Kansas City is kinda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Really Baphs first our second round QB probably wont succeed and now Monte Ball is not a capable back? Neither player has even started an Nfl game!
    Ball and Anderson were rookies below is a comparison of rookie season stats. Matthews started 9 of the those games, Ball zero.
    ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST
    M.Ball 120 559 4.7 45 4 35 2 2
    Anderson 7 38 5.4 11 0 0 0 0
    Matthews 158 678 4.3 31T 7 22 5 3
    D. Brown 78 281 3.6 45 3 11 1 0
    Woodhead 15 64 4.3 16 0 0 0 0
    These numbers aren't far off Baphs I don't see why your running backs are so much better.

because he is baprod the boy genius !! and every opinion of his is fact and if he's gonna use a laugh or smirk smilie to prove it
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
      so your saying qbs drafted in the second round rarely make it...that's your proof the odds are against him?
      its not proof of anything, it's just the reality of the situation.

how about teams with a qb will rarely draft a qb early unless they know the end is near...they draft for backups
      most teams that draft a QB in the second round don't waste a pick like that on a back up. usually the QB's that fall into the second and third rounds are QB's with the potential to possibly start but are raw and need work to refine their game or transition to the NFL from college.

elway knew oz, he followed oz...and some scouts and experts who discussed or talked about oz thought if he had waited a yr he was a sure 1st round pick and maybe the 1st qb off the board

as it was he declared and with him sitting there elway figured he had his 1st round qb and future starter at a 2nd rnd price and pulled the trigger...
      he i a developmental QB no matter how you look at it. you can say elway knows him and elway knows all! but the fact of the matter is, he was not and IMO is not a first round caliber QB because he is not NFL ready like a first round QB should be.

i also don't think one more year of college would have done much either except give him more starting experience. if you look at the scouting report, he seems to have confidence issues and issues with decision making, among other things.

all stuff that can be fixed yes but it's all stuff that comes with the territory when you draft a second round project QB. you donko homers want to act like the broncos will be in good hands after manning retires because you trust elways judgement?

you don't know whats going to happen when dude finally gets his chance to start and if history tells us anything, it tells us the odds are not great he can do it.

that was my point and a point i don't really think can be argued.

not to mention the fact that elway wont be coaching him, fox and whoever your QB's coach is, will. and whats fox's track record when it comes to developing QB's again?

im pretty sure im gonna trust a HOF qbs judgement over a pothead bolt fans
      you mean the same "pot head bolt fan" that told you cuter was a career loser? same one that told you tebow is not starting material? the same one that told you rivers would have a resurgence lats year?

soon you are going to come to realize that maybe i do know what i am talking about when it comes to QB's? and with this, i'm just stating the obvious. you have a developmental type QB that you seem to think is a no miss and i think you are being very delusional with that line of thinking.

if he works out for you that's great but its an uphill battle for him due to what i just said and combined with the fact that your offense does not have a heavy emphasis on the running game currently.

if that doesn't change before Brock Osweiler make his first start, its going to be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        Really Baphs first our second round QB probably wont succeed and now Monte Ball is not a capable back? Neither player has even started an Nfl game!
        Ball and Anderson were rookies below is a comparison of rookie season stats. Matthews started 9 of the those games, Ball zero.
        ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST
        M.Ball 120 559 4.7 45 4 35 2 2
        Anderson 7 38 5.4 11 0 0 0 0
        Matthews 158 678 4.3 31T 7 22 5 3
        D. Brown 78 281 3.6 45 3 11 1 0
        Woodhead 15 64 4.3 16 0 0 0 0
        These numbers aren't far off Baphs I don't see why your running backs are so much better.
        montee ball is literally the only back you currently have that might be worth anything IMHO

your backs as a whole are garbage, your best back is ball who is still unproven and could not take the starting position from a bust running back? that's what makes me doubt him a little bit.

if he was so good he should have been starting his rookie year or at least got more looks than he did. you can compare their rookie seasons and act like because they are comparable then that must mean your backs will turn out like woodhead and mathews but that's not very logical.

my point is that we have not two but three proven backs in our back field, you don't even have one that's proven he can play yet. montee ball still has to prove he can be the guy and yes he will need to be the guy because that's pretty much all you got

that said, i think he (and all your backs) are in a great position to succeed (unlike Brock Osweiler) due to defenses homing in on peyton and the passing attack, so they should have plenty of room to run.

elway is making the mistake of not putting an emphasis on the running game because he has manning and wants to win now, a decision that will likely come back to haunt him if he doesn't do something about it before manning retires or implodes.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          because he is baprod the boy genius !! and every opinion of his is fact and if he's gonna use a laugh or smirk smilie to prove it
          and does that make you arapatroll the boy whiner? it's hilarious how you always whine that i play my opinion off as fact yet i put "IMO" in almost every post i make?

do i need to put a disclaimer in my sig just for you so you know that the stuff i say is just my opinion unless stated otherwise? seriously dude, grow a freakin pair!

your smack tactics will never change, when you don't have anything to fire back with....just whine! works every time!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            montee ball is literally the only back you currently have that might be worth anything IMHO

your backs as a whole are garbage, your best back is ball who is still unproven and could not take the starting position from a bust running back? that's what makes me doubt him a little bit.

if he was so good he should have been starting his rookie year or at least got more looks than he did. you can compare their rookie seasons and act like because they are comparable then that must mean your backs will turn out like woodhead and mathews but that's not very logical.

my point is that we have not two but three proven backs in our back field, you don't even have one that's proven he can play yet. montee ball still has to prove he can be the guy and yes he will need to be the guy because that's pretty much all you got

that said, i think he (and all your backs) are in a great position to succeed (unlike Brock Osweiler) due to defenses homing in on peyton and the passing attack, so they should have plenty of room to run.

elway is making the mistake of not putting an emphasis on the running game because he has manning and wants to win now, a decision that will likely come back to haunt him if he doesn't do something about it before manning retires or implodes.
            Elway used a 2nd rd pick on Montae Ball a workhorse running back who carried the load in college.
            Elway also invested a 2nd rd pick on LG Franklin, a 3rd rd pick on RT Schoefield and a 2nd round pick on WR Latimer, all players who are all best at run blocking. He also invested in All-Pro right guard Louis Vasquez to say Elway is ignoring the run game is untrue, its is a work in progress and this season should be more balanced.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X