Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vernon Davis calls Russell Wilson the best QB in the league

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vernon Davis calls Russell Wilson the best QB in the league

    Peter King's MMQB was written by a guest writer this week, Vernon Davis. Pretty good read overall. Figured I'd share it here for another reason entirely, though; he did his own version of Peter King's "Ten Things I Think I Think", and wouldn't you know it, but the first thing he thinks he thinks is:

    Originally posted by Vernon Davis
    1. I think among the 31 NFL quarterbacks who don’t throw me passes, Russell Wilson is the best. He’s got all the tools; ability to keep the play alive, and he’s very accurate with a strong arm. He exemplifies what it takes to be a winning QB in the NFL. If you asked me to choose based on record and experience, I’ll take Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but in terms of right now, my pick is Wilson.
    http://mmqb.si.com/2014/06/16/vernon...quarterback/4/

    Enjoy the read; I know I did!
    Seahawks fan.

  • #2
    Well considering he's got Kaepernick throwing him the ball, I guess anyone else would look pretty good.
    sigpic

    Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

    Comment


    • #3
      Good for Vernon! Manning was the NFL's MVP last year despite Vernon's opinion. Will see where the rest of the NFL ranks Wilson and Manning on the top 100 players of 2014.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Opinions are like... well... you know how this one ends.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


        Comment


        • #5
          Ebsoria said it best. I don't know if the OP is trying to make the 'he's in the NFL, so he must be right' claim that many make at times, but that argument is flawed all over the place.

          Most NFL players would disagree with his opinion, so that invalidates the whole argument anyway.

          Comment


          • #6
            One player's opinion vs statistics and years of experience. Wewt.
            Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              Good for Vernon! Manning was the NFL's MVP last year despite Vernon's opinion. Will see where the rest of the NFL ranks Wilson and Manning on the top 100 players of 2014.
              Well 98% of the those that voted must be wrong for thinking he deserved it then

              Then again Brady was the MVPNNP (Most Valuable Player Not Named Peyton) with the other 2%
              Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 06-16-2014, 01:03 PM.
              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

              Comment


              • #8
                Maybe he's just using a different measuring stick than everybody else.

                It surprised me but it's really no big deal.

                The fact that Wilson is starting to be mentioned with the elite QBs of the league is satisfying.
                "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                  Well considering he's got Kaepernick throwing him the ball, I guess anyone else would look pretty good.
                  Actually the OP is wrong he says:
                  But the NFL’s top QB other than Colin Kaepernick, according to the 49ers tight end, is the Seattle Seahawks’ Russell Wilson
                  http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2...in-kaepernick/

                  The article he posted one of the topics was:
                  the identity of the best QB not named Colin Kaepernick

                  So he still thinks his QB is the best and followed by the QB's in his division. He probably would put Bradford and Palmer at 3 and 4
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
                    Maybe he's just using a different measuring stick than everybody else.

                    It surprised me but it's really no big deal.

                    The fact that Wilson is starting to be mentioned with the elite QBs of the league is satisfying.
                    except he isn't elite. just like joe flacco or eli manning isn't. same thing happened when those guys won rings, they instantly get vastly over-rated like wilson is now.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                      So he still thinks his QB is the best and followed by the QB's in his division. He probably would put Bradford and Palmer at 3 and 4
                      Wait, you honestly believe Vernon Davis believes his QB is the best in the league? Give me a break. Players don't throw their quarterbacks under the bus, lol. You don't believe in the Easter Bunny, do you? Vernon Davis having the little caveat in there for Kaepernick is easily explained by looking up the definition for the acronym "CYA".
                      Seahawks fan.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RolandDeschain View Post
                        Wait, you honestly believe Vernon Davis believes his QB is the best in the league? Give me a break. Players don't throw their quarterbacks under the bus, lol. You don't believe in the Easter Bunny, do you? Vernon Davis having the little caveat in there for Kaepernick is easily explained by looking up the definition for the acronym "CYA".
                        Thats my point receiver logic is whose throwing me the ball, and players will talk about how they have better players then other divisions do. This thread is nothing more then showing that a player has bias towards his team and division (what a shocker). Also I was responding to the post that said he doesnt have Kaep #1, well he does thats why the phrase is best QB that isnt Kaepernick.

                        Heck when players leave teams they talk about how their new QB is so much better then the one they had previously despite logic showing otherwise. Its stupid to assume that if they werent playing or in that division they would think that way or say they think that way

                        Hence why I said he probably thinks Bradford and Palmer are #3 and #4. Heck ask a player on the Broncos and I would not be surprised if they will tell you its Manning then Rivers then Smith and Schaub.
                        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 06-17-2014, 06:43 AM.
                        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                          Ebsoria said it best. I don't know if the OP is trying to make the 'he's in the NFL, so he must be right' claim that many make at times, but that argument is flawed all over the place.

                          Most NFL players would disagree with his opinion, so that invalidates the whole argument anyway.
                          If it was Patrick Willis or Bowman stating this I would take it serious because they actually have to stop Wilson.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                            If it was Patrick Willis or Bowman stating this I would take it serious because they actually have to stop Wilson.
                            Well yeah but like with Talib calling Manning the best QB you still have to take it with a grain of salt. Still a defensive player can definitely tell first hand how much better an individual they play against is, versus an offensive player who only sees a player 2 or 3 times a year from the sidelines
                            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              except he isn't elite. just like joe flacco or eli manning isn't. same thing happened when those guys won rings, they instantly get vastly over-rated like wilson is now.
                              Thus far, five QBs have been named in the NFL's Top 100 players as voted by the players... Stafford at 100, Kaepernick at 81, Romo at 71. Foles at 70 and Flacco at 58... and sixty players total have been named.

                              I'm guessing that there's at most 10 more QBs to be named in the top 40 players in the league and Wilson will be one of them.

                              Exactly where he will fall is anybody's guess but if he falls in at #7 or above, his peers consider him "elite" even if you don't.
                              "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X