Wanna see the most beautiful ring ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RolandDeschain View Post

None, because Texas A&M didn't invent it, despite the USPTO granting them the rights to it. It was invented decades before A&M started using it in Minnesota of all places. Why do you think they licensed it to Seattle for peanuts? If Paul Allen and his gazillions want to fight it, Texas A&M will have their rights to it revoked as a result of a true legal battle over it.
    The Aggies trace their use to 1922, when an injury-plagued roster led the team to pull E. King Gill from the stands and suited him up to play. Gill never took to the field, but the legend strengthened campus-wide commitment to support the team. The words "Home of 12th Man" adorn the stadium and the entire school is considered the 12th Man.

"We absolutely respect their tradition," Leiweke said. "I've learned a lot about it. Our entire organization has learned a lot about it. It's pretty amazing how far back it goes."

$100,000.00 UP FRONT AND $5000.00 bucks a year is hardly nothing and if The Hawks could have won they would have tried....the gave up and paid the 12th man
    Originally posted by baphamet
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
      And there is no such thing as a "Seahawk" so what's your point. Your mascot is actually an augur buzzard.
      Bronco isn't a specific type of horse or anything, either; so what's your point? A bronco is defined as an untamed or untrained horse of some kind...Well, that's pretty accurate for you guys, I guess. The Broncos looked pretty damn untrained in the Super Bowl.

For real, though; there are tons of colloquial terms for things that are commonly accepted. People all throughout the south call any cola soda a Coke regardless of its brand, for example. People in the northeast pronounce "wash" as if it has an "r" in it, etc. Your "point" is literally one of the dumbest things I've ever read, DarkHorse.
      Seahawks fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
        So how much in royalties do the Seahawks have to pay Texas A&M for putting the 12 Man on their ring?
        Nothing. It's just the number 12. Nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
          We are going to kick your asses in your barn.

I'll take that bet.

Comment

Bronco isn't a specific type of horse or anything, either; so what's your point? A bronco is defined as an untamed or untrained horse of some kind...Well, that's pretty accurate for you guys, I guess. The Broncos looked pretty damn untrained in the Super Bowl.

For real, though; there are tons of colloquial terms for things that are commonly accepted. People all throughout the south call any cola soda a Coke regardless of its brand, for example. People in the northeast pronounce "wash" as if it has an "r" in it, etc. Your "point" is literally one of the dumbest things I've ever read, DarkHorse.

*Shakes head*
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Thecooltune View Post
              Nothing. It's just the number 12. Nothing more.
              So what does the 12 represent? yeah that's what i thought.
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                That ring is sweet, I hate that it came at my teams expense....but still a very cool one.

This one from the year the Chargers almost beat the team that almost won the SB is a really nice one as well.

Comment

They also played like an untrained horse that had a particular body part cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
                    So what does the 12 represent? yeah that's what i thought.
                    Tell me what you thought. I'm sure it is insightful.

Comment

Most beautiful ring!

Second most beautiful ring.
                      Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
                      Last edited by 58Miller; 07-21-2014, 02:03 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ran across this article from 2009... I had never heard this before... interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/n...ory?id=3866837
                        "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
                          Ran across this article from 2009... I had never heard this before... interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/n...ory?id=3866837
                          Crazy! Kinda reminds me of all the Seahawks and there Adderall prescriptions. In 10-20 years who knows what the side effects will be.
                          Just giving you a hard time, thanks for sharing the story.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

Most beautiful ring!

Second most beautiful ring.
                            Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
                            That is pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by HawkCop View Post
                              Best part about that ring is the score!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X