No announcement yet.

Kansas City is kinda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The team lost Dexter McCluster the only receiver that was actually reliable at catching the ball. They needed to replace him and have done thing.

There LB corps averaged the most pressures of any unit but to be truly elite they wanted at least 1 more rusher they didnt need depth in the 1st though.

The team had the 6th best CB unit in the league last year, so its hard to believe they need another CB, but in this case they will likely move someone to S considering they lost a good portion to FA, and the fact they dont have anyone opposite Berry that cam make a huge impact (Abdullah is overrated)

They needed a 2nd RB Davis was hopeless last year so they hope they have some insurance here not a bad idea

They lost 2 G's and some good OT's to FA but had some players they drafted last year plus these guys to maybe pick back up but its doubtful these will be year 1 impacts.

With the exception of the 1st pick it wasnt a bad draft for them they got a QB who can replace Smith if they cant get him to sign an extension and maybe they didnt sign a WR so they can force him to come back cheaper
    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
      The team lost Dexter McCluster the only receiver that was actually reliable at catching the ball. They needed to replace him and have done thing.

There LB corps averaged the most pressures of any unit but to be truly elite they wanted at least 1 more rusher they didnt need depth in the 1st though.

The team had the 6th best CB unit in the league last year, so its hard to believe they need another CB, but in this case they will likely move someone to S considering they lost a good portion to FA, and the fact they dont have anyone opposite Berry that cam make a huge impact (Abdullah is overrated)

They needed a 2nd RB Davis was hopeless last year so they hope they have some insurance here not a bad idea

They lost 2 G's and some good OT's to FA but had some players they drafted last year plus these guys to maybe pick back up but its doubtful these will be year 1 impacts.

With the exception of the 1st pick it wasnt a bad draft for them they got a QB who can replace Smith if they cant get him to sign an extension and maybe they didnt sign a WR so they can force him to come back cheaper
      I doubt there cornerbacks are 6th this year after releasing Flowers.
      sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
      UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Ok, I'll bite. If this were overreaction Monday, this thread is DEFINITELY an overreaction.

'It's hard to relate to non champions'-do you mean on Madden? Last time I checked the Broncos weren't the SB Champs either, and haven't been for awhile.

A 'bad draft' automatically means they will be bad for a long time, and automatically indicates the 'decline of Andy Reid'. Give me a break, they may have a bad year but that does not even come close to meaning it's all downhill from here for him. You never know how draft picks will turn out anyway, they may surprise.

It will depend largely on player development, free agency, use of players and etc. Look, they may be bad for the next 10 years, I don't know. However, acting like one bad draft means that will happen, or that it means Andy Reid is in for an 'embarrassing decline' is completely asinine and ridiculous. It will depend on a lot more.

If wishful thinking stunk, people as far as China would be wearing gas masks because of this thread.

Comment

The thing about Kansas City is this. Even when you do draft good players, it doesn't improve your team. You could have 10 ProBowl players in a season and not get past the wildcard round. Why is that? Its as if KC can't see the forest through the trees. Good teams are the incarnation of the old saying 'the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts'. Somehow Kansas City Chief's team is more like 'the whole is less than the sum of it's parts' which shouldn't be possible. But look at the last few years.

Actually lets go back further than a few years since you brought up 'in a while'......

The last 6 post season appearances were <cough> one&dones ... Kansas City is a little

lacking
          1994 AFC Wild Card Loss
          1995 AFC Divisional Loss
          1997 AFC Divisional Loss
          2003 AFC Divisional Loss
          2006 AFC Wild Card Loss
          2010 AFC Wild Card Loss

We were AFC Champions last season which KC competed for. Well, KC arguably competed for. Are you suggesting I base any predictions on your faith and hope that your organization will turn things around? Because if I base it on history - recent history - like the last 10-20 years, I'd say things do look sketchy for KC. At least if you have a decent season, it could be called an improvement though. So you have that going for you.

I honestly think you're a better team that your record suggests - underachieving must be a bummer. You guys won a Superbowl back in like 1970 right? I'll give you a for that -even though it's been 'quite a while for you guys' but still more than San Diego can say ...

As long as John Elway is in command in Denver, the rest of the AFCW is going to have a hard time getting past them. It's going to take an exceptional team to get past Denver. Lucky for the AFCW, Denver's success is leading to promotions for up and coming staff talent which our rivals are gobbling up. KC's the only team that hasn't so far - and for that, I thank you guys. At least if and when you do overcome Denver's domination you can say you did it all on your own. Let's cross that bridge when we get to it though

Speaking of "wishful thinking"~ That's really all you have in KC. At least Denver has a few AFCW Division Championship banners to look at in the past few years to go along with an AFC Championship. It's a lot easier to think about winning with all the recent successes rather than wish for them with recent mediocrity. It stinks a lot less in Denver than it does in Kansas City ....if 'wishful thinking stinks'

The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

As long as John Elway is in command in Denver, the rest of the AFCW is going to have a hard time getting past them. It's going to take an exceptional team to get past Denver.
            BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

gee, i wonder if renting one of the greatest QB's of all time has anything to do with your recent success? all elway has done is write big checks. he hasn't made too many impressive moves as a GM or scout.

easy to look good when you can throw money around like elway has been doing.

he gets all this credit solely for the big money FA signings, heck man i can do that! lets see how good of a GM he is when he isn't in cap heaven and has to actually do his job and make some key moves to stay under cap yet stay competitive without peyton manning making him look good.

in a couple years at most, your team is going to be struggling big time unless you get lucky and osweiler fills even half the void that manning will no doubt leave behind when he retires.

at the same time, your success will drive the price up on all of your top players and they will all demand big money.

i think that the broncos may very likely see their darkest days in the next few years and if you dont get a ring out of it (the only way spending all this money will be worth it) elway could find himself without a job.
            Last edited by baphamet; 06-24-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

gee, i wonder if renting one of the greatest QB's of all time has anything to do with your recent success? all elway has done is write big checks. he hasn't made too many impressive moves as a GM or scout.

he gets all this credit solely for the big money FA signings, heck man i can do that! lets see how good of a GM he is when he isn't in cap heaven and has to actually do his job and make some key moves to stay under cap yet stay competitive without peyton manning making him look good.

in a couple years at most, your team is going to be struggling big time unless you get lucky and osweiler fills even half the void that manning will no doubt leave behind when he retires.

at the same time, your success will drive the price up on all of your top players and they will all demand big money.

i think that the broncos may very likely see their darkest days in the next few years and if you dont get a ring out of it (the only way spending all this money will be worth it) elway could find himself without a job.
              Elway took over a 4-12 franchise and Denver has won 3 straight AFCW Crowns.
              Oh and Peyton had other suitors Arizona, Miami, Tennesee,SF, & Seattle and Elway was able sign Manning over them. You act like he overpaid for last years MVP.
              Elway new Peyton would attract Free Agents like Welker.
              He signed Vasquez who your franchise didn't want, he turned out to be an All Pro.
              Another pick up Terrance Pot Roast Knighton who is now one of the best DT's in the league.
              In the draft Elway has landed some hidden gems
              Julius Thomas - 4th rd
              Danny Trevethan - 6th rd
              Malik Jackson - 5th rd
              Chris Harris - undrafted FA
              But your right he threw $ at a QB and went from 4-12 to the Superbowl.
              Last edited by 58Miller; 06-24-2014, 07:43 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

lolol 58Miller ... ouch

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  Well he couldnt land Freeney, or Donald Brown those are impressive free agent additions .
                  had we acquired john elway rather than tom telesco, we would indeed see how good of a GM he actually is. SD has been in cap hell since the moment telesco got here and when we signed freeney, it was out of pure desperation due to the fact that we let Philips go and ingram was lost for most of the year. we had nobody to rush the passer at that point except our bust first round draft pick English.

as far as Donald brown goes? umm he was a decent third string pick up for us, i don't see the issue there, he is an upgrade over ronnie brown at this point, is he not? oh and who's running backs look better at this point? your or ours? our top 2 backs are better than any back on your team currently.

we have been rebuilding this team mainly through the draft because we don't have money to throw around like elway does and to be honest, throwing money at high profile FA's is not a way to build a team (unless peyton manning falls in your lap of course).

elway is trying to win a ring now because he knows manning will be gone soon, that's the only reason why he is doing it (giving him the benefit of he doubt here)

speaking of FA signings, we just signed a former probowl CB with only like $3 million in cap space. whats more impressive? adding talent when you have very little money to do it? or simply writing big checks to make your team better?

elway is the most over-rated GM in the game right now due to the FA's hes brought in. as if any team could do what hes doing and he is the only one smart enough to break out the pen and write the checks?

this crap is going to bite elway in the end, mark my words. to me, the only question is, will it be worth it? will you have a ring to show for it?
                  Last edited by baphamet; 06-24-2014, 07:39 PM.

Comment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

When you're paying a QB big money like the Broncos are - it doesn't make it easier to find cap space - it makes it harder. I will grant you that when Manning leaves, there will be a void even if Osweiller does fine. I mean we're talking about arguably one of the greatest QB to play NFL football.

Denver's darkest days in the next few years ehh? rofl no way. Elway actually knows what he's doing. He's not some suit exec .... he's a guy who understands what happens at field level - he can relate to free agents because he was a player. This is all future stuff though so you can have your opinion and I can have mine. I can tell you this though with all honesty - I feel at ease having John Elway at the helm and I truly believe the rest of the AFCW is fighting an uphill battle. Good luck though Baph

Comment

lolol 58Miller ... ouch
                      i'm surprised you guys didn't go after brown, you need him more than we do lol

Comment

i'm surprised you guys didn't go after brown, you need him more than we do lol
                        Elway took over a 4-12 franchise and Denver has won 3 straight AFCW Crowns.Oh and Peyton had other suitors Arizona, Miami, Tennesee,SF, & Seattle and Elway was able sign Manning over them. You act like he overpaid for last years MVP.Elway new Peyton would attract Free Agents like Welker, Ward, Ware, & Talib.He signed Vasquez who your franchise didn't want, he turned out to be an All Pro.Another pick up Terrance Pot Roast Knighton who is now one of the best DT's in the league.In the draft Elway has landed some hidden gems: Julius Thomas - 4th rd, Danny Trevethan - 6th rd, Malik Jackson - 5th rd, Chris Harris - undrafted FA
                        But your right he just threw $ at a HOF QB and went from 4-12 to the Superbowl.
                        Last edited by 58Miller; 06-24-2014, 07:49 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

When you're paying a QB big money like the Broncos are - it doesn't make it easier to find cap space - it makes it harder. I will grant you that when Manning leaves, there will be a void even if Osweiller does fine. I mean we're talking about arguably one of the greatest QB to play NFL football.
                          even after you signed manning you guys had tons of cap space, that argument is irrelevant.

" according to OverTheCap.com, the Broncos had the 11th most cap space in the NFL during the 2013 season. They had over $6.5 million ($6,603,990, exactly) of cap space left over in 2013."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ney-best-spent

Denver's darkest days in the next few years ehh? rofl no way. Elway actually knows what he's doing. He's not some suit exec .... he's a guy who understands what happens at field level - he can relate to free agents because he was a player. This is all future stuff though so you can have your opinion and I can have mine. I can tell you this though with all honesty - I feel at ease having John Elway at the helm and I truly believe the rest of the AFCW is fighting an uphill battle. Good luck though Baph
                          okay so he has played the game at a high level. does that mean he is a great talent evaluater? yes he's shown he can write big checks and throw money at players that have already established themselves in the NFL.

but what happens when he has to actually build a team? is he just going to keep writing big checks? no, that's not going to happen. he is just doing that now because the broncos had the cap space to do it and he is trying to win now because manning's days are clearly numbered in Denver.

i don't care how good of a player he once was or how much he can relate to the FA's he signs, that's not going to help him much when he actually has to build a team through the draft or when he has to add talent when he doesn't have all this money to throw around.

i understand that you feel good about having him as your GM at this point but thinking it's going to stay like this is comical.

Comment

Elway took over a 4-12 franchise and Denver has won 3 straight AFCW Crowns.Oh and Peyton had other suitors Arizona, Miami, Tennesee,SF, & Seattle and Elway was able sign Manning over them. You act like he overpaid for last years MVP.Elway new Peyton would attract Free Agents like Welker, Ward, Ware, & Talib.He signed Vasquez who your franchise didn't want, he turned out to be an All Pro.Another pick up Terrance Pot Roast Knighton who is now one of the best DT's in the league.In the draft Elway has landed some hidden gems: Julius Thomas - 4th rd, Danny Trevethan - 6th rd, Malik Jackson - 5th rd, Chris Harris - undrafted FA
                            But your right he just threw $ at a HOF QB and went from 4-12 to the Superbowl.
                            is manning the only big money signing he has made? no i don't buy that elway signed manning because he knew it would attract other FA's

i am not saying he just threw money at manning. i'm not just talking about manning, i thought manning was an excellent signing for you guys and was necessary so you could get rid of tebow, even if i did think he wasn't an elite QB anymore at the time.

at that point he was desperate for a real QB and the fact that so many other teams wanted manning doesn't make him smarter or a better GM than them, especially when he didn't even offer manning the most money.

Comment

is manning the only big money signing he has made? no i don't buy that elway signed manning because he knew it would attract other FA's

i am not saying he just threw money at manning. i'm not just talking about manning, i thought manning was an excellent signing for you guys and was necessary so you could get rid of tebow, even if i did think he wasn't an elite QB anymore at the time.

at that point he was desperate for a real QB and the fact that so many other teams wanted manning doesn't make him smarter or a better GM than them, especially when he didn't even offer manning the most money.
                              Why did Manning go to Denver?
                              Last edited by 58Miller; 06-24-2014, 08:12 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Why did Manning go to Denver?
                                you will have to ask him that. anything else is speculation. he didn't pick the team with the best roster or the team that offered the most money. i'm sure elway had something to do with it but was that the only reason? i don't think so.

the more important question is, will elway be able to continue to just sign all these big name FA's to huge contracts? or will he have to build a team through the draft eventually?

Comment

Working...
                                X