Vernon Davis calls Russell Wilson the best QB in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    So make yourself clear. Is Russell Wilson as good as Manning, Brees, Rodgers, & Brady?
    It doesn't matter if he makes himself clear. You guys will ignore it and claim that he's saying Wilson is the best ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigelian View Post
      It doesn't matter if he makes himself clear. You guys will ignore it and claim that he's saying Wilson is the best ever.
      You stated he is between 5th and 9th right?
      But go ahead and do the same thing you accuse us of doing.
      sigpic

Comment

You stated he is between 5th and 9th right?
        But go ahead and do the same thing you accuse us of doing.
        58Miller I've never considered you as one of the clowns that have done that. However, if you read the comments in this thread by the Broncos fans in here, I've been claiming Wilson is the GOAT.

Comment

So make yourself clear. Is Russell Wilson as good as Manning, Brees, Rodgers, & Brady?
          Wilson is better than Eli Manning! In no way is Wilson on par with Peyton Manning. Nor is Wilson on par with Rodgers, Brady, or Brees

Let me rewrite that because no matter how clear I have been in the past that there is an elite group of QBs composed of Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees, I swear that is how Donkeys fans read comments from Seahawk fans. One more time:

Wilson is better than Eli Manning! In no way is Wilson on par with Peyton Manning. Nor is Wilson on par with Rodgers, Brady, or Brees

That set of four QBs has separated itself from all others based on years of consistent high performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLULute View Post

Let me rewrite that because no matter how clear I have been in the past that there is an elite group of QBs composed of Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees, I swear that is how Donkeys fans read comments from Seahawk fans. One more time:

That set of four QBs has separated itself from all others based on years of consistent high performance.
            Cool, why do we keep writing back and forth on a page about Vernon Davis opinion then?
            sigpic

Comment

Cool, why do we keep writing back and forth on a page about Vernon Davis opinion then?
              Because one person thought that VD's opinion was great fodder for discussion. It quickly morphed to Seahawk fans saying that VD is wrong, that Wilson is not on par with the elite group, but he is much, much better than the characteristic refrain that Wilson is just a reincarnation of Trent Dilfer which we as Seahawk fans hear all the time.

As Seahawk fans, it seems that there is huge disrespect for what Wilson has done. A lot of fans demand counting stats. If you don't throw the ball 35+ times/game, then it must be that your coaches don't trust you to throw the ball. That is another refrain that is posted regularly. There is no acknowledging that not every head coach buys into the belief that the best way to win games is to air the ball out all day long. The refrain is simply if you aren't asked to throw the ball more often, you can't throw the ball more often. That has been stated here time and again.

What is your opinion about Wilson? How would you rank Wilson among the set of QBs who are not elite? Why?

Comment

• lets just close it out today with these wise words from our sponsers

Until further notice, Wilson is a game manager with the potential to be a very good qb

that is all, thank you for comeing
                sigpic
                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by PLULute View Post
                  Because one person thought that VD's opinion was great fodder for discussion. It quickly morphed to Seahawk fans saying that VD is wrong, that Wilson is not on par with the elite group, but he is much, much better than the characteristic refrain that Wilson is just a reincarnation of Trent Dilfer which we as Seahawk fans hear all the time.

As Seahawk fans, it seems that there is huge disrespect for what Wilson has done. A lot of fans demand counting stats. If you don't throw the ball 35+ times/game, then it must be that your coaches don't trust you to throw the ball. That is another refrain that is posted regularly. There is no acknowledging that not every head coach buys into the belief that the best way to win games is to air the ball out all day long. The refrain is simply if you aren't asked to throw the ball more often, you can't throw the ball more often. That has been stated here time and again.

What is your opinion about Wilson? How would you rank Wilson among the set of QBs who are not elite? Why?
                  After how well Wilson played last year I don't have a problem putting him between 5 & 9. His first two years in the league puts him in the top ten in the league, he has been consistent with what he has been asked to do.
                  I don't think he should be punished because he doesn't throw the ball 600 times a year but at the same time I don't think he should be compared to that group until he does. His ability to extend a play is the best I've seen since my favorite QB John Elway. Watch the video below from the 1:3o minute mark on and you'll see what I mean.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X