Homer or Not!... You tell me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gorky View Post
    Sproles was a good back, but he didn't have the bulk to go with the strength. I seem to recall a lot of tackles where he was grabbed, and brought down fairly easily. Sproles was much better in open space where he could juke.

I agree about tackling a short strong runner. If you go low, they will win. It's better to go higher with them. The best way to tackle them (the horse collar) is now illegal.
    Sproles could be a pinball at times as well though, but yeah he was better at juking. He just fits your description, aside from the size. I wouldn't put too much stock into him going down easy though, with good tackling even very strong backs can appear to go down easy. You can just wrap up, tackle them forward..they'll go right down.

I was never a big fan of the horse collar tackle, or the facemask to tell you the truth. I do like the neck tackle though, I wish that clothesline was still legal. I remember Al Harris though, actually making a tackle like that on Adrian Peterson in 2008, it was pretty awesome. He didn't get flagged though, which I was surprised by.

There was a play where AP trucked Harris flat on his back earlier in the game that got a lot of attention, I wish people wouldn't have forgotten the good tackle he made.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      Since my team was bullied and just flatout beat in the Superbowl, I have been repeatdly called an idiot homer for even thinking the Broncos had a chance to win.
      So I want to know what the opinion is about week 3. Am I an homer to think Denver can go into Seattle and pull out the upset?
      The Broncos have a much faster and talented defense and they have rebuilt there oline, I see Denver playing a grind out ball control game and winning by fg.
      . Denver grind it out ball control? AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAH. LOL prepare to go 0-4 vs the NFC West if you try "ball control" with P. Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by PercyHarvin View Post
        . Denver grind it out ball control? AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAH. LOL prepare to go 0-4 vs the NFC West if you try "ball control" with P. Manning.
        We have about as much ball control experience with this group of players on our squad as your fanbase has mouth control. Bunch of howling loudmouth idiots. As evidenced in the above post...
        sigpic

Comment

• the fans saying Denver needs to play a smash mouth ball control game with Seattle are pretty clueless. that's not what Denver does, they don't need to do that either.

smack aside, Denver just needs to do what they do and they can beat anyone including Seattle, especially when it's the regular season minus the pressure of the superbowl.

Denver made a lot of mistakes in the superbowl they don't usually make, that has nothing to do with their style of play but you could question coaching and preparation going into that game.

Comment

• I have never seen a fanbase as arrogant as Seattle, its quite pathetic
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller
              Denvers lost to Seattle last year but they beat New England, San Diego, Philly, and in 2012 blew out both New Orleans and Carolina. Will find out how great your NFC West teams play this year. I predict Denver goes 3-1 vs your division. Arizona and SF will both lose in Denver and I know you guys are all excited about the Rams front four but they still don't have a runningback, a QB, or a go to WR.
              NO and CAR were not as good in 2012 as in 2013. As for DEN vs the NFC West, we've said a lot about the DEN-SFO game already, we just will have to see.

As for St Louis, I could see them pulling an upset if they do something like what they did with Indy last year. They have an ability to score on defense and special teams, and at times have shown to beat better teams that way, or teams that overall outplayed them. Your likely just thinking of it in terms of them outplaying you, and if your saying they likely won't your probably right. If they beat you, it's likely with turnovers and special teams.

Comment

• The butt-hurt remains strong.

I would have thought that it would have subsided by now.
                "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
                  The butt-hurt remains strong.

I would have thought that it would have subsided by now.
                  Watched the Deadliest Catch last night. They showed all of the guys on the boat listening to the SuperBowl on the radio. They're all Seahag fans...

I changed the channel.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X