I just have to LOL at Sherman's Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thecooltune View Post
    You are free to hold whatever opinion you wish. You don't even need to have a reason. Even though Sherman does take on the best receiver when he doesn't try to avoid Sherman. Sherman plays the scheme his coordinator implements. When the number one receiver does line up against him and they challenge Sherman like SF did on their last play in the NFC championship game, we saw the usual result.

That's why they avoid him.
    That's fine, play the scheme. I'm not asking him to be a locker room cancer, I'm just stating why I would never consider him "THE BEST". Love him or hate him, there's no doubt he's top 5. I just view things a little differently than others people.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      Wright, Maxwell, Smith?
      KJ Wright is replaceable as is Malcolm Smith. Yes, I understand he was the SM MVP but trust me, he's replaceable by the draft.

Byron Maxwell may be replaceable depending on the development of Jeremy Lane, or Tharold Simon or Eric Pinkins.

Seattle coaches truly develop their CBs... that's obvious now.
      "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
        KJ Wright is replaceable as is Malcolm Smith. Yes, I understand he was the SM MVP but trust me, he's replaceable by the draft.

Byron Maxwell may be replaceable depending on the development of Jeremy Lane, or Tharold Simon or Eric Pinkins.

Malcom smith is a second team linebacker. It's incredible that a second teamer earns Super Bowl MVP honors.

Jeremy Lane is an outstanding corner back. Offenses try to pick on him because the alternative is Sherman. He continually rises to the challenge. Within two years, he'll be talked about as another Seattle shut down CB. Maxwell is a stud.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
          I will never, ever, consider Sherman the best CB in the league when he doesn't take on the other teams best receiver.
          champ baily rarely followed wrs to the other side
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

You are free to hold whatever opinion you wish. You don't even need to have a reason. Even though Sherman does take on the best receiver when he doesn't try to avoid Sherman. Sherman plays the scheme his coordinator implements. When the number one receiver does line up against him and they challenge Sherman like SF did on their last play in the NFC championship game, we saw the usual result.

That's why they avoid him.

you mean when he tipped a underthrown ball?
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
              He tipped a well thrown ball to a receiver he covered perfectly. He seems to have a knack for doing that.

Comment

• When a QB decides to challenge him, you need to deal with the results.

Comment

When a QB decides to challenge him, you need to deal with the results.

I can picture a scrawny pimple faced boy trying to mimic shermans tirade after the 9r game ^^^^^
                  sigpic

Comment

If it were truly underthrown, Sherman would have INT'd it by himself.

Go back and re-watch it in slo-mo. Sherman defended it perfectly... knowing that if he tipped it up, there's a good chance for one of his teammates to intercept it.

If that pass is thrown above Sherman's outstretched hand, it's sailing over Crabtree's hands out of bounds.
                    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                      Richard Sherman 2013

Snaps: 1003
                      Yards allowed: 421
                      TD's allowed: 2
                      % of snaps covering opposing #1 WR: 27%

Chris Harris 2013

Snaps: 1059
                      Yards allowed: 561
                      TD's allowed: 1
                      % of snaps covering opposing #1 WR: 32%

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...y-cb-matchups/

What Hesky said. This is why Sherman is not "the best corner in the NFL" Look at his numbers vs. Chris Harris then look at how often he faces the #1 WR for the other team compared to the likes of Joe Haden. I understand it isn't his fault he doesn't (due to the system) but the fact still remains he doesn't....
                      sigpic

Comment

If it were truly underthrown, Sherman would have INT'd it by himself.

Go back and re-watch it in slo-mo. Sherman defended it perfectly... knowing that if he tipped it up, there's a good chance for one of his teammates to intercept it.

If that pass is thrown above Sherman's outstretched hand, it's sailing over Crabtree's hands out of bounds.

it was underthrown crab was a yard behind him...kap throws that ball to the corner not short and crab has a shot...or you run another play

crabtree was three yards deep, Sherman about two when he jumped...still had five yards of endzone for a better placed ball
                        Last edited by arapaho; 05-14-2014, 02:57 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Sherman was where he was supposed to be to make the play. Why would you assume he would not have been in the right place to make the play had it been one yard further down field?

He was where he was supposed to be. But then if you live by the coulda, shoulda, woulda standard, you have a point.

Comment

I disagree on Wright, he's pretty good. Smith is hard to say since he hasnt really started a ton. Not irreplaceable though, you cant keep everyone unfortunately, part of the cap.

I agree with CB's, Maxwell if he keeps progressing may get a very big payday somewhere either in Seattle or a FA.

If he commands 6-8 mil a year, that would be nearly 40 mil in a starting secondary.

Comment

champ baily rarely followed wrs to the other side
                              Thats not true, he covered the teams #1 most of the time.

Comment

• I wont use the not shadowing the teams #1 as a knock vs him in where he stands among the CB's (still the best imo) but if he stays on one side, is that worth 14 mil a year, thats all i've said with that regard.

I'd like my #1 CB to shadow the teams #1 WR, every play, everywhere he goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X