I just have to LOL at Sherman's Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thecooltune View Post
    What question? Answer a question about making excuses? I'm not an excuse maker.
    Facts?

What players were Seattle missing in the SB?

They had all their starters playing.

Denver did not.

Comment

• You already answered that didn't you? Just can't get over the sour grapes huh? One thing you can look forward to... Next time probably won't be that bad. Probably just a routine butt kicking.

Comment

• Sherman probably isnt worth that, that deal is near QB money but given the nature of the game.

Passing league now, other CB's got big deals this offseason (Davis, Talib, DRC, among others)

It's what you pay for.

I do agree sorta that i wonder how he'd do on another teams D without Kam/Earl there.

Comment

You already answered that didn't you? Just can't get over the sour grapes huh? One thing you can look forward to... Next time probably won't be that bad. Probably just a routine butt kicking.
          Sour grapes too?

I said Seattle is/was the better team but it doesnt change the fact that Den was pretty decimated on D while Sea didnt have anyone notable missing. And agree SF/Sea are the best two teams in football, mirror images of each other minus the secondaries.

Regards to the game in Week 3, make it out somewhat healthy, and its a win, pulling a win out in that jungle is very unlikely.

Comment

The jealousy and envy is obvious. At least you've overcome the embarrassment.
            Been over the SB the next day, doesnt change the fact that Den was missing alot of it's key/star players, thats a fact that you refuse to admit.

Comment

Quality depth is a big deal these days
              I dont argue that but you cant replace star players with depth-players.

Could Seattle replace someone like Sherman, Okung, Thomas, Lynch with a backup?

I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

Regards to the game in Week 3, make it out somewhat healthy, and its a win, pulling a win out in that jungle is very unlikely.
                What? Say again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                  I agree I like Wilson but when they lose Lynch its going to be a tough learning curve, the same thing happened to seattle the last time they had a high paid RB who there O was centered around and lost him. That to me is the major bottleneck Lynch they have added some good backs to rotate around him but if in 2 years they dont have a clear replacement things can go sideways fast
                  I agree with Lynch, he's the bread/butter of that offense.

They drafted Michael, high upside and have Turbin.

Could see Lynch as a cap-casualty next offseason, if not Turbin's deal would expire the same time as Lynch's without much work.

And they didnt re-sign Gico, only players they re-signed with Hauchska, TJax, and Bennett of impending FA's.

Comment

What? Say again.
                    If we come out healthy, i dont care about the end result.

Coming out with a win at Seattle will be extremely tough to do.

Comment

• Richard Sherman 2013

Snaps: 1003
                      Yards allowed: 421
                      TD's allowed: 2
                      % of snaps covering opposing #1 WR: 27%

Chris Harris 2013

Snaps: 1059
                      Yards allowed: 561
                      TD's allowed: 1
                      % of snaps covering opposing #1 WR: 32%

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...y-cb-matchups/

Comment

• I'll say this, Denver didn't lose because of their D or the lack of D players. We lost because the Seattle D was just way better on that day and on any given day they will be tough to deal with.

That being said Seattle is setting themselves up for failure by paying so much. Not that they really have a choice. You win a Superbowl and your next issue is retaining guys that now have that victory on their resume. Seattle got there by hitting big in the draft and if they have some secret recipe then they may well be in dynasty mode if they can keep bringing in cheap above average players consistently. Which, with the money they are giving out, will be a requirement.

As for Sherman. I've got the feeling that he can be great and annoying for many years to come. Or, if Seattle has any setbacks or Sherman has some rough times he could single handedly make that team miserable. Mouths like that are great when things are going well and equally bad when things don't go well.

They'll be a fun team to watch and I'm really glad they aren't in the AFC West anymore.
                        Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

OK, so if someone's the best player at his position, he gets paid as the best...... Right?
                          I will never, ever, consider Sherman the best CB in the league when he doesn't take on the other teams best receiver.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                            I will never, ever, consider Sherman the best CB in the league when he doesn't take on the other teams best receiver.
                            You are free to hold whatever opinion you wish. You don't even need to have a reason. Even though Sherman does take on the best receiver when he doesn't try to avoid Sherman. Sherman plays the scheme his coordinator implements. When the number one receiver does line up against him and they challenge Sherman like SF did on their last play in the NFC championship game, we saw the usual result.

That's why they avoid him.
                            Last edited by Thecooltune; 05-14-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                              JayJack thinks Sherman should go tell his defensive coordinator he's going to ignore his instructions and just do what he wants so he can trail the #1 receiver all the time for bragging rights.

Excellent thought process there, bro. Our defense is so good, we don't NEED to have our best corner trail the best receiver. Don't be jealous.
                              Seahawks fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by RolandDeschain View Post
                                JayJack thinks Sherman should go tell his defensive coordinator he's going to ignore his instructions and just do what he wants so he can trail the #1 receiver all the time for bragging rights.

Excellent thought process there, bro. Our defense is so good, we don't NEED to have our best corner trail the best receiver. Don't be jealous.
                                But Sherman's a team player. He seems to get more excited when one of his teammates makes a big play. Earl Thomas is the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X