Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats this I hear? The Broncos have "Closed the Gap" with the Seahawks?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rigelian View Post
    It was probavly a blown coverage. Two players followed Wilson on the rollout and released Miller. The Saints were playing cover zero and one of those players probably assumed help over the top that wasn't there.

Similarly, unless I see the way the coverages worked on the plays you used as an example, I have no idea what happened with Sanders.
    Ok Riggs. You couldn't see Cromartie bite on the play action and Sanders speed to much for him to make up that's fine. I understand what taking the top off a defense is, Randy Moss made a HOF career out of taking the top off defenses with his leaping ability double teams didn't even work a lot of times, this lead to the middle of the field being open for his teammates and helped the run game. Teams will put a guy on Sanders on the outside, they may be able to press him, if he gets by them Manning will make them pay.
    Keep studying your film and PFF. I don't have to rely on stats to know a player is good or not. Compare Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker's numbers last two seasons to the numbers they had with Orton and Tebow, Manning is a better QB than Big Ben and he has a better line and better weapons and a better offense Sanders numbers will go up.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      Ok Riggs. You couldn't see Cromartie bite on the play action and Sanders speed to much for him to make up that's fine. I understand what taking the top off a defense is, Randy Moss made a HOF career out of taking the top off defenses with his leaping ability double teams didn't even work a lot of times, this lead to the middle of the field being open for his teammates and helped the run game. Teams will put a guy on Sanders on the outside, they may be able to press him, if he gets by them Manning will make them pay.
      Keep studying your film and PFF. I don't have to rely on stats to know a player is good or not. Compare Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker's numbers last two seasons to the numbers they had with Orton and Tebow, Manning is a better QB than Big Ben and he has a better line and better weapons and a better offense Sanders numbers will go up.
      Let me get this straight, are you seriously saying that that video I showed you supports the notion that Zach Miller is a threat to take the top off a defense? I find that amusing.

As for Cromarte biting on the play action, he was in the picture when the play action was executed. I don't know what got him out of position.

Randy Moss is a perfect example of someone who can take the top off a defense, big and fast. Desean Jackson is another one. Sanders...two inconclusive videos doesn't do it.

Comment

Let me get this straight, are you seriously saying that that video I showed you supports the notion that Zach Miller is a threat to take the top off a defense? I find that amusing.

As for Cromarte biting on the play action, he was in the picture when the play action was executed. I don't know what got him out of position.

Randy Moss is a perfect example of someone who can take the top off a defense, big and fast. Desean Jackson is another one. Sanders...two inconclusive videos doesn't do it.
        sanders is not bad , but he wasn't a number 1 receiver in Pittsburgh
        Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
          sanders is not bad , but he wasn't a number 1 receiver in Pittsburgh
          I doubt Sanders will be a number 1 for Denver. DT will. I just don't know if he is the over the top type of guy.

Comment

I doubt Sanders will be a number 1 for Denver. DT will. I just don't know if he is the over the top type of guy.

decker 40 4.54

decker was big but he struggled getting off press and seemed to fight for the flag more then the ball at times...but he could not stretch the field

sanders 4.41 40

nfl draft
            Strengths Sanders has an explosive first step and very good top-end speed to stretch the field. Drops his hips well and has the lateral agility to make plays in space after the catch

he will never be the #1 wr, he will be the slot after welker is gone...but for now his speed is better then deckers and he will stretch the field
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
              decker 40 4.54

decker was big but he struggled getting off press and seemed to fight for the flag more then the ball at times...but he could not stretch the field

sanders 4.41 40

nfl draft

he will never be the #1 wr, he will be the slot after welker is gone...but for now his speed is better then deckers and he will stretch the field
              I figured him as a slot type receiver myself. DT has a better 40 time and I figured he would be more the over the top guy than Sanders.

Comment

I figured him as a slot type receiver myself. DT has a better 40 time and I figured he would be more the over the top guy than Sanders.

he will move to the slot is my opi9nion if or when welker leaves

latimer ran a 4.39 two months after surgery to repair a broken foot at his proday...he will be the #2 as sanders rotates to the slot

Thomas ran a 3.38 at his

so what you should see is two big wrs with a huge catch radius and elite speed and a speedy slot wr by next yr if not at times this yr
                Last edited by arapaho; 08-06-2014, 03:40 PM.
                sigpic
                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Whatever you want to think I said Riggs just think that ok!
                  For the record any team that puts a corner man to man against Sanders on the outside in Denvers offense with out any help over the top is going to pay.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                    he will move to the slot is my opi9nion if or when welker leaves

latimer ran a 4.39 two months after surgery to repair a broken foot at his proday...he will be the #2 as sanders rotates to the slot

Thomas ran a 3.38 at his

so what you should see is two big wrs with a huge catch radius and elite speed and a speedy slot wr by next yr if not at times this yr
                    Rookie wide receivers usually don't do all that well. So I would expect that Latimer is likely to be a factor next year. As far as the Seahawks are concerned they match up with big wide receivers much better than they match up with small quick ones. Ty Hilton and Titus Young gave them fits but Calvin Johnson? Not so much.

When we played the Broncos I was far more concerned with Welker than Thomas.

Comment

Rookie wide receivers usually don't do all that well. So I would expect that Latimer is likely to be a factor next year. As far as the Seahawks are concerned they match up with big wide receivers much better than they match up with small quick ones. Ty Hilton and Titus Young gave them fits but Calvin Johnson? Not so much.

When we played the Broncos I was far more concerned with Welker than Thomas.
                      Yeah and DT only caught 13 passes and Welker 8. What would you label Sanders as a big or small wr?
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah and DT only caught 13 passes and Welker 8. What would you label Sanders as a big or small wr?
                        I didn't worry much about DT. I was right---not much damage from him at all. What I was surprised about was their ability to keep Welker in line. However, Welker got open with more room much more than DT. He was turning Thurmond every way but inside out.

Sanders seems like a tweener.

Comment

• Kam Chancellor believes that his repaired hip will allow him to hit even harder this year. http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...05&src=desktop

He is pain free for the first time in his career, which could mean a lot more pain for the players he faces each week.

"I'm 100 percent and it's kind of scary, literally.” Chancellor said Tuesday on 710 ESPN Seattle. "I feel a lot stronger. I feel like I can hit harder because I can run faster. I feel really powerful, like nothing can stop me.”

Oh oh.

Comment

Kam Chancellor believes that his repaired hip will allow him to hit even harder this year. http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...05&src=desktop

He is pain free for the first time in his career, which could mean a lot more pain for the players he faces each week.

"I'm 100 percent and it's kind of scary, literally.” Chancellor said Tuesday on 710 ESPN Seattle. "I feel a lot stronger. I feel like I can hit harder because I can run faster. I feel really powerful, like nothing can stop me.”

Oh oh.
                            Good for him he's a great player.

Von Miller is back in All Pro shape:
                            http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/07/2...image-in-2014/

Demarcus Ware feeling stronger and faster than he has in last 2 yrs:
                            http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-two-seasons/
                            sigpic

Comment

Demarcus Ware feeling stronger and faster than he has in last 2 yrs:
                              http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-two-seasons/

Until he predictably implodes.

Comment

• The big pre season match up is almost here. I'm kind of hoping that Seattle just cruises through the game and Denver wins what they think is a hard fought victory. Then I'll laugh at the first goof ball who thinks Denver got their sweet revenge for the Super Bowl humiliation.

No matter what happens, I'm going to be able to laugh at you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X