I just have to LOL at Sherman's Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    I am sure many have seen this but...here is the numbers on the contract: 4 years for a total of $57.4 million with $40 million guaranteed.

I don't think Sherman is a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, however if I was Earl Thomas I would be asking why Sherman is now making more money than me. Sherman is the most vocal player on the Seattle team, but certainly not the best player on their defense. (Thomas is easily the best player on the Seattle Defense)

The fact that he is now the highest paid corner in the league also amuses me, as he is never asked to strictly shut down the number 1 on the other team due to the system the Seahawks run.If I am paying a guy the kind of money Sherman just got he better shut down the number 1 receiver on every team we face every week and Sherman has yet to be asked to do that.

So what say you Seachicken fans? Should Sherman be your highest paid player? Are you all giddy in your seats yet?
    As a Seahawks fan I am very happy that they have locked up Kam Chancellor, Thomas, Sherman and Bennett. Is Thomas a better player than Sherman? Who cares? They are both the best in the NFL at their position. Sherman's the face of the defense and Thomas is the quiet leader. Both are needed. Add Chancellor, Bennett, Avril, Mebane, and the rest and the results are obvious.

I'm sure Thomas is quite happy with the deal he got.

Sherman faces who ever lines up against him. Period. And the
    Result for the most part, is that receiver is taken out of the game. Period.

If you want to quibble about meaningless issues, go ahead. The fact remains, Seattle's defensive backfield can cover any group of WR's in the NFL more effectively than any other. Period.

But then, if I was a Broncos fan, I'd probably be a bit more humble about my comments directed towards anything concerning the Seattle defense. Just sayin..

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      The reality will kick in that Seattle will have to pay their stars, which is what happened to Sherman, and what Wilson will expect. They will have to manage those salaries, given these guys were relatively cheap when they played the SB.
      It won't be an issue. Some of their high salary guys will renegotiate and others will be replaced. They know what they're doing.

Comment

I was going to laugh at this deal, but then I remembered we gave Aqib Talib $57 million with $26 million guaranteed.
        sigpic

Comment

Yea we will play the hawks without our defense 50% injured. Nobody likes excuses but it's fact so many guys go down your ineffective just like military
          was MileHigh

Comment

Originally posted by MileHile View Post
            Nobody likes excuses but....
            . Then why do so many people use them?

Comment

The Broncos went to the Super Bowl without Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson, Derek Wolfe, Chris Harris and Rahim Moore. Five starters, including our best player on defense. That's 45% of our defense lost to injuries. Much more than an excuse, it's an undeniable fact. Our defense was devastated by injuries.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                The Broncos went to the Super Bowl without Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson, Derek Wolfe, Chris Harris and Rahim Moore. Five starters, including our best player on defense. That's 45% of our defense lost to injuries. Much more than an excuse, it's an undeniable fact. Our defense was devastated by injuries.
                Here's another fact. Every team has to deal with injuries every year. That's why depth is so important.

Comment

Originally posted by Thecooltune View Post
                  Here's another fact. Every team has to deal with injuries every year. That's why depth is so important.
                  And depth still took us to the Super Bowl. In other words, we did the best we could without 45% of our defense. If we remove Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Bobby Wagner, Michael Bennett and Brandon Mebane from the Seahawks, that defense becomes unrecognizable. Maybe Peyton Manning would still have choked like he usually does in the big games, but we would not have been shut down if the Seahawks had 45% of backups on defense and their top defensive player out of the game.
                  sigpic

Comment

And depth got Seattle to the Super Bowl and a dominating win. Case closed.
                    Last edited by Thecooltune; 05-11-2014, 12:24 PM.

Comment

And depth got Seattle to the Super Bowl and a dominating win. Case closed.
                      Really? Who were you missing, and who played in place of the starter?

If you had played without Russell Okung, Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Chris Clemons and Max Unger, then you would have done what we did in the Super Bowl. Would you have still won? Maybe. But try not to act like a complete idiot and pretend like your depth got you that win.

You are a johnnycomelately bandwagoner that doesn't know what you're talking about. Case Closed.
                      Last edited by kishzilla; 05-11-2014, 04:04 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                        Really? Who were you missing, and who played in place of the starter?

If you had played without Russell Okung, Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Chris Clemons and Max Unger, then you would have done what we did in the Super Bowl. Would you have still won? Maybe. But try not to act like a complete idiot and pretend like your depth got you that win.

You are a johnnycomelately bandwagoner that doesn't know what you're talking about. Case Closed.
                        It's going to take a while to get over that game isn't it? The fact remains, the best team won and you don't like it.

Comment

It's going to take a while to get over that game isn't it? The fact remains, the best team won and you don't like it.
                          That's what I thought.

Run along junior.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's going to take a while to get over that game isn't it?
                            so you are saying you can't answer the question? You made a claim why don't you back it up with facts.

Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                              so you are saying you can't answer the question? You made a claim why don't you back it up with facts.
                              Probably some 13 year old kid that became a fan when he found out Macklemore was. lol

Now I know what millionaires feel like when some trailer trash wins the lottery and moves into the neighborhood.

These Seahag fans are like the Beverly Hillbillies. They still haven't learned how to act since they got their new Shiny Trophy lol.
                              Last edited by kishzilla; 05-11-2014, 04:41 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Better luck next year, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X