Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
      "Why are Patriot fans" Trending

Results -
      Why are Patriot fans so obnoxious
      Why Patriot fans are the worst

Google must know all
      Yahoo you get, annoying, cry so much, be like, going to other teams message boards, reacting

guess its not just here
      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        Yea. I still can't believe how many out there are though. Even if we beat the Seahawks I would still choose Elway over Manning, and even if we win next year it will be the same. Peyton is more of a stat padder to me, Elway was a true winner.
        I can't disagree with that.

Though I also look at Peyton as a tragic sort of figure....the 'Golden Boy' who had it all, a desperate 'wanna-be-the greatest' but, so often couldn't quite put it all together when it really counted. Having to endure a lowly 6th-round, almost-forgotten nobody come out of nowhere to steal the lion's share of his era's thunder.....must be terrible burden for him to carry.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          I didn't even finish his name this time.

Give it a rest.
          Please stop slurping all over the Board.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
            Well till the last 2 years of Elways career people would of put Elway in the same category as Fran Tarkenton right below where Manning is today. Still only 1 other QB has taken 2 teams to the SB and won it once before and thats Kurt Warner. If all we did was count wins Bradshaw would be up there with Elway
            I didn't mention the stat "wins" once. Elway could will a team to victory through improvisation and determination. Manning doesn't seem to have that intangible.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
              It's the number one question people are asking on google.

I didn't make it up.

Go google... "Why is Peyton Manning"... and see what comes up.

Guess it tells us something about the way most of America (the world?) views Peyton.
              In a world of stupid topics, this one impresses me as the winner. The sheer idiocy of this post is breath-taking.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco1263 View Post
                In a world of stupid topics, this one impresses me as the winner. The sheer idiocy of this post is breath-taking.
                So many choices by him and such little time.
                sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

I didn't mention the stat "wins" once. Elway could will a team to victory through improvisation and determination. Manning doesn't seem to have that intangible.
                  Elway was a true winner.
                  Your right you never mentioned "wins" and Elway in the same sentance just implied he was more of a winner.

Elway was Mr. comeback (it took Marino an extra year to catchup) and yet at the same age as Elway was when he left football Manning has surpassed him on comebacks and 4th quarter drives. Manning even has the biggest comebacks in NFL history, so I am not seeing the disconnect here.
                  Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 06-11-2014, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
                    True dat!

But, man....did those Colts' fans slobber all over him, for years. Then, in the blink of an eye, it was like 'good riddance'!

Of course, Luck's arrival probably had something to do with that, softening the blow.
                    You know nothing of us Colt fans or Manning.
                    There are a few people that might not care that he is gone but for the most part people are mad at the whole situation.
                    Just because Colt fans are still cheering on the Colts, and Luck and they are still attending games does not mean they are happy Manning has left. They're called "fans" BoBo because they are fans of the TEAM and they support their team no matter what.
                    Go back to the Front Burner and slobber over Brady some more. You're everything Manning jealousy is getting really old.
                    Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
                    Accept it or seek therapy !
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ManningRules View Post
                      There are a few people that might not care that he is gone but for the most part people are mad at the whole situation.
                      Just because Colt fans are still cheering on the Colts, and Luck and they are still attending games does not mean they are happy Manning has left. They're called "fans" BoBo because they are fans of the TEAM and they support their team no matter what.
                      Go back to the Front Burner and slobber over Brady some more. You're everything Manning jealousy is getting really old.
                      Oh, gee, I'm sorry. I should have excepted you and a few others who use 'Manning' in their screen names since your undying love and adoration is special. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by ManningRules View Post
                        There were several on here that claimed to support Manning but that changed when they seemed to have a shot, or changed their mind when he lost saying thats what happens on a Manning team. Cant say its the same for all of you, but there are a few that were a bit of turn coats or believed he was one (despite the fact he was not given that choice).

However, when he returned Manning was not booed he was cheered which says a lot for the fans character

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                          There were several on here that claimed to support Manning but that changed when they seemed to have a shot, or changed their mind when he lost saying thats what happens on a Manning team. Cant say its the same for all of you, but there are a few that were a bit of turn coats or believed he was one (despite the fact he was not given that choice).

However, when he returned Manning was not booed he was cheered which says a lot for the fans character
                          Thanks for that input, Josh.

I was being a bit sarcastic with my old pal from the Indy Star Board, of course, but his version of everlasting solidarity and unwavering devotion by the Manning fans is somewhat tainted by his own personal convictions regarding Peyton's infallibility.

During the 2011 season, when Manning was the Colts' $18,000,000 QB coach ( ), I spent a fair amount of time on "Colts Freaks" board, which consisted of as sorry a collection of misguided misfits as you'll ever come across calling themselves football fans. The overwhelming majority of them staunchly defended Peyton against any criticism while he was a Colt, but turned on him in great numbers when It was announced he wouldn't be back.....except on any occasion when a NE fan would agree with their new-found negativity! Actually, I was probably more rational and even-keeled than many of them as far as the decisions that were made about the Colts' future plans and I remember distinctly being astonished at how quickly the mob could turn on a former hero.

For the true Manning worshipper, however, it's the old "Home, Home On The Range" routine....
                          'Where never is heard, a discouraging word, and the skies are not cloudy all day...'

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
                            Thanks for that input, Josh.

I was being a bit sarcastic with my old pal from the Indy Star Board, of course, but his version of everlasting solidarity and unwavering devotion by the Manning fans is somewhat tainted by his own personal convictions regarding Peyton's infallibility.

During the 2011 season, when Manning was the Colts' $18,000,000 QB coach ( ), I spent a fair amount of time on "Colts Freaks" board, which consisted of as sorry a collection of misguided misfits as you'll ever come across calling themselves football fans. The overwhelming majority of them staunchly defended Peyton against any criticism while he was a Colt, but turned on him in great numbers when It was announced he wouldn't be back.....except on any occasion when a NE fan would agree with their new-found negativity! Actually, I was probably more rational and even-keeled than many of them as far as the decisions that were made about the Colts' future plans and I remember distinctly being astonished at how quickly the mob could turn on a former hero.

For the true Manning worshipper, however, it's the old "Home, Home On The Range" routine....
                            'Where never is heard, a discouraging word, and the skies are not cloudy all day...'
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              Exactly....that speaks to true devotion of the average Colts' fan. But, to be fair to them, I should point out that he let them down on many, many occasions when they thought the Lombardi should have been theirs, and that probably eroded a lot of the devotion and gratitude they may once have held for him!

I don't think the NE fans would ever disrespect TB after all the joy and success he brought to them as a fanbase. Same as Elway with you guys (and girls).

Comment

This all too funny coming from a Pats fan who trolled Colts boards until manning came to Denver and he followed here too.

Seems like a lot of effort to troll-stalk one player.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X