Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 1 predictions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Week 1 predictions

    GB 13, SEA 16
    NO 20, ATL 23
    MN 13, STL 27
    CLE 20, PIT 17
    JAX 23, PHI 35
    OAK 6, NYJ 20
    CIN 17, BAL 13
    BUF 23, CHI 34
    WAS 17, HOU 24
    TN 16, KC 31
    NE 27, MIA 17
    CAR 10, TB 17
    SFO 30, DAL 17
    IND 24, DEN 27
    NYG 23, DET 20
    SD 16, AZ 24

    If you want elaboration on any pick, I'll give. So, what are you guys picks?

  • #2
    Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    GB 13, SEA 16
    NO 20, ATL 23
    MN 13, STL 27
    CLE 20, PIT 17
    JAX 23, PHI 35
    OAK 6, NYJ 20
    CIN 17, BAL 13
    BUF 23, CHI 34
    WAS 17, HOU 24
    TN 16, KC 31
    NE 27, MIA 17
    CAR 10, TB 17
    SFO 30, DAL 17
    IND 24, DEN 27
    NYG 23, DET 20
    SD 16, AZ 24

    If you want elaboration on any pick, I'll give. So, what are you guys picks?
    GB 20 Sea 16
    NO 34 Atl 24
    StL 17 Min 16
    Pit 27 Clev 17
    Phi 34 Jack 13
    NYJ 16 Oak 13
    Balt 27 Cin 24
    Chi 31 Buff 20
    Hou 13 Wash 3
    KC 20 Ten 9
    NE 19 Mia 17
    Car 20 TB 10
    SFO 34 Dal 24
    Den 27 Ind 17
    Det 27 NYG 23
    SD 19 Ariz 13
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      GB 20 Sea 16
      NO 34 Atl 24
      StL 17 Min 16
      Pit 27 Clev 17
      Phi 34 Jack 13
      NYJ 16 Oak 13
      Balt 27 Cin 24
      Chi 31 Buff 20
      Hou 13 Wash 3
      KC 20 Ten 9
      NE 19 Mia 17
      Car 20 TB 10
      SFO 34 Dal 24
      Den 27 Ind 17
      Det 27 NYG 23
      SD 19 Ariz 13
      GB 200 Sea -12 or... GB 24 Sea 17
      NO 31 Atl 20
      StL 21 Min 13
      Pit 24 Clev 10
      Phi 34 Jack 13
      NYJ 17 Oak 3
      Balt 24 Cin 31
      Chi 31 Buff 17
      Hou 17 Wash 24
      KC 14 Ten 10
      NE 27 Mia 14
      Car 23 TB 17
      SFO 30 Dal 20
      Den 31 Ind 24
      Det 28 NYG 23
      SD 17 Ariz 21
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        My pre-TC picks for week 1...

        GB 17, SEA 30
        NO 34, ATL 30
        MN 17, STL 20
        CLE 17, PIT 21
        JAX 20, PHI 28
        OAK 19, NYJ 23
        CIN 21, BAL 24
        BUF 20, CHI 30
        WAS 23, HOU 24
        TN 17, KC 24
        NE 24, MIA 13
        CAR 17, TB 13
        SFO 27, DAL 23
        IND 27, DEN 31
        NYG 20, DET 28
        SD 17, AZ 21
        "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          GB 20 Sea 16
          NO 34 Atl 24
          StL 17 Min 16
          Pit 27 Clev 17
          Phi 34 Jack 13
          NYJ 16 Oak 13
          Balt 27 Cin 24
          Chi 31 Buff 20
          Hou 13 Wash 3
          KC 20 Ten 9
          NE 19 Mia 17
          Car 20 TB 10
          SFO 34 Dal 24
          Den 27 Ind 17
          Det 27 NYG 23
          SD 19 Ariz 13
          Not seeing anything I hate here. In a low scoring game, GB does have a shot at SEA although I think SEA pulls it out.

          Although, I think ATL-NO will be closer, NO rarely beats them by more than a score, even last year when ATL went 4-12. I think ATL actually edges out that one.

          I think at home AZ will beat SD, they are better than a lot of people think. I think Cleveland may surprised some people this year if Hoyer stays healthy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
            GB 200 Sea -12 or... GB 24 Sea 17
            NO 31 Atl 20
            StL 21 Min 13
            Pit 24 Clev 10
            Phi 34 Jack 13
            NYJ 17 Oak 3
            Balt 24 Cin 31
            Chi 31 Buff 17
            Hou 17 Wash 24
            KC 14 Ten 10
            NE 27 Mia 14
            Car 23 TB 17
            SFO 30 Dal 20
            Den 31 Ind 24
            Det 28 NYG 23
            SD 17 Ariz 21
            I'd actually be surprised if CAR drops 23 on TB in Tampa. Their defense will be pretty good, and I think they'll match up well with CAR like they did in '12. Verner will be a good addition to their defense, he fits well into their system. That match up is strange in that it seems to flip flop, and favor one team one year and the other the next.

            Comment


            • #7
              My week one prediction is that you will all be wrong.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                Not seeing anything I hate here. In a low scoring game, GB does have a shot at SEA although I think SEA pulls it out.

                Although, I think ATL-NO will be closer, NO rarely beats them by more than a score, even last year when ATL went 4-12. I think ATL actually edges out that one.

                I think at home AZ will beat SD, they are better than a lot of people think. I think Cleveland may surprised some people this year if Hoyer stays healthy.
                Arizona lost Dansby and Washington will be suspended. Those two guys will hurt there d. San Diego uses every second of the clock and they dont allow big plays. Im actually suprised that everybody is picking the Cards, they dont have a run game and there d lost there best two players besides Peterson.
                The Saints d was much improved last year and now the additions of Jarius Byrd, SJB, and Champ to the secondary with Vaccaro and Lewis the Saints can slow falcons offense down.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Denver 41 Colts 16


                  Don't care about the rest

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    Arizona lost Dansby and Washington will be suspended. Those two guys will hurt there d. San Diego uses every second of the clock and they dont allow big plays. Im actually suprised that everybody is picking the Cards, they dont have a run game and there d lost there best two players besides Peterson.
                    The Saints d was much improved last year and now the additions of Jarius Byrd, SJB, and Champ to the secondary with Vaccaro and Lewis the Saints can slow falcons offense down.
                    That is true, I had forgotten about the Washington injury. Their D seems to work well together though. The Chargers defense is a pretty good 'bend but don't break' defense that doesn't let anybody decimate them, and they have done well with clock control. They do have a shot at beating AZ, and really they could have a good chance beating any opponent on their schedule. I'm looking to see if they can do well with clock control again. I just figure AZ will edge it out at home though.

                    As for NO, well they also lost some offensive players, Sproles and Moore though I'm sure they will recover well from that as they do a good job getting the most out of skill players. However, you have to take into account the match up itself between the 2, and that things out of the norm often happen in it.

                    Think about last year-ATL was 4-12, NO had a top 5 O and D and yet...both meetings were less than a score. I think ATL will be better than that this year even. NO is top notch at home, yet ATL came very close to winning down there. ATL had an awful defense last year, NO had a great offense..yet 23 and 17 points is all they gave up in 2 meetings. The 2 teams just know eachother well, and it's always close. They find ways to get the upper hand through the player match ups, familiarity and etc.

                    It's just one of those things, it's like how the Browns defense used to play Peyton Manningwell when they had Crenell. Their defense was bad, but no one seemed to play Peyton Manning better than them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                      I'd actually be surprised if CAR drops 23 on TB in Tampa. Their defense will be pretty good, and I think they'll match up well with CAR like they did in '12. Verner will be a good addition to their defense, he fits well into their system. That match up is strange in that it seems to flip flop, and favor one team one year and the other the next.
                      Agreed to a sense. I actually think it will be Carolina's defense the allows them to score 23 pts. I was less thinking about Tampa's D. I feel like Carolina's D will produce a couple turnovers and that will either give their O a short field or could see the possibility of a defensive touchdown. I'll be honest McCown had a good year last year but I just have a hard time drinking the koolaid that he is as good as his season was.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                        That is true, I had forgotten about the Washington injury. Their D seems to work well together though. The Chargers defense is a pretty good 'bend but don't break' defense that doesn't let anybody decimate them, and they have done well with clock control. They do have a shot at beating AZ, and really they could have a good chance beating any opponent on their schedule. I'm looking to see if they can do well with clock control again. I just figure AZ will edge it out at home though.

                        As for NO, well they also lost some offensive players, Sproles and Moore though I'm sure they will recover well from that as they do a good job getting the most out of skill players. However, you have to take into account the match up itself between the 2, and that things out of the norm often happen in it.

                        Think about last year-ATL was 4-12, NO had a top 5 O and D and yet...both meetings were less than a score. I think ATL will be better than that this year even. NO is top notch at home, yet ATL came very close to winning down there. ATL had an awful defense last year, NO had a great offense..yet 23 and 17 points is all they gave up in 2 meetings. The 2 teams just know eachother well, and it's always close. They find ways to get the upper hand through the player match ups, familiarity and etc.

                        It's just one of those things, it's like how the Browns defense used to play Peyton Manningwell when they had Crenell. Their defense was bad, but no one seemed to play Peyton Manning better than them.
                        I forgot about sproles, he is big part of there O. They did bring in Brandon Cook but I doubt he will be a big part of there O week one.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          [QUOTE=fallforward3y+;5004666]
                          GB 13, SEA 16
                          NO 28, ATL 21
                          MN 13, STL 27
                          CLE 20, PIT 17
                          JAX 23, PHI 28
                          OAK 14, NYJ 17
                          CIN 17, BAL 13
                          BUF 23, CHI 34
                          WAS 17, HOU 24
                          TN 21, KC 24
                          NE 27, MIA 17
                          CAR 13, TB 14
                          SFO 30, DAL 17
                          IND 21, DEN 38 (especially with Mathis out and at denver, I think the broncos stomp the colts)
                          NYG 10, DET 20
                          SD 14, AZ 27

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
                            Agreed to a sense. I actually think it will be Carolina's defense the allows them to score 23 pts. I was less thinking about Tampa's D. I feel like Carolina's D will produce a couple turnovers and that will either give their O a short field or could see the possibility of a defensive touchdown. I'll be honest McCown had a good year last year but I just have a hard time drinking the koolaid that he is as good as his season was.
                            In large part, it was those great Bears receivers. Jeffries and Marshall are a great duo. I do think he's good though, but I doubt he will have a repeat season in TB. He does have Vincent Jackson though, who I think he can connect with well.

                            That's why I picked TB, since I think their defense will hold down CAR's offense, and that TB is likely to get a few plays to VJ that can help make 17 points happen. If they get defensive scores they could put up 23 but I doubt it otherwise. I don't think they'll get the turnovers though, I think McCown will avoid that.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                              In large part, it was those great Bears receivers. Jeffries and Marshall are a great duo. I do think he's good though, but I doubt he will have a repeat season in TB. He does have Vincent Jackson though, who I think he can connect with well.

                              That's why I picked TB, since I think their defense will hold down CAR's offense, and that TB is likely to get a few plays to VJ that can help make 17 points happen. If they get defensive scores they could put up 23 but I doubt it otherwise. I don't think they'll get the turnovers though, I think McCown will avoid that.
                              He also has two 6' 5" rookies in Mike Evans & Austin Seferain-Jenkins.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X