Richard Sherman will be tested for PEDs?
                I'm guessing that he has been tested a number of times since his appeal was upheld near the end of the 2012 season.
                "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
                  So what say you Seachicken fans? Should Sherman be your highest paid player? Are you all giddy in your seats yet?
                  I don't care who the highest paid player is, or isn't for that matter. All I care about is seeing them keep the foundation of this team together. They seem to be doing just fine in that area.

Besides, it seems as though Sherman is the most recognizable player nationally, so ........

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    I wonder when Richard Sherman will be tested for PEDs?
                    He will be tested as everyone will based on what the collective bargaining agreement says.

Comment

Working...
                    X